Status
Not open for further replies.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I still have this feeling that we won't like Julien very much too

What kind of game does he prone?

I hope not like MT'S. No grinding or tight defensive game please

Defensive yeah, but the coach have a clue this time around, you won't see the same unstructured garbage night in night out.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Dale Weise and David Desharnais will have similar tweets in time.

This is too funny!!

About Molson...it's always about the money guys don't be naive!! MT was running this team to the ground again and a single playoffs series will cover for those salaries and even more.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I'm excited to see what changes Julien will bring
New system?
New lines?
Does Chucky get more ice time?
Does Dagnault gets fired?

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I loved Prust for (most of) his time here, but Therrien probably gave him way too much ice time. It's no wonder Prust is such a fan.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I do honestly think Julien is a better coach and has that extra gear in him that Therrien will never have. But just seeing his uggly face for years and him hatting us so much these past years makes it so weird. We shall see how the guys respond.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I could not stand Jacques Martin, so was thrilled when he was let go. Was ambivalent about MT but when I saw how he coached in the lock out year I was a big supporter of his. Finally the team was let off the leash and was playing an up tempo, aggressive, exciting brand of hockey. He played the young guys , mistakes and all. I liked that coach. The problem back then was Price had not yet become Price.

Then MT turned into MT.

So now MT is gone. Whether you did not like him or were good with him the fact is the team was yet again in a long tailspin with no signs of pulling out of it. The only logical move is to terminate the coach. Had to be done , but most of us doubted it would be done.

I am not jumping up and down though, despite having wanted MT gone since before last season. Glad he is gone for sure. Open mind with Julien.

That MB and team leaders meeting must have put some of the final nails in.

MB surprises yet again. Have to say that MB has done some pretty hard and significant things over the last 8 months. Think this will help him be a better GM. Probably will be faster to act from now on.

MB should not share fox holes except with his wife, he needs to be objective and have a level of emotional detachment.

Figure the assistants will be assessed by Julien and changes will be made as called for, as soon as this season. MB does not have time to fool around anymore and will demand Julien make the calls when he has a grasp of things.

Onward ho.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
"Three of the past eight Stanley Cup champions changed coaches midseason. The Pittsburgh Penguins replaced Therrien with Dan Bylsma in 2008-09. The Los Angeles Kings replaced Terry Murray with Darryl Sutter in 2011-12. The Penguins replaced Mike Johnston with Mike Sullivan last season."

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'm excited to see what changes Julien will bring
New system?
New lines?
Does Chucky get more ice time?
Does Dagnault gets fired?
I hope Julien is good for Galchenyuk. That's the one thing that I think he could really make a positive difference with. Chuck will never be Carbonneau but I hope that his game improves under Claude.

Jul 6, 2016
Defensive yeah, but the coach have a clue this time around, you won't see the same unstructured garbage night in night out.

Julien will find very soon that he doesn't have the horses to play his style of game.

He will cry when he sees Galchenyuk losing faceoffs after having seen a master, Patrice Bergeron, dominating since so many years.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Julien is exactly the right fit to replace Therrien. He is the complete opposite. Whereas Therrien knew how to push players to give their best, he wasn't a great hockey mind. Julien is more experienced, solid technically, system oriented and has won a cup. Therrien took the team from A to B and never could take it to C. I feel like Julien is the guy to do that. I hope so anyway.

It seemed obvious the team had completely quit on Therrien anyway.

At any rate, this is the first time that there is a really good candidate available. The only other time I felt like we could have done something was when Babcock was available but the timing wasn't that great.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I loved Prust for (most of) his time here, but Therrien probably gave him way too much ice time. It's no wonder Prust is such a fan.

But when he gave him tons of ice time, it worked! Prust was at a time an effective second liner, esp. when he played with Chucky.

Then his body broke down and was an effective fourth liner for a time with Weise and Moen. But it's like these guys could not take being relegated to a fourth line after tasting second line minutes.

Anyway really, Prust at the end was too broken down.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Therrien, is the only Habs coach, I have never liked...never. Brutal coach, and finally we are free from him!!
They could have replaced him with anyone, seriously, anyone and it would have made my day!!
If I remember correctly, I was not happy when CJ got let go in 06, was it a lost dressing room that did him in also?? Any of you guys remember?

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I'm pretty sure Max has a lot of rispek for him... His game evolved a ton under Therrien.

The same Max that had 33 goals and 65 pts the year before Therrien was hired?

The same Max who was "the worst captain is Canadiens history" according to said coach?

His two way game has undeniably gotten better, but how much of that is attributable to Therrien's tutoring versus natural player development and or other members of the coaching staff/player development team is ambiguous to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad