Confirmed with Link: Canadiens fire Therrien, hire Claude Julien

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
So Molson really, really wanted Therrien gone.:laugh:

Ya, but I thought Molson didn't care about the team, it was all about making $$$$$$$

Funny that habs now on the kook for Julien's salary and Therrien's....clearly actions of an owner who doesn't care about the fans and only cares about making money.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yes. The habs have stunk before. Therrien deserved to be fired before.

But:

* getting shut out in 3 of last 5 games.
* last one a slaughter by the Bruins.
* they did it with a rookie coach because Julien just got fired.
* Islanders and Blues turning it around by changing coaches.
* Right at the 5 day break.

Perfect storm.

All good points. Except Cassidy isn't a rookie coach. He's already coached the Capitals and Blackhawks before.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Ya, but I thought Molson didn't care about the team, it was all about making $$$$$$$

Funny that habs now on the kook for Julien's salary and Therrien's....clearly actions of an owner who doesn't care about the fans and only cares about making money.

Money talks and bs walks. You can't tarnish this day for me jaffy my friend. Cheers.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing

Clearly

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I'm so giddy right-now, I was done with this **** team since two days ago and now I'm a returning fan.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I will admit I am stunned and surprised. Too bad for MT as I never want to wish bad on anyone, but this is the right move for the club. Whether this pays off or not, the team needed a shakeup.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I still have this feeling that we won't like Julien very much too

What kind of game does he prone?

I hope not like MT'S. No grinding or tight defensive game please

Jul 6, 2016
So basically, MB just fired a coach who was not winning anymore in Montreal, by one who was not winning anymore and missed the Playoffs twice in the last two years in Boston.....

At least the former one had his team sitting at the top of its division.

TheViperOne

Jul 26, 2005
So basically, MB just fired a coach who was not winning anymore in Montreal, by one who was not winning anymore and missed the Playoffs twice in the last two years in Boston.....

At least the former one had his team sitting at the top of its division.

Carey Price did not get fired.

Habidelidoo

Aug 3, 2005

Missing the playoffs to save a coach salary would not be wise either. Each local playoff game pays 2 years of MT's salary.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I just realized this is the second time Therrien's been fired on Valentine's Day. Lol

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
It's a bittersweet moment, eh? Sigh. I'm sure that many others feel the same way. This should have happened last season. The team would have been in better shape for it. I want Bergevin fired next.

I wonder how many people feel like this right now.

Bergevin made a good move that is unanimously praised, but it doesn't affect how lots of people feel about his job with the Habs. Makes you wonder how many people want personnel fired due to their actual performance, or if their mind was made up long ago and they refuse to change it. Why do you want him fired? Because he didn't fire Therrien last year?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Money talks and bs walks. You can't tarnish this day for me jaffy my friend. Cheers.

So Molson is in it for the fans too then, he's not a Scrooge trying to milk every single last one of our dollars. It's okay again to drink Molson Products.....good.

Love the move today, we are already a better team!

Aren't you suppose to be drunk by now :cheers:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Steve-Dance-Celebration-Gif-On-Blues-Clues.gif

See even our Prime Minister is Happy with the change!

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
of course 4th line grinders loves him, he makes them play on the 1st line from time to time ..

curious how the skilled guys never came out to said that about him

I'm pretty sure Max has a lot of rispek for him... His game evolved a ton under Therrien.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad