Post-Game Talk: Canadiens @ Rangers: "These refs suck"

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009
What does getting shutout by a guy having a career night have to do with this? We had a ton of scoring chances and he stopped everything. Made some seriously incredible saves. Budaj deserves a metric ton of credit because on any other night, we put a couple of those chances in the net. Hats off to him.

Finishing is a distinct skill. It doesn't just happen because you create chances.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The refs were horrible but the Rangers didn't get enough pressure on the Canadiens D.

That being said how Miller's goal could be called back in the Flyers game and Galchenyuk's not tonight is really hard for me to understand. If anything the Miller non-goal was from a puck thrown into his feet by the Flyers goalie Steve Mason. To me that was a lot more credible than this one. The so-called Toronto war room where these decisions are made is a war room biased towards certain clubs--Montreal and Toronto being two such teams.

The call on Kreider was particularly egregious *********. Stopped a really good opportunity for Brassard to get in on Budaj as well. The call on John Moore very iffy and the one on Boyle on which Montreal scored the game winner was very bad.

Slick Rick 61

Jul 11, 2007
Have to tip your cap to Budaj. Rangers had more quality scoring chances, that's for sure.

Holy ****, was this game poorly officiated. Moore, Boyle, Kreider, and then even the Markov slashing call was a joke.

Positives are they've tightened up defensively and that we're finally seeing the Kreider that we've waited for.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Really liked the energy level.

How the hell was the Galchenyuk goal good, but Miller's goal no good? Worst part is it is the same Toronto crew. Not like you can chalk it up to individual refs.

*Bob Richards*

What does getting shutout by a guy having a career night have to do with this? We had a ton of scoring chances and he stopped everything. Made some seriously incredible saves. Budaj deserves a metric ton of credit because on any other night, we put a couple of those chances in the net. Hats off to him.

I'm not diminishing his game but we couldn't net one friggin goal in our home opener against Budaj? This offense sucks.

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
He was good at gobbling the puck, but the Rangers helped by taking tons of low percentage shots.

I totally agree, saw enough of that. They would run out of options and try the low percentage shot on a wing and a prayer.
Me, I'm looking forward to getting some players back into the lineup, but it seems that is a common refrain.

Edit: my main point is that Budaj did bail out his team by just being very steady, quick and square to the play. He was in the right place. Habs defense isn't all that good

GFiP*

Time to start looking at next year. This team blows massive moose dong.

CDiablo

Jul 18, 2012
Good thing is the team is keeping games close and watchable. A lot of defensive breakdowns that Lundvquist mostly covered, and a lot of penalties. Budaj played great and the Canadians D blocked almost 30 shots. I feel the team is inching towards better things, and will be a lot better when we get the IR guys back.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I concur.

I'm generally the first one to say we suck and Jonathan isn't far behind....when the team actually sucks.

This was genuinely a game we were the better team in and ran into a mound of ****.

Exactly. This is the EXACT type of game where I make a million angry posts (I bet 50,000 of my posts came during 5 or 6 losses like this :sarcasm: ) before rage quitting. I hate when the team loses when they outplay the other team. The single worst type of loss. I'd rather them get blown out 9-0 again than lose a game like this.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I've seriously ****ing had it with Stepan. He's playing like garbage. Needs to be scratched.

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009
So you admit the team lacks finishing ability? And yet you still blame the coach? LOL. Your agenda is showing.

Why can't those two views be reconciled? The team sucks offensively, and therefore the coach is a clown for playing an open style. He needs to wake up to what Torts before him realized and get this team grinding again.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I'm not diminishing his game but we couldn't net one friggin goal in our home opener against Budaj? This offense sucks.

You tell me what chance we had that would have been different if we had other personnel. I don't see anywhere where any of our very good chances would be different with another player shooting the puck. Budaj was that good tonight.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Now I remember why I don't read game day threads. Way too much *****ing and finger pointing.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Did Pyatt get benched late in the game? Would love to see him scratched for Hags tomorrow.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
what really ****ing pissed me off about that ******** Kreider penalty was that Brassard was on a clean breakaway. Stupid ****ing zebras.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->