Canadian Soccer Part III

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Forge go down a man and win it late on an unreal goal from Novak!

Through to the next round!
It felt like going down a man actually turned the match in our favor. Thought the yellow was harsh, particularly given it was a second and a sending off but you have to be cautious when you already have a card or you run the risk of being CONCACAF'd. Also with time running out why did one of their players surround Henry and illegally prevent him from distributing the ball, thus helping us kill off the clock? I was laughing at how stupid that was.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It felt like going down a man actually turned the match in our favor. Thought the yellow was harsh, particularly given it was a second and a sending off but you have to be cautious when you already have a card or you run the risk of being CONCACAF'd. Also with time running out why did one of their players surround Henry and illegally prevent him from distributing the ball, thus helping us kill off the clock? I was laughing at how stupid that was.
Yeah we were definitely feeling the CONCACAF officiating last night. So many yellow cards and fouls called against us it seemed.

On to Panama!

Reactions: sabremike

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
This was really a great game..more entertaining than I imagined it would be...props to the play by play guy as well.
Yeah the quality of the match was awesome, even if the pitch was thoroughly destroyed when all was said and done!

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Absolute catastrophe as after one of the worst howlers by a keeper on a backpass you will ever see leads to an equalizer for the Haitian side they in no way deserved.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The amazing thing is that as a Metros supporter this might not even be in my top 20 gutwrenching and catastrophic defeats experienced.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad