Post-Game Talk: Canadiens @ Rangers: "These refs suck"

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
We deserved to win that.

Budaj stole it and the refs helped him.

Budaj was incredible. Anyone saying the team sucked tonight didn't watch the game.

Were there mistakes? Yes. But as a whole, we outplayed Montreal (even with the ******** reffing) and Budaj played out of his mind. Props to him because I can safely say I have never seen him play that well in any time throughout his career. That's a career game for him and good for him.

But **** all of the ******** in this game.

Punxrocknyc19*

Blame is on the officials all you guys want. It's a pathetic and temporary excuse.

We ****ing suck. They every bit deserved to lose tonight. Montreal has a ****ing horrible lineup right now and they outplayed us everywhere on the ice.

Some of these players get paid millions of dollars to churn out an absolutely awful product.

**** every single player on this team.

this team is not very skilled.. AV had skilled teams in the past... AV is struggling with a team that is not very skilled. i believe this is the least skilled team that AV has coached in the last 10 years.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
What I'm wondering is why are Montreal fans coming to our board to try and defend the refs.

This isn't the main board.

Championship*

The following excuse has now been retired for the 2013-2014 season:

"They haven't even played a home game yet!"

It will now join "It's only preseason" and "It's only the first few games"

Nothing like getting shutout in your home opener. If anybody didn't see this game coming down broadway in a mack truck it's time to get your eyes checked.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Montreal typical :nod:

Some weird ass calls in that game. At least the refs were consistent in their terribleness.

Love the way Kreider looks. Miller finally showed some flashes, but I still don't think he's ready. Huge mis-step by Fast and Pyatt on the Habs first goal. Bad miscommunication on that play.

I think Hagelin is going to inject a lot of life into this lineup tomorrow.

Would love:

Hagelin - Stepan - Richards
Kreider - Brassard - Zuccarello
Pouliot - Boyle - Miller
DD - Moore - Fast/Mashinter

This should be the moment when AV FINALLY gets off the Pyatt train. No need for him tomorrow. Play Mash if you think we need some more physicality for what will surely be a tough game.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
When you can't score one single ****ing goal against a back up goalie in your home opener you don't deserve to win. Stop *****ing about the refs what are you guys 12?

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
We deserved to win that.

Budaj stole it and the refs helped him.

The Rangers didn't deserve to win anything in that game. They were slightly better along the boards at times. But the Rangers neutralized their own work by being idiots with the puck. No awareness, poor positioning and terrible decisions.

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Regardless of whether anyone wants to hear it or not, Budaj played a great game tonight. Just because you are officially a backup does not preclude having a great game, which he surely, definitely did.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Wouldn't say we sucked, would just say this team is severely lacking in offensive skill. Defense and goaltending were great. Forwards were pretty pathetic, on the whole.

*Bob Richards*

Calls were absolute **** but we got shutout by Peter Budaj. Just awful.

What is it with this team and Montreal?

Championship*

And complaining about the refs is useless. They were bad, but they didn't turn Budaj into a god. The Rangers just aren't very good. At all.

dmjt4160

Jun 27, 2011
Tough lost. Played fairly well overall, we didn't generate a ton but it was enough that we should have been able to score a couple.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
this team is not very skilled.. AV had skilled teams in the past... AV is struggling with a team that is not very skilled. i believe this is the least skilled team that AV has coached in the last 10 years.
To be fair he is missing 3 top 6 players. Stepan who was suppose to be the 1 Center loooks like the oldest 23 year old i have seen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->