Post-Game Talk: Canadiens @ Rangers: "These refs suck"

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Regardless of whether anyone wants to hear it or not, Budaj played a great game tonight. Just because you are officially a backup does not preclude having a great game, which he surely, definitely did.

He was good at gobbling the puck, but the Rangers helped by taking tons of low percentage shots.

UDnyr92

Jan 6, 2011
Sure Budaj won the game for them, but sucks that the refs got in the way so much. Particularly the "penalty" on Kreider... Brass was on a breakaway all alone and, you have to think, has quite a solid chance to score. Would've been 1-1 then, and it's a whole new game. Oh well, effort was there, a number of great scoring chances, couldn't finish. Better luck next time, LGR

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
When you can't score one single ****ing goal against a back up goalie in your home opener you don't deserve to win. Stop *****ing about the refs what are you guys 12?

Oh, please. The only Montreal goal came when Boyle was called for bodychecking. The game should be 0-0 in OT right now. Probably would have been a shootout with the way Hank and Budaj played.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Stop with the refs. Getting so friggin old. This team sucks. Stepan was given a layup and he sold out, the the Habs come right back and show how it's done.

To get shutout by a backup in your home opener is beyond pathetic. I guarantee you this team will tease and torture you guys all season.

They're the Cubs. Except their losing isn't lovable.

Look at Saads pass to Kane tonight. The Rangers haven't pulled off a play like that since 1972.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Refs were bad but the offensive ineptness was worse.

At least the effort has been there for the last few games but there's no way this team is going to be able to score on a consistent basis.

The Rangers are going to have an awfully hard time of digging themselves out of this hole if they can't string together a few wins.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
this team is not very skilled.. AV had skilled teams in the past... AV is struggling with a team that is not very skilled. i believe this is the least skilled team that AV has coached in the last 10 years.

Watch a team like Phoenix play.

Less skill then the Rangers by a long shot. But they go out there every night and play hard, and execute simple plays that hockey players start making when they're in peewee.

AV is doing a **** job along with every single player.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Montreal Typical.

Budaj played out of his mind.

Doesn't matter. Rangers offense is laughable. No excuses.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Refs are a cop out. This team can't score on a back up as per the usual. Nothing new here. Just another day in Rangerland. Starting to have an existential/religious crisis where hell is actually being a Rangers fan for a dillion lifetimes.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
Montreal typical :nod:

Some weird ass calls in that game. At least the refs were consistent in their terribleness.

Love the way Kreider looks. Miller finally showed some flashes, but I still don't think he's ready. Huge mis-step by Fast and Pyatt on the Habs first goal. Bad miscommunication on that play.

I think Hagelin is going to inject a lot of life into this lineup tomorrow.

Would love:

Hagelin - Stepan - Richards
Kreider - Brassard - Zuccarello
Pouliot - Boyle - Miller
DD - Moore - Fast/Mashinter

This should be the moment when AV FINALLY gets off the Pyatt train. No need for him tomorrow. Play Mash if you think we need some more physicality for what will surely be a tough game.

Lol you still wanna see stepan as our first line center and Boyle as our 3rd line center? Gunna be a long year if that's the case

Championship*

3 shutouts already this season. Vanek hat trick incoming tomorrow night.

danman1202

Nov 19, 2006
Long Island
Calls were absolute **** but we got shutout by Peter Budaj. Just awful.

What is it with this team and Montreal?

what is it with this team and everyone this year

with all the players out, they're real bad

add Lundqvist initially sucking (although it seems like he's straightening it out now) and the team not adjusting or doing well with AV's "system" and it's really bad

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Budaj was incredible. Anyone saying the team sucked tonight didn't watch the game.

Were there mistakes? Yes. But as a whole, we outplayed Montreal (even with the ******** reffing) and Budaj played out of his mind. Props to him because I can safely say I have never seen him play that well in any time throughout his career. That's a career game for him and good for him.

But **** all of the ******** in this game.

This is the problem. This is a far too common theme. I am tired of it and tired of never scoring any goals.

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009
Another day, another loss, another excuse. Can't wait for the process to repeat tomorrow

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Calls were absolute **** but we got shutout by Peter Budaj. Just awful. =

What does getting shutout by a guy having a career night have to do with this? We had a ton of scoring chances and he stopped everything. Made some seriously incredible saves. Budaj deserves a metric ton of credit because on any other night, we put a couple of those chances in the net. Hats off to him.

RangersFan

Feb 27, 2002
NY, NY
Nothings new, this team has a terrible time of scoring. The players never seem to all gel at the same time. To be fair though, Budaj isn't some scrub, he might be the best backup in the league. That said the Rangers aren't gonna win many games if Stepan and Richards are invisible.

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
What does getting shutout by a guy having a career night have to do with this? We had a ton of scoring chances and he stopped everything. Made some seriously incredible saves. Budaj deserves a metric ton of credit because on any other night, we put a couple of those chances in the net. Hats off to him.

we say this every game

nikonsniper*

I dont know why any team in the NHL would play their starter against the Rangers.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
We can blame the refs all we want, they still got shut out, they blew plenty of open chances. The refs didn't miss the net for us we did

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Stop with the refs. Getting so friggin old. This team sucks. Stepan was given a layup and he sold out, the the Habs come right back and show how it's done.

To get shutout by a backup in your home opener is beyond pathetic. I guarantee you this team will tease and torture you guys all season.

They're the Cubs. Except their losing isn't lovable.

Look at Saads pass to Kane tonight. The Rangers haven't pulled off a play like that since 1972.

Bingo. This team needs to retool right now. They don't have a window this year to do much of anything. I'm of the belief they call up the kids and rid themselves of the fat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad