Canadian Soccer Part III

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yes, I've already signed up for The Collective!
Same.

I'm a little torn on the program as a whole. I'm happy to support the CPL and I get they needed to monetize something, I just don't know how I feel about a league wide 'supporter group'. I wish each group was a little more team oriented and not league oriented.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
All games on turf? Lots of injuries to expect. And why is Nigel Reed still doing games, the guy is beyond boring. Apart from that I'm looking forward to watch some action.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Sabak looks like he is going to be a real problem in this league. Sad we don't get to enjoy him over a full season.

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Both games played so far were super entertaining, hoping for more of that as the tournament goes on. Glad to to see how many people are tuning in for the games.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Both games played so far were super entertaining, hoping for more of that as the tournament goes on. Glad to to see how many people are tuning in for the games.
Games have been great. Pacific v Halifax is another fun one right now.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

Few days ago and I believe this is the highest transfer fee ever for a Canadian.

Lille finished 4th in Ligue 1 last season.

Reactions: Blender

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I know it's a new league and big step up, but I have extremely high expectations. 15-20 goals and 5-10 assists for sure.

Reactions: Tuggy

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Starting in Europa League Group Stage as well should mean more competitive games on a bigger stage. Very good move for him I think.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
And the plan is probably that in 2-3 years he will be sold to a "bigger" club if no injury. Now if only we could have a couple of other players breaking through.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
And the plan is probably that in 2-3 years he will be sold to a "bigger" club if no injury. Now if only we could have a couple of other players breaking through.
There is more promising stuff in the pipeline than ever before. Just got to hope players around David and Davies can get to a better level than they have been before. Would be unfortunate if the supporting cast fails these two over their National Team career. I personally don't think it will happen, this program made some solid step forwards in the past couple years.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Yes and No. The losing mentality is still there. At the end of the day last year's Gold Cup was a failure and the trashing against USA was another big failure.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yes and No. The losing mentality is still there. At the end of the day last year's Gold Cup was a failure and the trashing against USA was another big failure.

The Haiti one still hurt to today, we could have desperately used those ranking points.

I get what you are saying. I'm just think come WC qualification the events form the past will be just that, in the past. We got 2 insane talents that have been in form all year and some more hungry youngsters that can come in and add to the squad.

Atiba just extended with Besiktas for another year, would be nice if he came back into the international team fold for the coming year as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad