Canadian Soccer Part III

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How close is Tyler Pasher to making the Canadian National Team?

That guy is really fast and dribbles well enough. Not the best finisher, but when you are as fast as he is, you’ll get so many scoring chances.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
How close is Tyler Pasher to making the Canadian National Team?

That guy is really fast and dribbles well enough. Not the best finisher, but when you are as fast as he is, you’ll get so many scoring chances.
I think his ship has sailed with the national team unfortunately. He's already 26 and has not been in the mix since he was 21. We also have more quality up front than we ever have and there are some youth players that I would want in the team before Pasher. Was definitely rooting for him in the early going, he's from a small town in my area; but I don't think he is in Herdman's plans.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
If Canada makes it through the 3rd round, they'll face Honduras. David Suazo who was on of the hosts, looked fit enough to still run 100 m under 11 seconds.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
If Canada makes it through the 3rd round, they'll face Honduras. David Suazo who was on of the hosts, looked fit enough to still run 100 m under 11 seconds.
Hopefully by then travel will be a little easier and more of the boys abroad can come.

Regardless, I'm excited for the possibility of 20 Canada games over the next year and a bit. Just don't let us down this time boys!

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think his ship has sailed with the national team unfortunately. He's already 26 and has not been in the mix since he was 21. We also have more quality up front than we ever have and there are some youth players that I would want in the team before Pasher. Was definitely rooting for him in the early going, he's from a small town in my area; but I don't think he is in Herdman's plans.

That makes sense. Canada has a lot of attacking depth. Pasher is leading USL in goals. I think he has 8 or 9 goals already. I suspect he'll be playing in a better league next season. I wouldn't rule him out though. The way he plays, I feel like his speed will be able to create chances at higher levels.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
That makes sense. Canada has a lot of attacking depth. Pasher is leading USL in goals. I think he has 8 or 9 goals already. I suspect he'll be playing in a better league next season. I wouldn't rule him out though. The way he plays, I feel like his speed will be able to create chances at higher levels.
Oh wow didn't realize he was producing at that rate. The one thing he has going for himself is he is in good form and already in North America. There has been talk that not all of our European players will be able to report with the 20/21 season coming so rapidly and with current Canadian travel restrictions.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
35972FEB-478D-46FE-A6ED-F50DD508C221.jpeg

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
CPL Update:
Forge FC top of the table with 11.
Cavalry with back to back losses.
FCED first team eliminated.

Everyone other ED are still very much fighting for a top 4 and a place in the second round!

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
CPL Update:
Forge FC top of the table with 11.
Cavalry with back to back losses.
FCED first team eliminated.

Everyone other ED are still very much fighting for a top 4 and a place in the second round!
I don't think we've even clinched a spot in the next round with a single match left which is nuts. Also I still can't understand how the Eddies are a CPL punching bag despite having a near decade head start on the rest of the league.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't think we've even clinched a spot in the next round with a single match left which is nuts. Also I still can't understand how the Eddies are a CPL punching bag despite having a near decade head start on the rest of the league.
It's wild that there is a chance one of us or Cavalry miss out on top 4. It's not likely but with the way the games have gone thus far it's well in the realm of possibilities.

Might be time for a new voice with the Eddies. Paulus has been there for a long time!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Second round started this afternooon, the seating is:
1) Cavalry
2) Wanderers
3) Forge
4) Pacific

Forge are currently down 1-0 to Wanderers in the first game of the second round.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad