Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
2i7reqs.jpg
"Hey, only we can kill our players."

207r28.jpg

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
so either he's really injured or Tripp's just doing that thing again where he's wrong af but he says it a bunch of more times in an attempt to make people think he's right.

Based on Rod's comments I think it's something, but maybe not going to keep him from playing Friday. Tripp was probably overcompensating, fighting back saying something awkward about a players mom or something.

Last edited:

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
Probably not the best example with the Rams mustard yellow and that K-Mart off brand red and puke brown Bucs combo.

NHL unis are more subtle.
tempjax_ten_1027_k--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Having both colored jerseys on the field/ice don't mesh well to me. Having both a colored and white jersey make it not blend in and eaiser to distinguish who is what team. Baseball works with the "colored rush" because the teams aren't taking up the same space on the field.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
tempjax_ten_1027_k--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Having both colored jerseys on the field/ice don't mesh well to me. Having both a colored and white jersey make it not blend in and eaiser to distinguish who is what team. Baseball works with the "colored rush" because the teams aren't taking up the same space on the field.
You're picking some of the ugliest color rush uniforms though. I'm not a huge fan of them myself, especially the Jaguars and Bucs who have some of the ugliest uniforms in all of professional sports. But some aren't too bad.

As for hockey, I liked when both teams wore home jerseys during the preseason the few games it happened. I wouldn't mind more of that is all I'm saying.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, sure it was. Your posting history is pretty clear and you took the opportunity to bring your political views into the discussion, as you frequently do. Can't believe you are even trying to deny it.

I don't deny bringing political views up previously, but in this case it was merely an analogy, not a "discussion".

JHFC this is North. Carolina. And people who like hockey. WTF is going on here? Its not like this is a chat forum based out of Berkley regarding their soccer club, in which case I'd totally get people taking umbrage with the slightest controversial comment.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I don't deny bringing political views up previously, but in this case it was merely an analogy, not a "discussion".

JHFC this is North. Carolina. And people who like hockey. WTF is going on here? Its not like this is a chat forum based out of Berkley regarding their soccer club, in which case I'd totally get people taking umbrage with the slightest controversial comment.

Whatever, you could have used 1000 different analogies, but you chose to go with your go to. Sorry if you don't like when people can see that. Yeah, I know, you'll then post about people needing to be less sensitive, toughen up, blah, blah, blah.

Setting that aside, your views on Corsi are pretty simplistic as well. You fall into the "whoever thinks corsi is the answer is wrong" category. It's simply a statistic of shots. It's not THE statistic.

As an engineer, I recognize there is rarely, if ever, 1 piece of data that shows the whole story, but I'm smart enough to not discard 1 piece of data because it doesn't show the whole story. You can't seem to grasp that concept.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Whatever, you could have used 1000 different analogies, but you chose to go with your go to. Sorry if you don't like when people can see that. Yeah, I know, you'll then post about people needing to be less sensitive, toughen up, blah, blah, blah.

Setting that aside, your views on Corsi are pretty simplistic as well. You fall into the "whoever thinks corsi is the answer is wrong" category. It's simply a statistic of shots. It's not THE statistic.

As an engineer, I recognize there is rarely, if ever, 1 piece of data that shows the whole story, but I'm smart enough to not discard 1 piece of data because it doesn't show the whole story. You can't seem to grasp that concept.

As a former intelligence analyst, I get data points.

But you are not getting what I am saying. I was bagging on people who are obsessed with Corsi, not Corsi itself. Which is what required the analogy between Corsi and the popular vote, unless you can think of a better one.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006

But you are not getting what I am saying. I was bagging on people who are obsessed with Corsi, not Corsi itself. Which is what required the analogy between Corsi and the popular vote, unless you can think of a better one.

I am getting it, and I agree that anyone that is "obsessed with Corsi" is missing the boat. In that thread though, it all started when nyquil started making jokes about corsi right away. It wasn't "corsi gods" spouting off about it in the first place.

Anyhow, it was meant to be a novelty that two teams that are shooting a lot are facing each other and people took it too seriously IMO.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

That analogy isn’t terrible, and I’m having a hell of a time coming up with a better one. Give me an hour and my glass of scotch and see if I can come up with a good one.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Corsi is actually a lot like net yardage in football. You could outgain a team by 200 yards but if you’re kicking field goals and throwing red zone interceptions you could still lose. In the long run if you’re out gaining teams every week you should be a winning team. But if your turnover margin blows (PDO would be the correlation to hockey) you probs my won’t be.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I am getting it, and I agree that anyone that is "obsessed with Corsi" is missing the boat. In that thread though, it all started when nyquil started making jokes about corsi right away. It wasn't "corsi gods" spouting off about it in the first place.

Anyhow, it was meant to be a novelty that two teams that are shooting a lot are facing each other and people took it too seriously IMO.

Well, I guess after the two teams meet, and the Corsi factor cancels each other out, we get to find out the magnitude of the other factors that are left.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Corsi is actually a lot like net yardage in football. You could outgain a team by 200 yards but if you’re kicking field goals and throwing red zone interceptions you could still lose. In the long run if you’re out gaining teams every week you should be a winning team. But if your turnover margin blows (PDO would be the correlation to hockey) you probs my won’t be.

Yeah.

Like I said, Corsi is a measure, but not THE measure. First, it's only a 5v5 measure so PP and PK are ignored. Second, teams like the Pens and Caps have so much talent, that they don't have to win the possession war, because Crosby, Malkin and Kessel can score when they need to.

Canes aren't talented enough to not dominate the play 5v5. The only chance they have to compete is to out play and out chance the other team.

When a team is talented (or has a great goalie) and dominates possession is when you get a really good team.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Well, I guess after the two teams meet, and the Corsi factor cancels each other out, we get to find out the magnitude of the other factors that are left.

I think you are taking the thread too seriously/literally. It was just a thread about two teams that shoot a lot right now.

The Canes are not on the same level (talent wise) as SJ. I don't think anyone else thinks otherwise. So IMO, the Canes have to outplay/outshoot them just to have a chance. As was shown last night, the Sharks can score goals quickly with Pavelski, Karlsson, Burns, etc..

IMO, If the Canes don't outshout the Sharks, they won't have a chance. Even if they do outshoot the Sharks, they still may not win. Like I said, "Corsi" isn't the be all, end all. Talent matters.

Also, metrics for a single game are kind of meaningless statistically.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad