Canadian Soccer Part III

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yeh...spoke about Coupland on here before. That said he's going to be a pro player while in grade 10. Wild.

Such a wild thought in general, then I think about how it's happening here in Canada and it blows my mind again.

He will be fun to follow next year!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Do you think this can expedite a career path to Atletico Madrid down the line?

I had that thought at first but it's so hard to tell at the moment. Coupland is obviously an extremely raw talent and we still don't have much of a sample size as to how CPL players do upon leaving the league for other venture. Just a lot of question marks going forward.

Also the contracts are weird in the CPL, they are signed to the league not the club. The club then has the option to pick it up for a second season. So the reality is this signing was likely orchestrated through the the league and Coupland's connection to Ottawa,not through Atletico.

Ultimately it would be cool if thats where it all ends up, however I would not get your hopes up.

Reactions: Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I had that thought at first but it's so hard to tell at the moment. Coupland is obviously an extremely raw talent and we still don't have much of a sample size as to how CPL players do upon leaving the league for other venture. Just a lot of question marks going forward.

Also the contracts are weird in the CPL, they are signed to the league not the club. The club then has the option to pick it up for a second season. So the reality is this signing was likely orchestrated through the the league and Coupland's connection to Ottawa,not through Atletico.

Ultimately it would be cool if thats where it all ends up, however I would not get your hopes up.
First thing that came to my mind was Jack Harrison's career to City from MLS. Lol

He's a bit of a strange case. Played for both the Utd and Liverpool youth teams...

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

Anyone have One Soccer ;). I have been thinking about going through and watching some old CPL games as well. I need my fix!

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Anyone have One Soccer ;). I have been thinking about going through and watching some old CPL games as well. I need my fix!

Game vs Valour I was at we won in like the 89th minute.

Both legs of the final.

The fiasco that was our first visit to York9.

A crazy match I was at between York9 and Edmonton where late Edmonton hit the post and York9 went all the way to the other end and scored.

The game with our goal of the year (you know the one I'm talking about. I was watching the game on my phone walking in midtown NY with a friend and I lost my mind when I saw it).

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Game vs Valour I was at we won in like the 89th minute.

Both legs of the final.

The fiasco that was our first visit to York9.

A crazy match I was at between York9 and Edmonton where late Edmonton hit the post and York9 went all the way to the other end and scored.

The game with our goal of the year (you know the one I'm talking about. I was watching the game on my phone walking in midtown NY with a friend and I lost my mind when I saw it).

There were so many good moments last season. I'm going to re-watch the 90th minute winner in CONCACAF League later today.

Reactions: sabremike

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
We've been crying out for goalkeeper depth forever....I really hope Crepeau is ready to take the next step. Borjan has been pretty good though and i'm sure he will fight for his place.

I have high hopes for Kaye...a left footed central midfielder is worth it's weight in gold.

What this list lacks is a central defender ...heck... any defender. We have one of the best left backs in the world but don't we feel in Canada he can be a high end player in one of the "money" positions? We've never had so much talent...

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Check out CPL Shop online because all the kits from last season are on sale for $59.99 CDN and shipping is free to both Canada and the US. Got the Forge away kit, sadly they don't have the third kit. The team store is closed and for some odd reason the Ticats stuff is still available on the online shop but the Forge stuff comes up as unavailable.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Check out CPL Shop online because all the kits from last season are on sale for $59.99 CDN and shipping is free to both Canada and the US. Got the Forge away kit, sadly they don't have the third kit. The team store is closed and for some odd reason the Ticats stuff is still available on the online shop but the Forge stuff comes up as unavailable.

One of my regrets is not getting the black and yellow kit at the end of the season, dumb on my part.

Reactions: sabremike

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

CPL reality TV show? I'm into it!

Yup, they also revealed Ottawa's inaugural home kit:

Atletico Ottawa unveils jersey, adding blue to familiar red and white - Sportsnet.ca

EZHxxntWsAEDNG9

It's pretty nice tbh; I'll definitely have one.

Reactions: Cassano

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad