Post-Game Talk: Canadiens @ Rangers 2/19/13 - Moar Icing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
we let down vs Boston, but we outplayed them as well.

Honestly, I'm not in the "Bruins dominated the Rangers camp", but I'd say possession was like 65-35, if that in the game. Most of the game we didn't allow good chances. Still I don't see how we outplayed them. The Isles in the second game, we outplayed about half the game (a little more).

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Honestly, I'm not in the "Bruins dominated the Rangers camp", but I'd say possession was like 65-35, if that in the game. Most of the game we didn't allow good chances. Still I don't see how we outplayed them. The Isles in the second game, we outplayed about half the game (a little more).

"Bruins dominated the Rangers" camp. Not the Rangers camp being dominated. :laugh:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
No lockout would've meant half a season without Gaborik. Lockout helped us more than it hurt us.

What's killing this team is the lack of depth.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012

well defensively we played a great game that game minus the last 5 minutes, either way, this team has been playing overall pretty damn good lately

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Neither team dominated that Boston game. It was a decent game played by both sides, and the Rangers felt way too safe against a team they REALLY couldn't afford to.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What?? We won 4-1 vs the Islanders, 5-1 vs the Leafs, completely outplayed Boston for the whole game minus 5 minutes in the 3rd period, outplayed the Islanders with the exception of the 2nd period (and probably would have won with Hank in goal), completely dominated the Capitals (despite the score being 2-1) and did alot of good things tonight even without our best player.

That despite this 5 minutes here and despite that period there might not sound like much but it's a big deal. Games are 60 minutes.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Rangers are 6-2-1 in February, lets finish out this month strong. They have 11 games before they go into Pittsburgh March 16th, and the schedule is there to take lots of points.

At Ottawa, at Habs, vs Jets, vs Tampa, vs Buffalo, vs Philly, at Islanders, vs Ottawa, at Caps, at Buffalo, at Jets.

Hopefully Nash is back, don't see a reason why they can't go 8-3 in the next 11.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
No lockout would've meant half a season without Gaborik. Lockout helped us more than it hurt us.

What's killing this team is the lack of depth.

Totally disagree. The schedule we got the first 10 games of the shortened season was criminal. Even worse for a team turning over ~6 key roster players with no camp and no preseason.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Totally disagree. The schedule we got the first 10 games of the shortened season was criminal. Even worse for a team turning over ~6 key roster players with no camp and no preseason.

I do agree with this, our first 10 games were brutal.. something like 3 against Boston, 2 against Pittsburgh, 2 against PHilly and one against NJ or something? insane.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
That despite this 5 minutes here and despite that period there might not sound like much but it's a big deal. Games are 60 minutes.

It's very rare that a team dominates for 60 minutes. Good teams get points when they have off stretches and the Rangers got 3 points in those 2 games.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012

Yes, we need to play a full 60 minutes, but some people are acting on here like the Rangers have just been horrible over their last 6 games and thats simply nowhere near the case. We started off HORRIBLY, but we have picked it up alot.

*Bob Richards*

I do agree with this, our first 10 games were brutal.. something like 3 against Boston, 2 against Pittsburgh, 2 against PHilly and one against NJ or something? insane.

Not to mention that we met Tampa Bay during their insane hotstreak.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's very rare that a team dominates for 60 minutes. Good teams get points when they have off stretches and the Rangers got 3 points in those 2 games.

Good teams also stop off stretches. Blown lead in Boston, a bomb against the Islanders, and another bomb tonight. 3 games out of 4 we **** the bed.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Girardi and McDonagh for starters, two guys who shoot the puck and can make decisions quickly.

With Stralman QBing, as opposed to Richards. Richards and Del Zotto on the point is a disaster.
Girardi is atrocious on the PP. Why he gets any time on it just boggles my mind.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I didn't think we were terrible because Montreal was pretty slow out there as well. The ending was a pathetic joke though. Dumb team with terrible luck, terrible mental make-up, and a lack of killer instinct.

The hate for Richards is rich, but a year too late. If we had been mediocre last season Richards would have already been killed for his play. I 100% guarantee he gets bought out whenever we have that opportunity, and we're ****ing lucky, because this is the worst post-lockout signing we've made.

*Bob Richards*

I didn't think we were terrible because Montreal was pretty slow out there as well. The ending was a pathetic joke though. Dumb team with terrible luck, terrible mental make-up, and a lack of killer instinct.

The hate for Richards is rich, but a year too late. If we had been mediocre last season Richards would have already been killed for his play. I 100% guarantee he gets bought out whenever we have that opportunity, and we're ****ing lucky, because this is the worst post-lockout signing we've made.

Unless Wade Redden returns from the grave, leads the team in points and then helps us to the ECF, Richards is not the worst signing we've made.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012

Richards was outstanding all 2nd half of the season into the playoffs last year, there would have been zero talk of buying him out. Yes he's sucked this year, but not last year

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You guys are really living a pipe dream if you honestly think Torts' buddy gets bought out. Richards goes when Torts goes.

Heyoooo*

You guys are really living a pipe dream if you honestly think Torts' buddy gets bought out. Richards goes when Torts goes.

Which is why we're stuck with the system and Richards slump.

Slats will **** with the team before those two.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
One thing that I don't think gets talked about enough here is how stupid this team can be at times. There's no other way to describe it. Some examples from just this season alone, which I remember off the top of my head are:
1. A few games ago, (Fishsticks maybe??) They're in the D zone, behind the net, battling for the puck, and Pyatt is covering the front of the net. However, his stick broke and he doesn't have one. We win the scrum behind the net, and someone passes the puck right to Pyatt. Well what is he supposed to do? He tried to coral the puck in his skates and kick it out of the zone, but didn't have enough time and got pressured. We got scored on soon after that.
2. Today, on the PK, DZ is in the corner, battling for the puck, Halpern is up top on the same wall, covering the near point man. DZ wins the battle, looks over at Halpern, and I guess they decide that instead of DZ chipping it out, he'll give the puck to Halpern and he'll chip it out himself. Well, don't you know, it works perfectly well until Halpern chips it right to the Montreal point man and we're stuck in our zone again.
3. That 2nd Habs goal was basically a 3-0 in front of the net because literally no one knew what was going on.
4. Gaborik thinks that Nash's moves are contagious and now he can beat defenders one on one by dangling around them.
5. Richards makes passes that peewee kids would be able to intercept.
6. I am 100% sure that we miss the most empty nets in the league. No team can have worse accuracy when there's no goalie in the net, or the goalie is completely on the other side.
7. And who can forget our glorious line changes.

I watch a lot of hockey outside the Rangers, and I don't think that any team can rival our stupidity. Sure other teams have screw ups, but sometimes, I wonder if some of the guys in blue have a brain at all.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
One thing that I don't think gets talked about enough here is how stupid this team can be at times. There's no other way to describe it. Some examples from just this season alone, which I remember off the top of my head are:
1. A few games ago, (Fishsticks maybe??) They're in the D zone, behind the net, battling for the puck, and Pyatt is covering the front of the net. However, his stick broke and he doesn't have one. We win the scrum behind the net, and someone passes the puck right to Pyatt. Well what is he supposed to do? He tried to coral the puck in his skates and kick it out of the zone, but didn't have enough time and got pressured. We got scored on soon after that.
2. Today, on the PK, DZ is in the corner, battling for the puck, Halpern is up top on the same wall, covering the near point man. DZ wins the battle, looks over at Halpern, and I guess they decide that instead of DZ chipping it out, he'll give the puck to Halpern and he'll chip it out himself. Well, don't you know, it works perfectly well until Halpern chips it right to the Montreal point man and we're stuck in our zone again.
3. That 2nd Habs goal was basically a 3-0 in front of the net because literally no one knew what was going on.
4. Gaborik thinks that Nash's moves are contagious and now he can beat defenders one on one by dangling around them.
5. Richards makes passes that peewee kids would be able to intercept.
6. I am 100% sure that we miss the most empty nets in the league. No team can have worse accuracy when there's no goalie in the net, or the goalie is completely on the other side.
7. And who can forget our glorious line changes.

I watch a lot of hockey outside the Rangers, and I don't think that any team can rival our stupidity. Sure other teams have screw ups, but sometimes, I wonder if some of the guys in blue have a brain at all.

Well this might fall into #7, but add to that the dumbest one yet. On the winning goal tonight, after the Staal turnover the Habs come down 2 on 1 on Stralman, Callahan catches up, and so does another Hab making it 3 on 2 in our zone. The Habs got quite a few whacks at it 3 on 2 before scoring.

Now why is that? Where were the other 3 Rangers? They went off for a line change. Yes, a line change on an odd man rush. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad