Post-Game Talk: Canadiens @ Rangers: "These refs suck"

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
I totally agree, saw enough of that. They would run out of options and try the low percentage shot on a wing and a prayer.
Me, I'm looking forward to getting some players back into the lineup, but it seems that is a common refrain.

I mean your not going to score a lot of goals without some slot penetration. The Rangers seem to like to throw the puck at the net from the half boards.

This was demonstrated with that idiotic play by Del Z, when he had wide open chance in the high slot, and moves the puck laterally to J moore for bad angle point shot. That stuff has to end...

Look if the slot is being covered, you skate the puck towards the net. You don't throw the puck widely and expect something to happen. Its stupid, nonsensical, garbage pail habits left over from Torts. AV needs to nip that crap in that butt.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I have a lot of sympathy for a team facing a hot goalie but guys like Richie, Brassard and Stepan would look a lot better with someone in the lineup who could convert regularly. If we're a low-end playoff team I hope we try to rent a Moulson-type.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Any team missing 3 top 6 forwards is gonna struggle a bit. I mean stepan playing liek absolute garbage evrey game doesnt help either. its not lack of effort. Things just arent going our way right now. 72 games left still time to turn it around

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Why can't those two views be reconciled? The team sucks offensively, and therefore the coach is a clown for playing an open style. He needs to wake up to what Torts before him realized and get this team grinding again.
Um, that's what they've been doing the past two nights, basically. You would seriously say the Rangers played an "open style", tonight?

You are quite literally making things up to condemn AV because you're pissy that they fired Torts. It's ridiculous.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Why can't those two views be reconciled? The team sucks offensively, and therefore the coach is a clown for playing an open style. He needs to wake up to what Torts before him realized and get this team grinding again.

And where will that take us when we can't score?

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Liked what I saw from Miller, Kreider, Zuccarello and Lundqvist tonight. Kreider looked like an animal. He just needs to start converting his chances. I wonder why some of the folks here even consider themselves a fan of the team. Budaj was stellar tonight, sometimes you go up against a guy that you won't beat. It happens.

Still plenty of hockey to go.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
I'm sorry, but when you get shut out 30% of the time, the "hot goalie" excuse holds no water.

Kreider and Miller were the only forwards who showed up tonight.

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009
Um, that's what they've been doing the past two nights, basically. You would seriously say the Rangers played an "open style", tonight?

You are quite literally making things up to condemn AV because you're pissy that they fired Torts. It's ridiculous.

You think they played Torts system tonight? I don't know what game you're watching.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Hags in and hopefully Pyatt out will help but golly they need another scorer ASAP.

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
Putrid. Montreal had almost two lines out with injuries tonight and still beat the Rangers in every facet of this game. Vigneault and his worthless staff will be gone by Christmas. I's say bring up the kids, but there's nothing there, either. Miller and Fast shouldn't even be up as it is.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Some of you act like if you got run over by a bus blowing through a red light, you'd blame yourselves for crossing a street on a green light.

The refs were beyond terrible. Why does your hatred for this team not permit you to see the blatant ******** that went on tonight?

Then on top of it, friggin' Budaj plays the game of his life.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
You think they played Torts system tonight? I don't know what game you're watching.

They were basically grinding down low and relying on the forecheck for the majority of the game. It's not going to be the same exact "system", no, but it was the same mindset. And that's what they need to do. AV and solid defensive execution is the only reason this game was close tonight.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012

They have switched back to zone coverage. They are keeping one D man back in the neutral zone on the transition. They are forcing plays down low in the Ozone.

The only thing they are doing slightly different is that they have a little more support on the transition from their own end and they are playing a staggered D zone coverage. But its not dramatically different from Torts...

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The Curse of the Backup Goalie strikes again. Noticed it a couple years ago, Rangers drop too many games vs backups.

goalsequalvictory

Apr 28, 2013
Good chance that if the Kreider penalty isn't called, it's a 1-1 game, and anything can happen. Honestly, we lost because we couldn't score, but you can't deny that officiating was against us in a big way tonight.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I'm sorry, but when you get shut out 30% of the time, the "hot goalie" excuse holds no water.

Kreider and Miller were the only forwards who showed up tonight.

Disagree. Zukes was giving 110% and generating chances. We need less big useless guys like Pyatt and Puliout and more talented forwards.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
They were basically grinding down low and relying on the forecheck for the majority of the game. It's not going to be the same exact "system", no, but it was the same mindset. And that's what they need to do. AV and solid defensive execution is the only reason this game was close tonight.

Don't you know? There is two "systems" in all of hockey.

One is Torts'. Which was handed down to him by the hockey Gods.

And the other is the high octane offense that AV has always preached. Which is an abomination.

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad