Post-Game Talk: Canadiens @ Rangers 2/19/13 - Moar Icing

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
Horrid game. We looked flat. Despite that we nearly came away with 3 points. It happens. Let's move on and avoid full panic mode. We've played well in February.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Del Zotto has to go. As far as I'm concerned there's two primary objectives for a defenseman: be good at defense obviously, and be effective on the PP. Del Zotto is awful at both.

And maybe Staal should go to Carolina, it'll be a few less turnovers leading to a goal against for us.

Glad you are not the GM because Staal is one of the best shutdown defenders in the game.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Chris Callahan is Ryan Drury.

That's all.

New identity should revolve around Hags, Stepan and McDonagh. Either one could be groomed as fine captains down the road. With McDonagh, he certainly always leads by example out there.

Yeah lets get rid of our Captain. :shakehead

As for Stepan it was only a week ago that lots of people wanted him gone. All of sudden he's the future.

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
Seems like I didn't miss much by falling asleep before the game even got started. ****ing time difference. Most games start at 1 am for me.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Slats was criticized for picking the assistants before he hired Renney as head coach. Slats picked Schoenfeld and O'Reilly to assist Trottier. Now Slats is criticized for not firing Sullivan. The coach should pick his assistants and make any changes in the staff. Torts had a falling out with Craig Ramsey in TB and fired him. They won a Cup together.

If the Rangers don't win by 2014,Torts won't be here to prevent Richards from getting bought out. Torts is no dummy. He sees Richards struggling. No tears will be shed for Richards if he is bought out in June 2014 getting $51M out of the $60M.

Everyone needs to play better. Henrik. The defenseman. The forwards. All of them.

WhiskeyDeke

Shut up, Keith.
Jul 5, 2006
Va
Brad Richards played 19 minutes and 36 seconds tonight...

Brad Richards made $21,000 dollars for each minute he was on the ice tonight.

How do you feel about yourself right now?

Dg5J7.gif

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
Glad I decided to trust my instinct and for the first time this season i didn't watch the full game, went with the highlight at NHL.com. Good call I guess.

gmerger37

Dec 2, 2010
North Jersey
My anger with torts revolves around his stubborn refusal to adjust and adapt in game....down by a goal in the third?

Dump, chase, WSH icing.

Rinse and repeat for another 10 minutes or so and we lose.

Washington was clearly playing a defensive system where they clogged up the neutral zone, sat back and took the Rangers' pucks and fired them away after they dumped into the zone.

Does torts adjust or tell his players to try carrying the puck in or anything else? No.

Just more grit, jam, grinding, etc. etc.

It's getting very old, tired and difficult to watch him get outcoached game in and game out. I love torts and what he brings to a team in terms of motivation, but the players may be tuning him out, and frankly im curious to see what we could do with this roster if a coach was brought in who allowed them to open up a little bit more.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Now that I have calmed down a little bit here is what I saw:

1) Richards was awful, again. Cap hit of 6.7 and he is not a difference-maker when he is on the ice. Players like Kovalchuk, Parise, Getzlaf, Staal, etc. are consistently using their skills to be difference makers whether they score or not. If Richards does not score or assist on anything, he is useless.

2) Gaborik no longer goes to any dirty areas of the ice to score goals.

3) Boyle on the 3rd line is a terrible position for him to be in. He is a very good 4th liner. 3rd is too high. Also, Pyatt and Boyle on the same line is a bad idea. Too slow.

4) MDZ is overrated because he is a "puck-mover" and yet he lacks any sort of puck-movement skills. Look at Markov or Diaz or Subban. Those are puck-movers.

5) Miller and Kreider are not ready for consistent NHL duties.

6) The team lacks anyone who can bring energy to the team when they are lacking it. Still lacking a Chris Neil, Brandon Prust, Steve Ott-type of player.

Punxrocknyc19*

Now that I have calmed down a little bit here is what I saw:

1) Richards was awful, again. Cap hit of 6.7 and he is not a difference-maker when he is on the ice. Players like Kovalchuk, Parise, Getzlaf, Staal, etc. are consistently using their skills to be difference makers whether they score or not. If Richards does not score or assist on anything, he is useless.

2) Gaborik no longer goes to any dirty areas of the ice to score goals.

3) Boyle on the 3rd line is a terrible position for him to be in. He is a very good 4th liner. 3rd is too high. Also, Pyatt and Boyle on the same line is a bad idea. Too slow.

4) MDZ is overrated because he is a "puck-mover" and yet he lacks any sort of puck-movement skills. Look at Markov or Diaz or Subban. Those are puck-movers.

5) Miller and Kreider are not ready for consistent NHL duties.

6) The team lacks anyone who can bring energy to the team when they are lacking it. Still lacking a Chris Neil, Brandon Prust, Steve Ott-type of player.

this is why Sather should have traded for Steve Ott instead of signing old vets like Asham :help:

Vickers8

Good- Hags
Bad- the rest of the team except Richards
Ugly- Richards, 4 on 1 for 2nd Hab goal at least Cally tried to get back, Richards came back and took the puck out of the net after the goal

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
PGT Summary:

Brad Richards is a stupid beaver who is paid more a second than you are a week. Buyout!

DelZaster is back. Trade him.

Refs lost us the game!

Torts should be fired because he already won a Cup and screaming doesn't work anymore. Also then they can fire Sullivan and buyout stupid beaver who are his boys.

Staal to Carolina. Stralman will log his minutes.

Gaborik lost his speed, shot and can't dangle. Trade.

Stepan can't skate, forecheck, and his shot is blocked 100% of the time even if he scores. The hairloss commercials are for him.

Gilroy is the best defensemen because he's never on the ice for a GA.

MSG is rigged to explode if any Ranger performs a one-timer.

There was a blizzard of '93 and '95. ****ing Quattro.

Callahan is only good on the PP and he isn't the kind of player that fits in this Ranger team. (WAT?) He should be moved for an offensive winger. He also got all the credit for Dubinsky's amazing play because he is the Golden boy.

JT "giveaways" Miller should go back to the AHL and take that bust Kreider with him.

Boyle is a good player now because he rang one off the post. DelZaster is the new Boyle.

Blame the lockout.

Everyone on the team is Chris Drury 2.0.

Rick Nash is currently recovering from a hangover, lower body amputation, and being dead.

NYRANGERAMI*

Lets get it together Rangers.

I think last night was a bad game but that happens. I still think games like last night build character and prepare you and help the team grow together, for hopefully a run when it really counts. Chicago for instance is hot at the moment, but all teams simmer down. Better to simmer first than get hot later.

Richards needs to step his game up. I always support our players, regardless. As long as he is a Ranger i will root for a speedy turn around in his play. And any player can get hot. Lets give it some time.

The Power Play needs to shoot the puck. They pass pass pass and dont shoot. If you dont shoot you cant score. Just get the puck to the net. If our PP was say 2 for 4 on most nights it wouldnt bother us as much if say last night when the puck rolls out of the zone off Del Zotto's stick.

I like the fact that the Rangers are getting PP's as it shows they are creating and making the other teams struggle to stick with us.

But alas we need to make the teams pay for taking a penalty. Its crucial. Pass pass pass no shot, no goal. Get PP's because we create and dont score still leaves us with zero on the score board.

and finally......

LGR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I remember Dubinsky singly-handily winning games, I don't ever recall Callahan with those types of games.

Wow, just wow.

I guess you haven't watched many games over the past 4 seasons.

Other than Lundqvist Callahan has probably contributed to more w's then anyone on each of those seasons' rosters. Any of the other 29 teams will gladly take Callahan in a heartbeat, Dubinsky? Maybe half that. But no one should have to bring that up.

Listen - it was a bad loss. But this team has gotten points in 8 of the last 11 games. Lets not get totally out of hand with our griping.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Lets get it together Rangers.

I think last night was a bad game but that happens. I still think games like last night build character and prepare you and help the team grow together, for hopefully a run when it really counts. Chicago for instance is hot at the moment, but all teams simmer down. Better to simmer first than get hot later.

Richards needs to step his game up. I always support our players, regardless. As long as he is a Ranger i will root for a speedy turn around in his play. And any player can get hot. Lets give it some time.

The Power Play needs to shoot the puck. They pass pass pass and dont shoot. If you dont shoot you cant score. Just get the puck to the net. If our PP was say 2 for 4 on most nights it wouldnt bother us as much if say last night when the puck rolls out of the zone off Del Zotto's stick.

I like the fact that the Rangers are getting PP's as it shows they are creating and making the other teams struggle to stick with us.

But alas we need to make the teams pay for taking a penalty. Its crucial. Pass pass pass no shot, no goal. Get PP's because we create and dont score still leaves us with zero on the score board.

and finally......

LGR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's more like it.

This team is still trying to find themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad