Claimed off Waivers: Canes claim Curtis McElhinney

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Ruh? Unless Andersen or Sparks gets hurt, or Sparks is really disappointing, wouldn't that put them in the same position as when they waived McElhinny and Pickard the first time? Needing to either expose Sparks to waivers or carry 3 goalies?

Pretty sure you can claim your old player and send to the minor w no waivers

Reactions: lifelonghockeyfan

TAYGB52

Sep 20, 2018
McBackup looked great.

I hope the Leafs backup is half as good as he is!
No doubt! We’ll see how Sparks handles his home town team tonight. Gotta say...I’m nervous! Not gonna keep crying over Mac but if Sparks looks like hot garbage in his first couple of starts we’ll be looking for another McBackup by November

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Bet the Leafs are regretting this after tonight.
curtis is a short term solution the thought process behind the mgmt was that sparks would be better long term.
I disagree and theres a divide among leafs fan. i rather curtis, good backups arent always easy to get.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
curtis is a short term solution the thought process behind the mgmt was that sparks would be better long term.
I disagree and theres a divide among leafs fan. i rather curtis, good backups arent always easy to get.

McElhinney is the solution until he shows he can’t be.

Sparks final product is MAYBE a backup goalie. We got rid of a high quality backup for a guy who might be an average backup.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
When do we get him back?

I know the hurricanes are gonna put him back on waivers when their guys get healthy

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
McElhinney is the solution until he shows he can’t be.

Sparks final product is MAYBE a backup goalie. We got rid of a high quality backup for a guy who might be an average backup.
im not disagreeing with you, McElhinney has in two years given us a .924% save percentage over two years, that is pretty damn elite.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
When do we get him back?

I know the hurricanes are gonna put him back on waivers when their guys get healthy
There's a chance we carry 3 goalies when Darling gets back, especially with the uncertainty at starter.

If Mrazek keeps playing this mediocre and McBackup keeps playing well, it'll be Mrazek who's being waived.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I wouldn’t be so sure. We don’t have a definite answer in net. There’s a permanent role with Carolina for him if he can continue to play like he did in his debut.
Yep. Canes are carrying 22 with Rask being on the LTIR like he is. I wouldn't be shocked if we carry 3 goalies for a bit until we see how things shake out.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Bet the Leafs are regretting this after tonight.

@Eyedea

33170A9D-C1D6-481C-AECE-8F97CBFF5971.jpeg

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Darling lost 30lbs.

On the Canes website Darling is listed with 232 lb.
Must be a lazy management to give people false infos.

Also interesting is McElhinney.
With the Leafs he was 6'3, with Canes now 6'2.

Too many liar in this world.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
He lost 30lbs over the summer, in a well documented work out program the team put him on.

Heavy work out? I wonder about what he did.
What did he lose, fat or muscles?
Did he change his eating habits?

Good the Canes took care of him in the offseason, that's how it should be.

What kind of injury does he have now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad