Rumor: Canadiens not getting fair offers for Max Pacioretty

Status
Not open for further replies.

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
Where are coming up with this horse**** "with your logic ... blah,blah,blah". I never said anything of the kind so please stop lying and making things up.

What I am saying is "What the other GMs offer for Pacioretty is what the Habs will get". If it's less now, more later, so be it, but it will still always be what the other GMs offer. Pacioretty's trade value is in their hands, not HF board posters, nor even the Habs. That should not be hard to understand even for you.
what is even the point of this post lol of course its up to the GM's. no one actually thinks these trades will go through lmao, thanks for the most obvious post of 2018 chief

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
So then its erroneous on all counts that he is "making himself hard to trade"
Not if the team that wants to trade for him wants to negotiate an extension prior to the trade. If he insists on a 8x8 contract for example, he'll be making it more difficult to trade him.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
While i’d like to agree, they haven’t made anything public personnaly besides rumors.

But now theres rumor that bergevin, Molson, Julien won’t be attending his annual golf tournament, wich they always did. Thats realy odd even if you are trying to trade him, i get thos organization right now, it’s hella unprofessional, trying be play hard ball, its useless and makes a bad image.
Yeah...about that "rumor"....

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
what is even the point of this post lol of course its up to the GM's. no one actually thinks these trades will go through lmao, thanks for the most obvious post of 2018 chief

Where were you when I needed you? To you it's obvious ... to me it's obvious ... but, believe it or not, it was/is not obvious to some posters.

I added a one line comment to a previous post "Pacioretty's worth is what the GMs will pay for him." ... and as hard as it is to believe, it was rebutted three times.

This was my final response in trying to pound the clearly obvious into a cement head. That was it, after that, I was giving up.

Reactions: strongcomp05

JohnKordicsGhost

Jul 1, 2013
Was Pacioretty not a big part of running Subban out of town?
This is what is making me the most angry about this stupid thing. why the hell did we keep max over subban if everyone knew max was the problem?Screw teammate ettiquette, whos the saboteur in this story

better yet, how did we manage to have both our superstars blow up our team and both leave and our GM is still in charge of this shit show. I mean come the f*** on already molson. You stooge

RickP

Mar 14, 2017

I don't think Pacioretty had anything to do with Subban being traded. Not directly at least.

I just think Bergevin thought he was improving his team with Weber and he got rid of the "distraction" that Subban was. That is absolutely not my point of view by the way, I'm just saying that's probably what Bergevin thought. That mentality is what ultimately ruined the Habs IMO.

Of course we don't know what happened behind the scenes, we can only speculate.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri

meh in my opinion Subban never made it into Therrien and Bergevin's 'cool club'

they then organized some of their favourite players in the locker room to be against Subban

cue to Therrien being fired 6 months later lols and now Weber has already missed his first full year of hockey as a Hab

I am I

Feb 18, 2010
Agreed, Max needs to leave before the traning camp, otherwise they'll have attidute issues hehe.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. This is the time of year the GMs are pretty much looking at their roster and saying "let's see how this goes. I think we're good. That kid might just be the winger we need!"
Especially teams viewing themselves as contenders, which is the sort of team looking at a 1 season player.

Reactions: malcb33

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
A broken down player pushing 40 with a bad attitude that helped push Subban out of town. No wonder there aren't any fair offers being tossed around :sarcasm:
don't forget playoff apparition, you can't put a value on a guy who consistently disappears when the chips are down.

if we are not getting " fair" offers, it might be due to differences in how we evaluate max as an asset, and how everyone else does.

I thought there would be no way he suits up for the habs again. I expect to be proven wrong. He's gonna start the season as a hab and might END the season as a hab.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Bergevin and Therrien never liked Subban. Ever. He didnt fit their mold, which is why he was traded.

It was clear that Max and a few others didnt really like Subban, but to say Max was the reason he was traded is just wrong. Max probably didnt lose any sleep over Subban being traded, but I don't think the rumours ever said that he was mainly responsible for the trade.

Reactions: nyhabsfan

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
don't forget playoff apparition, you can't put a value on a guy who consistently disappears when the chips are down.

if we are not getting " fair" offers, it might be due to differences in how we evaluate max as an asset, and how everyone else does.

I thought there would be no way he suits up for the habs again. I expect to be proven wrong. He's gonna start the season as a hab and might END the season as a hab.

agree 100%

i think he is here till at least deadline.....MB is playing hardball, and we all know how well he does at that game :sarcasm:

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
From Luc Robitaille LA kings president.

«Ça n’a jamais été aussi loin (les discussions avec le CH). On était intéressés à Max. Marc sait qu’il a un très bon joueur. Nous étions plus intéressés à l’obtenir que Marc de s’en départir» - Luc Robitaille au sujet de l'échange avorté en juin dernier.

Traduction: the discussion never realy went far with Montreal, we were interested in Max. Marc knows he's a realy good player, we were more interrested in acquiring Pacioretty than Bergevin to get rid of him.

So basicly theres interest in the league, Bergevin is probably playing Hard ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->