Post-Game Talk: Canadiens lose 3-0 to Leafs

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Didn't watch either game, but when we were 4-0 no one got their hopes up because it was preseason. Which makes total sense.

Are some of you really down in the dumps after 2 pre season losses?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Didn't watch either game, but when we were 4-0 no one got their hopes up because it was preseason. Which makes total sense.

I mean , if you could have seen just how bad the team played though. No flow , bad passes , awful shot selection. The team’s apparent top players were awful , besides Gallagher and Weber was decent too.

You don’t just magically turn it on for game one. They better start icing a roster out there and dumping the dead weight , this is just ugly to watch. We all know Reilly, and a host of others can’t hang in the NHL, they just have to stop playing them.

Mete sucked again tonight too, he really isn’t bringing much thus far.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

To be fair the closer you get to season the more its closer to real NHL roster and not splits.

The habs won't get shut out all season but making playoffs will be a grind.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
To be fair the closer you get to season the more its closer to real NHL roster and not splits.

The habs won't get shut out all season but making playoffs will be a grind.

Which made the lines set up really weird.
I didnt watch so dont know if they stuck with them but the lines announced before the game were just weird..KK with Cousins/Weal?
Hudon with Drouin?..
What the f*** is the point...I mean for real. Are they really expecting those lines to work?

Not surprised to hear the team looked like crap, that was predictable just looking at the lines made.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I haven’t been a fan but Hudon looked good tonight. Suzuki did a lot of good things. Danault was solid.

Kk looked frustrated with his linemates.

Drouin was less invisible today but he needs to be better than that.

Alzner May stay on this team. He looks better than last year.

The rest were invisible.

I think we MB and CJ need to have more than serviceable NHLers like Hudon, Cousins, Weal, Peca, Thompson, on the team and consider bringing up whoever he can that has more talent. I don’t think you can send Poehling down when he heals up.
And I think we need to put in a package for Laine
Agree on Drouin, he tried a bit harder but the line composition was also pretty bad since you have 3 skilled players with size and strength issue, none of them looked good tonight... Suzuki has ok speed and strength, but would nenefit from playing with stronger players...

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

The preseason record is of course meaningless...

The inability to score a goal in 2 straight preseason games is a pretty concerning bellwether, as is the poor play of a few players that should be flying out there.

Also, in fairness, the majority of the board was pretty skeptical of the roster heading into pre-season, so perhaps the seemingly negative tone is just a reflection of the underlying disenchantment with our poorly assembled roster...

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Which made the lines set up really weird.
I didnt watch so dont know if they stuck with them but the lines announced before the game were just weird..KK with Cousins/Weal?
Hudon with Drouin?..
What the **** is the point...I mean for real. Are they really expecting those lines to work?

Not surprised to hear the team looked like crap, that was predictable just looking at the lines made.

I assume they are trying various combinations even though they'll return to the obvious Tatar-Danault-Gallagher combination IMO.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
I didn't go through the whole thread but were any more cuts announced postgame?

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I was entertained by it, actually. :sarcasm:

Yeah, when Bergevin's time comes, this site is going to crash. We've got people waiting for the longest time.

Put me on the VIP list please. I’ve got a bottle of Captain Morgan, private stock, just waiting for that glorious day. I’m taking the next day off work, and I’m going to drink myself into a pleasant oblivion, watching this clip every hour.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I assume they are trying various combinations even though they'll return to the obvious Tatar-Danault-Gallagher combination IMO.
Ya I'm just trying to figure out the point here.
Did they really think Hudon-Suz-Drouin and Kk with 2 grinders is going to be just oh-so-awesome to keep around to start the year?
Is the objective to put a AHL bound/Grinder type of player on every damn line?
Hows KK with Cousins-Weal tried before I dont know...maybe Tatar-KK-Suzuki?...

Just what the hell is the rationale behind those lines. They seem completely and utterly random, with no future considerations.
If you put sticks in the middle and let one guy pick randomly pick them as we do.playing pick up games, you'd likely have better lines made.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
The pre-season is too long....some us are starting to take these games seriously.

You do realize we’ve sucked the last few pre seasons and that it’s carried over to the regular season as well...

We aren’t a very good team and continue to not be a very good team. Bergevin being so awful, he’s actually failing his way into success down the road because of all the high picks from his terrible moves. Year 8 of the rebuild, Derniere pour Lafreniere commence maintenant!

Reactions: Vodka_Tonic

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke

In some ways you are right, however keep in mind that cuts happened everywhere since then, and the closer we get from opening games rosters are more competitves with more NHL players. So I would say that results near the end of camp are likely more significant than at the beginning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad