Rumor: Canadiens not getting fair offers for Max Pacioretty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
canes didn't get fair offers for Skinner. Maybe MTL will be smart and just keep him instead of getting random stuff for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
bfd canes didn't get fair offers for Skinner. Maybe MTL will be smart and just keep him instead of getting random stuff for him.
I don't think that's smart. It's going to be a zoo with the media all over him if he plays with them this year. Better just to get rid of the distraction.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I don't think that's smart. It's going to be a zoo with the media all over him if he plays with them this year. Better just to get rid of the distraction.

oh thats right you guys have a really annoying media. We have like one incredibly pendantic guy that writes about the Canes but there are precisely zero shits given about what he says.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yes it would be, it would be the same for any player on any team.

I call BS on this. Subban is a prime example. Galchenyuk will be the next. If Patch ends up on a team as the #3 or #4 forward, he will produce like Kessel. Price has one bad year and he all of a sudden has negative value. Habs players are devalued all the time. Look at the Gallagher thread.

Not everybody does it and I respect those fans who steer clear from the trolling but there are a lot of non Habs fans out there who devalue everything about the Habs.

The latest attempts is the Skinner trade justification. Skinner has a NMC people and limited things greatly. Habs are being patient with Patch cause we can. What will he return? It's anybodies guess but a proven 30 goal scorer on a great cap hit should get a solid return.

Reactions: Chr1s97

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
The value of Patch will get better if he perform at the first half of the season... 15 goals in first half and the offers will get much higher. Patch is not a gamble, give him a center or a playmaker and he will get a lots of goals.

If he performs well, yes, I think his value should raise. Though, I am not making the decision on what Pacioretty is worth, it's other GMs, and what they offer will be his worth to them.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
I call BS on this. Subban is a prime example. Galchenyuk will be the next. If Patch ends up on a team as the #3 or #4 forward, he will produce like Kessel. Price has one bad year and he all of a sudden has negative value. Habs players are devalued all the time. Look at the Gallagher thread.

Not everybody does it and I respect those fans who steer clear from the trolling but there are a lot of non Habs fans out there who devalue everything about the Habs.

The latest attempts is the Skinner trade justification. Skinner has a NMC people and limited things greatly. Habs are being patient with Patch cause we can. What will he return? It's anybodies guess but a proven 30 goal scorer on a great cap hit should get a solid return.

This is not trolling nor about the Habs. It is only about the player Pacioretty.

What the other GMs offer for him is what his worth is to other GMs. That should not be hard to understand.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This is not trolling nor about the Habs. It is only about the player Pacioretty.

What the other GMs offer for him is what his worth is to other GMs. That should not be hard to understand.

You don't know what the GM's offered Bergevin and what Bergevin is asking in his high asking price. Were talking about a proven 30 NHL goal scorer on a great AAV for one year and he is still many years away from 35.

So with your logic, Sakic should of sold low in the 2017 off season cause the other GM's interested at that time were offering whatever they wanted for Duchene? Sakic was stupid for waiting eh?

What do you think Patch gets in the 2018 NHL deadline? Worse than what he gets today? Possible but not likely. I'm willing to bet on probability. Once the draft passed and deals with the Kings and Islanders fell through, trading Patch during UFA season or after (like Skinner), is not the smart time.

In any trade with a player nearing UFA, circumstance plays a huge factor.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Makes sense (no it doesn't)
Yes it does. Here's a detailed breakdown of why and how:

it will happen next summer when max walks for nothing,
Bergevin let Markov and Radulov walk for nothing.

MB is that stubborn and stupid,
That's been proven countless times over. Remember PK's bridge contract fiasco? Galchenyuk not a center? Drouin IS a center? Then Drouin is NOT a center but he's the best we've got? (You know Galchenyuk didn't exist in Bergevin's world at that point. he was dead to him.)

he would rather have max walk then be embarrassed for trading him for next to nothing, this way he can put the blame on max and not himself,
He blamed Markov saying he couldn't communicate with him and it was his fault for not having an agent.

He blamed Radulov saying he offered him the same contract as the Stars before the Stars did but he wanted more. And Radulov came out saying he only matched what the Stars offered after they did not before.

So yeah, makes perfect sense.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015

Yes, this is the results of over exposure. If Pacioretty would be playing in a city with fewer journalists/media attention, I'm pretty sure his perceived value on HF would be much greater. Most of the negatives about him are really overblown...

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
The Canadiens have handled this situation as poorly as could be imagined. Unbelievable.

We'll have to wait and see how it ends.... every single posters (including myself) were saying the same about the Duchene situation in Colorado last year...

JohnKordicsGhost

Jul 1, 2013
If max wants to be a pain in the ass and refuse to sign places and makes himself hard to trade i hope he does start the year in montreal. Acts like a whiney baby has a terrible year and screwes himself over in his contract year. IMO his cancerous attitude is what cost us subban. I cant f***ing wait till hes kicked to the curb.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Yes, this is the results of over exposure. If Pacioretty would be playing in a city with fewer journalists/media attention, I'm pretty sure his perceived value on HF would be much greater. Most of the negatives about him are really overblown...
Fortunately, I believe most GMs could care less about the media and what certain bloggers think.
Most GMs have their opinions of players, how good they are, where they fit, salary structure and what they would be willing to give up to obtain these players.
Sure there are GMs who make questionable trades which then gets all the reporters/posters saying this is the new norm.

Reactions: jfhabs

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
This is just the french media spinning their typically toxic tires to fling dirt and create drama. The purpose here is to rile up fans and the players don't pay any attention to it.

The organization needs to be completely overhauled to eliminate this kind of leak/drama. In fact, it shouldn't have even leaked at all that Bergevin was unwilling even to negotiate with Pacioretty. It's not just the French media that says the relationship between the organization and the player is strained.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The organization needs to be completely overhauled to eliminate this kind of leak/drama. In fact, it shouldn't have even leaked at all that Bergevin was unwilling even to negotiate with Pacioretty. It's not just the French media that says the relationship between the organization and the player is strained.

Weird. You using a reported leak from the media as factual information against the management? I think Bergevin has a big mouth and says things he shouldn't but I don't think things will change in Montreal. It's hero or zero mentality. When there is a bad season, everything gets thrown under the bus by a lot of fans and the media.

Do you know for sure that Bergevin has told Patch he will not re-sign him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad