Canadian Soccer Part II

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Finally we will face some competitive teams to know if we really made progress.

Eustaquio can't come soon enough. What we played last Sunday is NO Match to elite DMs of Concacaf in Bradley, Guardado, Adams, Borges...

We need a box-to-box DM capable of playing defensively as well as offensively and when Atiba retires in July we'll be doomed. Wanted to see Eustaquio-Atiba but hey in life you can't have everything you want.

Been MIA and away for a few weeks but I also wanted to say that I know he scored a beauty on Friday and he's a late replacement but Jay Chapman shouldn't be anywhere near the Gold Cup squad. He's soooo limited, offers nothing has been a Toronto prospect since the dinosaur days. I'd try out Mathieu Choinere, Bayiha or call back Raheem before that crab called Jay chapman

Reactions: Pouchkine

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
You are right we really need someone for this position and central defense as well.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Will the games be televised in any fashion south of the border (via streaming)?

I think you can stream on CBC sports for some of the game and they also announced a league partnership with MediaPro.

Don't really know the availability outside of Canada though.

Reactions: sabremike

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Very good game so far and very good crowd but the stadium is ugly as they come and to big 24K, and the synthetic field is one of the worst anywhere.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Very good game so far and very good crowd but the stadium is ugly as they come and to big 24K, and the synthetic field is one of the worst anywhere.
The Tim isn't an architectural wonder but exactly what the hell is wrong with it?

Forge give up a goal 2 minutes in on a terrible play and then did everything but score. 45 minutes left, let's get it done!!!!

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
The Tim isn't an architectural wonder but exactly what the hell is wrong with it?

Forge give up a goal 2 minutes in on a terrible play and then did everything but score. 45 minutes left, let's get it done!!!!
The stands are way too far from the play. Also there's no stands behind the goals. It's also always windy it seems.

I'm impressed with the level of play though and the guys are really giving their all, entertaining game and CBC is doing a good job.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Honours even at the Donut Box. Forge dominated but just couldn't get the winner. We were incredibly lucky because one of our guys should've been sent off for a brutal elbow right to a York player's face (and right in front of the fourth official no less) and the refs completely missed it. In MLS that goes to VAR and he gets sent off.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Honours even at the Donut Box. Forge dominated but just couldn't get the winner. We were incredibly lucky because one of our guys should've been sent off for a brutal elbow right to a York player's face (and right in front of the fourth official no less) and the refs completely missed it. In MLS that goes to VAR and he gets sent off.
Yeah the referees were really bad though.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Today is the day Forge gets their first win, anyone going to the game?
Will be watching at home. On the 29th I will be at the Donut Box for the game vs the Eddies as I got a bus from NYC to Toronto, from which I'll take a GO Bus/Train to the Hammer and apparently the stadium is like a 1.6 mile walk (given that I routinely walk about 3 miles from the Hempstead train station to the Nassau Coliseum that's nothing) and after the game I booked a bed at a hostel nearby for $18.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Will be watching at home. On the 29th I will be at the Donut Box for the game vs the Eddies as I got a bus from NYC to Toronto, from which I'll take a GO Bus/Train to the Hammer and apparently the stadium is like a 1.6 mile walk (given that I routinely walk about 3 miles from the Hempstead train station to the Nassau Coliseum that's nothing) and after the game I booked a bed at a hostel nearby for $18.

Jeeze that is some serious dedication. Due to work I currently live 3 hours from Hamilton, I was debating not going to the game today due to the distance of the drive, but you convinced me i ought to go

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Totally forgot Bekker will not be playing for Forge tonight, big hole to fill.

Hoping Nanco gets going a bit more tonight, he has shown great skill at points but the production has not been there through the first 2 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad