Canadian Division (Canada Cup) Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The literally skated in the opposite direction off the face off until Matthews got off the ice
Has nothing to do with Matthews and has everything to do with the fact that we used to be super aggressive, miss the net, and then give up 3 on 1's every OT and lose. Since the coaching change, they play it like a soccer game. They hold possession until they see something they like.

Reactions: bretpatrick7

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Has nothing to do with Matthews and has everything to do with the fact that we used to be super aggressive, miss the net, and then give up 3 on 1's every OT and lose. Since the coaching change, they play it like a soccer game. They hold possession until they see something they like.

Yup that’s why the second Matthews got on the bench was the same second they broke into the offensive zone for the first time.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
So the laffs supposed to be this big powerhouse losing to MTL who was missing Gallagher, Price, Weber, Tatar, Byron, Drouin...

Not saying the habs a good, they are not, but the hype around the laffs......
Lol. Relax you won a overtime game against a team who still has a multiple game lead in the season series.

while you were playing desperate to move up to avoid us and we were playing for nothing.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
They literally skated in the opposite direction off the face off until Matthews got off the ice

And it worked. It's the only way they can compete against the firepower of TO in OT. Trying to force plays and giving Toronto the puck and odd man rushes is pretty much a guaranteed loss. It's not pretty, I agree but it's smart and the only way they have a chance.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
And it worked. It's the only way they can compete against the firepower of TO in OT. Trying to force plays and giving Toronto the puck and odd man rushes is pretty much a guaranteed loss. It's not pretty, I agree but it's smart and the only way they have a chance.
Yeah I don’t understand why that was supposed to be an insult. It’s smart. Matthews and Marner are deadly. Why give them a chance if you don’t have to.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
They literally skated in the opposite direction off the face off until Matthews got off the ice
It's not exciting hockey and I would agree with a rule that prevents backtracking out of a zone but what the Habs did was smart. Why give Matthews free 2 on 0's? He won't miss all of them.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Yup that’s why the second Matthews got on the bench was the same second they broke into the offensive zone for the first time.
Smart way to play OT. Keep the puck and wait for your chance. When the other team is tired, pounding on your chance. The Habs now 3-0 in OT with this strategy and 0-9 before.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I want the Leafs to play the Jets. Got some actual emotion going on in that series. I almost fell asleep tonight.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Strangely I haven't seen any of them use the word "dynasty", yet I read it 10 games in this year. I don’t think I would throw many stones when my fanbase calls the police over body checks.
Imagine leafs fan if Chara did this to Marner when he was starting to become a dominent player

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
So, any news on the Leafs eventually raising the North Division winner banner ?

Everyone in Canada outside of Ontario is legitimately praying this will be a thing. I hope the fans can also be in the stands to cheer this on.

Reactions: Devonator

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Lol. Relax you won a overtime game against a team who still has a multiple game lead in the season series.

while you were playing desperate to move up to avoid us and we were playing for nothing.
Don't you rather face the Jets?

All's fine

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Oh right, the Maple Leafs fan knows what he's talking about when speaking about Montreal. So true! Dumb.

Danadiens

Apr 20, 2004
Sooo.

"Scabs"
"Laffs"

Highschool was fun but I thought I finished that shit 15 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad