Post-Game Talk: Canes @ Caps 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 15, 2007
I cannot believe Ovechkin didn't shoot that. Too much passing on the brain lately.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Fair enough. Mostly PP points though, right. Best thing about this run is how much of it has been at ES. My sense is he's not been much of a factor in that. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'd say about half of it has been at ES, thanks to his line mates being on fire.

Chorney beats up Nordstrom, icing on the cake.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I cannot believe Ovechkin didn't shoot that. Too much passing on the brain lately.

I love that pass. It's basically the same play that led to Nisky tap-in a few games ago, and while 19 didnt finish this one, his chance was even better than 8's, due to goalie having to change direction yet again.

92, on the other hand, definitely still overpasses when he is in the dark red Absolutely Must Shoot zone

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
It set the tone for the game retroactively.

Lol.

Hey I'd be cheapshotting and brawling too, if i were in Canes position. It sucks losing that bad, and the Caps were still trying to score right up to the end.

Which they absolutely should do, btw. But yeah, it'll make the opponent ornery for sure

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I love that pass. It's basically the same play that led to Nisky tap-in a few games ago, and while 19 didnt finish this one, his chance was even better than 8's, due to goalie having to change direction yet again.

92, on the other hand, definitely still overpasses when he is in the dark red Absolutely Must Shoot zone

This

Todos a la Calle

Mar 30, 2015
Mexico City
Is it just me, or has Ovechkin's recent preference for the pass over the shot helped ignite this offense? His goal scoring prowess seems a little off this year, but he's doing a good job of compensating for this and his teammates are picking up the slack.

(still has too many pointless stick-handling adventures into opposing defense men though)

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Is it just me, or has Ovechkin's recent preference for the pass over the shot helped ignite this offense? His goal scoring prowess seems a little off this year, but he's doing a good job of compensating for this and his teammates are picking up the slack.

(still has too many pointless stick-handling adventures into opposing defense men though)

I think he's exploiting the open ice that he creates for his line mates. Look at how he drew everyone to him over to the left side and he found Oshie all alone in the slot. That's what great players do.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Man, this is a catastrophe. Come spring, we're going to have no idea how to play "playoff hockey. We're totally screwed. :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad