Post-Game Talk: Canadiens lose 3-0 to Leafs

Mia

Oct 1, 2015
Montréal
Not a fan of the newcomers that are expected to play for the habs in
cousins and chiarot. Kinkaid has been good so far thought.
Hopefully the other two step their game when the season games start

Our top rookies really impressed me so far. Susuki really showed he has not only the talent and hockey sense to play in this league but also the character. The way he reacted after getting hit by matthews and the way he played throwing hits after that happened really impressed me. Doesnt get intimidate by nhl superstars like most rookies would

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
It's all about development. And just before we realize that we are not helping him, mightg as well give him to Bouchard and make him an overall better player. I don't think that will hurt him. And it's not like we are going to be great anyway.

Suzuki beat KK out of a center spot. And KK beat no one else. He needs to go down and regain some sort of form.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If you are paying attention you'd understand my post. Nobody gives a **** about the end result but the process has been ****E.
You literally said "So what will our excuse be if we lay another one against the Sens?".

Also wouldn't it be better to have prospects looking great while vets are still rusty? If anything, this preseason showed how close Suzuki, Fleury, Evans and Poehling are when many here were 99% positive that they would all start in the AHL.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
fCISWj4.gif

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Year 3 of Drouin and it appears he still doesnt have chemistry with a single player. They are potentially moving him all round the lineup at the expense of others
I hated the trade from day one. It made zero sense then and it makes less sense now.

I know he ended up coming off totally hypocritical preaching character all the time - but I have no idea how you preach it and then acquire a guy who bitched and moaned about being demoted, refused to report and was then suspended by Tampa. What a pro, that guy.

I’m done with Drouin. I’ve been done. He’s shown zero more often than not and is a black hole of chemistry.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Yress une chose, cest du talent de la ligne national

We lack elite talent but,but,but...Byron,Danault,Kulak! We are a bargain built team , lots of value but nothing that's truly a threat on a everyday basis...

We won't be at the complete bottom but I don't expect this team to do very well this season. Which is for the best as we need to keep drafting top end talent to add to our current pool of young players. Would be dumb to attempt to rush things because of Price/Weber.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You literally said "So what will our excuse be if we lay another one against the Sens?".

Also wouldn't it be better to have prospects looking great while vets are still rusty? If anything, this preseason showed how close Suzuki, Fleury, Evans and Poehling are when many here were 99% positive that they would all start in the AHL.

Right laying an egg in terms of next to zero execution.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I hated the trade from day one. It made zero sense then and it makes less sense now.

I know he ended up coming off totally hypocritical preaching character all the time - but I have no idea how you preach it and then acquire a guy who *****ed and moaned about being demoted, refused to report and was then suspended by Tampa. What a pro, that guy.

I’m done with Drouin. I’ve been done. He’s shown zero more often than not and is a black hole of chemistry.
1 goal 5 assists in his last 26 games last season during an intense playoff race.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
1 goal 5 assists in his last 26 games last season during an intense playoff race.
Sounds about right. The guy has no heart and cares more for the name on the back.

We should have traded him in the summer when we may have gotten a better return because a team would chalk it up to him needing a “change of scenery.” His value is just going to tank the more time he spends on our team through the season.

Reactions: Oryxo

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Lol I could just imagine this place if the roles were reversed and the vets looked great while the prospects didn't. "LOL missed the playoffs 3 times in the last 4 years and we still have NO good prospects. Players are looking good now, but I can't wait for this team to run out of energy because they always do later on in the season!"

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
caught the game on new RDS show d'un autre angle ("another angle"). Thought it was better than a regular broadcast. Guy Boucher explaining a lot on positioning esp PP one. Would take him behind the bnech instead of Muller.

Julien being ask if he's confident with his D-squad. Won't answer yet. He must be waiting for a trade because he should say yes obviously...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad