Post-Game Talk: Canes @ Caps 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Does anyone else feel our playoff chances lie with Kuzy being the difference/xfactor? I'm talking the same way the Pens would rely on Malkin to get it going if Crosby doesn't will be the same way Kuzy needs to if it isn't an Ovi night.

I kinda feel that way, that he has to be what he can be for it to be a deep deep run this post season or another early exit. That's how high is ceiling is for me.

Kinda like we needed him last playoffs, so yeah agree.

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
I'm not saying it wasn't a high stick but that call was made strictly based on the the head snap. He wasn't making the call until he saw the cane player grab his face and maybe also after backs stopped playing. But he sure didn't see it

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Two against the Hawks, one against the Pens, one against the Blues.
Possession numbers go up and down all the time, I don't see an issue with the top line's play right now.

Certainly wouldn't point to Pens game as an argument in their favor. Ovie was -4 in that game

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Certainly wouldn't point to Pens game as an argument in their favor. Ovie was -4 in that game

A goal off his skate, a goal where he was tripped by Crosby in OT, a fluke Bonino goal off the glass and a goalie interference goal by Malkin IIRC. -4 means nothing to me, +/- is meaningless without context.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
A goal off his skate, a goal where he was tripped by Crosby in OT, a fluke Bonino goal off the glass and a goalie interference goal by Malkin IIRC. -4 means nothing to me, +/- is meaningless without context.

You don't get into those bad luck scenarios if you don't let the opposing team have possessions in your zone.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Are we seriously basing anything off that freaky Pens game?

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles

Look, i love the guy. I'm just saying, last few games his line hasn't
Been great at ES. That's all. And it's not just +\- , it's Corsi and eyeball test.

And ... as i **** about him, he dishes pretty primary assist.

I'll shut up.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
So Backstrom 10 game point streak.... Ovi 8 game point streak.... Oshie 4 game goal streak - and people are saying our top line isn't playing like a top line lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad