Canadian Soccer Part II

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Former Portugal midfielder Stephen Eustaquio commits to play for Canada - Sportsnet.ca

Huge news and boost for Canada, by far Canada's best D-midfielder. Still a very top prospect who can play at the highest level with a very high ceiling. I watch some Liga MX and on paper he is already a top DM there, (behind the two Guidos , Jorge Hernandez, Ortiz, Balanta IMO ) I don't watch enough MX nor him to have a firm answer but he's surely way ahead of your average DM in MLS.
Looking forward to see

Davies-Cavallani-Hoilett
Arfield-Osorio
Eustaquio
Gutierrez-James-Cornelius-ZBG
Borjan

Bench : Ballou, M.Choiniere, Henry, Larin, Kaye, David, Fraser, I'd try Piette at CB because there's no way he sees more action than Eustaquio

Regardless biggest name to switch allegiance under Herdman so far

Last edited:
Reactions: Tuggy

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Huge news today for sure! We are heading in the right direction as a nation right now which is amazing to see after fumbling around for so long.

I love looking at the roster and seeing viable options throughout both the starting 11 and the bench!

Reactions: Tuggy

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
What a moment for him and soccer in general for this nation. Excited to watch this guy over the next couple years and even more excited for the influence he is going to have on our program overall

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

A draw would get them into League A but obviously a win is what is expected here.

Davies won't make the trip. Nursing a minor injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad