Proposal: Candidates for 3rd line winger role

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
If we're all incorrect and he is cleared, then yes. If he's involved and suspended he needs to be suspended then cut. I don't want someone like that on my team. So far the only team and fanbase that has endorsed and accepted a proven sex offender is Montreal with Mailloux, which I find bizarre.

Reactions: God Says No

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
If we're all incorrect and he is cleared, then yes. If he's involved and suspended he needs to be suspended then cut. I don't want someone like that on my team. So far the only team and fanbase that has endorsed and accepted a proven sex offender is Montreal with Mailloux, which I find bizarre.

I'm not saying you aren't doing this, but keep this same energy with Batherson if the same comes out about him.

Really hope both are innocent, but if either one is a guilty party (pizza guy is even iffy due to optics) they need to be barred from participation from the league like Voynov.

Reactions: bert

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
I'm not saying you aren't doing this, but keep this same energy with Batherson if the same comes out about him.

Really hope both are innocent, but if either one is a guilty party (pizza guy is even iffy due to optics) they need to be barred from participation from the league like Voynov.
Yes, if Batherson is involved, I want him cut from the team also. At this time, based on information, I think he's not involved. We'll all find out the truth soon.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Yes, if Batherson is involved, I want him cut from the team also. At this time, based on information, I think he's not involved. We'll all find out the truth soon.
The "truth" can be grey and uncertain given that there are many parties involved in this situation.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Not really worried about Formenton. I don’t think the delay has anything to do with HC.

I think Forms wants a higher number coming off an 18 goal season and they just haven’t been able to come to a deal.

Like Dorion said it’s like the Brady situation, he’ll either be signed during pre-season or right before the season starts and miss a couple of regular season games.

Motte will be a fine replacement for a few games. Pinto-Joseph as a duo on the 3rd line is the best we’ve had in a long, long time. Adding Forms to those two just makes it that much better

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton

Why don't you just stick to the topic at hand. Discuss this nonsense on another thread please

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Might not be any true established 3rd line wingers on the team. To me 3rd line RW and LW are are biggest weakness. Joseph wasn’t an established 3rd W in Tampa and neither is Formenton. Outside of this two it’s only Greig who to me is a legit 3rd line player. Motte, Kelly, Crookshank, Kastelic are all really good 4th line players

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Crookshank seems to be a good fit. Some decent hands, and likes to get his nose dirty around the net. And I like the idea of having someone take a bit of the physical heat off Pinto.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
It's got to be Motte. I've got a really good feeling about this guy.

He's apparently been flying out there so far with Joseph and Pinto. Crazy speed on that line and good defensive awareness. All of them are good PKers. It's got great potential to be a reliable shut down line that can burn other teams with their speed and hard forechecking.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Formenton not being on that 3rd line transforms it from a potential x-factor area of strength to something we hope we can keep afloat.

Motte is best candidate and Kaestlic coming in in great shape poses well for him to slide in 4th line.

Motte-Pinto-Joseph
Kelly-Kaestlic-Watson

We need Formenton, though. Completely changes dynamic and depth of our bottom 6.

We look a bit foolish in trading Brown prematurely now without having acquired the top 4 we needed and now with Formenton situation unravelling.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I personally think Crookshank should get it. I don't like the idea of an offensive black hole like Motte playing with Pinto.
Motte isn’t an offensive black hole. He’s not a high flying offensive player but he can make plays.

Formenton not being on that 3rd line transforms it from a potential x-factor area of strength to something we hope we can keep afloat.

Motte is best candidate and Kaestlic coming in in great shape poses well for him to slide in 4th line.

Motte-Pinto-Joseph
Kelly-Kaestlic-Watson

We need Formenton, though. Completely changes dynamic and depth of our bottom 6.

We look a bit foolish in trading Brown prematurely now without having acquired the top 4 we needed and now with Formenton situation unravelling.
I think “keep it afloat” is a bit drastic. Pinto and Joseph are both still excellent 3rd liners who could easily play top 6.

Reactions: DrEasy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Lots of options:

1. Formenton
2. Motte - most likely brought in as insurance in case Formenton doesn't play
3. Kelly - moves up a line
4. Hawryluk - NHL experience
5. Brassard - if he has a very good training camp, NHL experience
6. Crookshank
7. Jarventie
8. Sokolov - move Joseph to 3rd line LW & callup Sokolov for 3rd line RW
9. Gambrell - sign Brassard to play centre & move Gambrell to LW
10. Greig (may not be completely healthy)

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
After the first two games I have the bottom 6 penciled in as

Motte-Pinto-Joseph
Kelly-Kastelic-Crookshank

With Greig being the biggest question mark right now.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
After the first two games I have the bottom 6 penciled in as

Motte-Pinto-Joseph
Kelly-Kastelic-Crookshank

With Greig being the biggest question mark right now.
Crookshank is not playing RW over Watson & while I too want Kastelic to play they signed Gambrell & he will most likely start the yr as the 4th line centre. Motte is clearly the Formenton replacement if he doesn't sign or is prohibited from playing or traded. I would keep Formenton over most of the LW options.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I would much rather have Formenton play 3rd line LW than anyone else. While a few guys could fill in on the 3rd line RW spot none of them bring the offence I would like to see that C. Brown brought on that 3rd line. He would be the perfect fit there right now. On the 4th line I want Kastelic at centre & someone bigger, tougher, who can skate & rough it up if needed. I don't mind one of the three below at 4th line LW but I think they need a fighter on RW who can also play & contribute. Joseph just isn't the playmaker or goal scorer they need on the 3rd line RW IMO. I think Boucher & Ostapchuk could eventually make their way onto this bottom six in the next 2 yrs.

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
DeBrincat - Stutzle - Giroux
Formenton - Pinto - ???
Motte/Joseph/Kelly - Kastelic - ???

The defence needs to be upgraded especially given we have 3 UFAs on it this yr. Re-signing Zub has to be a priority & no brainer, he's just better than everyone else defensively. IMO Sanderson is going to be another special player, maybe not quite as dynamic as Chabot but better defensively & will still bring some offence. I think he will get better every yr & could be a better version of Redden.

I like Hamonic as the 4th D, he has decent size & can play a tough game & will drop them, but he is a 32 yr old UFA. JBD IMO could be the best RD we have at the moment to replace him next yr & play with Sanderson that would allow Sanderson to attack offensively. I'm not a fan of Zaitsev or Brannstrom & would prefer Thomson at this time to replace them on the roster. Holden is a 35 yr old UFA who could be replaced by Kleven as soon as next yr.

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - JBD
Kleven - Thomson

The goaltending this yr looks much better than last yr, but Talbot is a 35 yr old UFA & I'm just not sure about Forsberg or Sogaard for this future team. Goaltenders are hard to guage, but most of the very good ones were all drafted fairly high. The Sens need a good young goaltender to emerge from within or fall into their lap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad