@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
IatWwEH.gif

HYtgg2y.gif

Not so bad, this Valentine's Day!

For those asking, RDS showed this tweet on air

Thanks Hullois! I didn't know which one it was.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

"There was a time when where there was one coach behind the bench and he would coach his team one-way and everybody has to adapt..."

That sounds like what Therrien was doing.

"You have to allowed players to use their speed and use their skills and be creative"

Galchenyuk cried when he saw that video

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
lol TSN 690 Nilan joking around hes upset that MB interrupted his VDay plans and Amanda Stein cancelled a first date .

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Excited to see how the defense will play under Julien, especially with Price in goal.

That's what I'm looking forward to seeing too. We all know Julien plays with more structure than Therrien, and hopefully that reflects in the defensive end. The play there, along with Price's performance, has been abysmal as of late.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Just noticed that aside from Therrien , all the other coaches since 2000 had a lifespan of 3 years. 2 in Martin case and half a season for Cunneyworth

Vigneault 1997-2000
Therrien 2000-2003
Julien 2003-2006
Carbonneau 2006-2009
Martin 2009-2011

Therrien 2012-2017 (5 years)

Not sure if that's the norm in the NHL but just posting it for the fun of it

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Michel Bergeron was on the pre-game show of Vancouver vs. Pittsburgh game on TVA Sports. He was with Therrien earlier today. They both went to visit Jacques Demers at the center he is staying. Bergeron said that they spoke about a lot of things including the rumors of his firing. He said that Therrien was very comfortable in his own skin and didn't seem phased. He was in good spirits.

When they were leaving after the visit, they were with Jacques brother when MT got a phone call. He stepped away from the other two. When he came back, he was less talkative in the car and was more in his own little world.

Bergeron says that when he got the call, he believes it was Bergevin calling to meet with Therrien to give him the news. Bergeron didn't confirm it was Bergevin who called. But knowing that he got fired, he came to the logical conclusion that it was the GM calling and that Therrien knew what was coming.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Michel Bergeron was on the pre-game show of Vancouver vs. Pittsburgh game on TVA Sports. He was with Therrien earlier today. They both went to visit Jacques Demers at the center he is staying. Bergeron said that they spoke about a lot of things including the rumors of his firing. He said that Therrien was very comfortable in his own skin and didn't seem phased. He was in good spirits.

When they were leaving after the visit, they were with Jacques brother when MT got a phone call. He stepped away from the other two. When he came back, he was less talkative in the car and was more in his own little world.

Bergeron says that when he got the call, he believes it was Bergevin calling to meet with Therrien to give him the news. Bergeron didn't confirm it was Bergevin who called. But knowing that he got fired, he came to the logical conclusion that it was the GM calling and that Therrien knew what was coming.

ouch thats rough

but he must have had some real signals from Bergevin behind the scenes they must have had a blow up in private over da record

RedFlamingo

Oct 10, 2014
Montreal
Price is the biggest reason therrien is gone. You saw the looks price would give him on ice. Obviously the reason price stopped playing for him.

Price is the god of this city, he gets what he wants and everyone moves out of the way, and if you dont, youre gone. thats just the way it is.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Oh look they replaced Michel Therrien with Michel Therrien

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Spinning wheels, stability in mediocrity.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri

I disagree firing Therrien is a big step forward , and we now have 2 people with our org who have rings also. Hopefully Shaw gets it together I was perfectly happy with Eller tho him being gone will hurt us this postseason

I don't see Julien as mediocre while Therrien IS mediocre

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I'm not sad to see Therrien go but I so hot on Julien either and the timming for me is off and kind wierd that after 10 years in Boston and having just getting fired he take over in Mtl... Is he is the right place to take on the massive challenge of turning thing around in Mtl? Also if he wasn't french I wonder if he get the job...

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013

COme on now mate. You probably hated DD and Therrien for more than a decade.

Julien won a cup, Therrien hasn't won a damn thing in this league for a good reason

Julien is a better coach

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Seriously. WTK? Must say I like your posts , but do you really think Therrien and Julien are clones?

Thats like comparing Bergeron to Plekanec. Both are two way players ....but one is elite the other is a hack.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Wow seriously? Who would you have wanted? Please tell me. 'Cause to say Therrien is Julien is just so far from teh truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA