Canadian Division (Canada Cup) Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The Leafs are 1st overall again, and since it's this late into the season I think it would be a lot on easier on everyone if everyone just agreed they are a serious threat to the Cup. If I'm putting myself in a Leafs fans shoes, I'd say "just give my team some respect without some backhanded comment, that's all we want."

If the Leafs end their Cup drought this year I fear for the city of Toronto and the sanity of non-Leafs fans in Canada whose only retreat from the endless Leafs-championship onslaught will be in their own heads.

Get used to the idea of Toronto winning the Cup, so at least if/when it happens you won't be sitting there stunned.

If the Leafs win the Cup I'll be happy for my mom (even though she's a Leaf fan, I still love her), but these forums will be ... interesting. ;)

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
LOL - the Leafs aren’t winning the Cup nor are they a ‘serious threat’ to do so. I don’t see them making it out of the division to be honest, but maybe they’ll finally at least win a playoff round.

The difference in tonight’s game was a lucky bounce off a Habs skate right to Brodie, who is normally an offensive black hole. Leafs have been getting a ton of fortunate bounces lately, and everything is hitting Campbell, who’s play is pretty unsustainable.
You didn't even have them making the playoffs. Your predictions are woeful.

ThrowDemTongs

kid named jeff finger
Mar 21, 2013
Coquitlam, BC
LOL - the Leafs aren’t winning the Cup nor are they a ‘serious threat’ to do so. I don’t see them making it out of the division to be honest, but maybe they’ll finally at least win a playoff round.

The difference in tonight’s game was a lucky bounce off a Habs skate right to Brodie, who is normally an offensive black hole. Leafs have been getting a ton of fortunate bounces lately, and everything is hitting Campbell, who’s play is pretty unsustainable.
Ok

snag

Feb 22, 2014
It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or by a mile. Winning is winning.

Interesting you are borrowing that from a franchise that started out believable and entertaining and became something completely farcical ;)

nobody

Aug 8, 2017

Derp, man oh man, you must be miserable these days.

DaWatcher

Jul 21, 2020

That 'lucky bounce' was the result of sustained puck pressure. As for Campbell, check out the save he made before Perry's second. Habs had to crash the net to beat him.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
its so hard to tell with only divisional play...but if the Leafs continue the way they are going, and get this type of goaltending, they could make some noise in the playoffs.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

How about that Sens game ?

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
If the Leafs win the Cup I'll be happy for my mom (even though she's a Leaf fan, I still love her), but these forums will be ... interesting. ;)

That's very nice :) my dad is a Bruins fan and when they won the cup I was happy for him...... and boy that was not an easy time lol

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
This Leafs team is a far cry from what they were 3 years ago. They're legit...

Their goaltender is playing unsustainable right now but if they get average goaltending they'll do well. Leafs are tough to handle it's a deep roster this year.

- coming from someone who would rather spoon their own eyes out than see the Leafs win a cup

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
If anything that amplifies the lack of success.

I'm strictly talking about success since 93-94. The fact there was no team for 15 of those years means Jets fans had even less to cheer about than anyone else.

Huh? The didn't exist. I guess you can criticize Vegas for not having a team for 60 years. What non sense lol
Criticizing a franchise and fans for politics is just non sense

Jets have been gone and had to start from back from a crap team, didn't get to pick and choose like Vegas or Seattle will and yet has had more success in a shorter time span than leafs.. I really don't understand some people's brains and how they think

This actually amplifies the lack of success the Leafs had. They had more tries and failed more. Pretty good logic you have there

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Question for leaf fans...in your quest for a Cup.

Where would you rank the North division out of the 4 divisions?

That said...where would you rank all NHL teams that played PLAYOFF hockey...heavy hard checking games...give you nothing...where would you put Toronto overall?

That wideopen offense disappears in the playoffs and it becomes a grind it out game.

DO you really think Toronto is there?

Naw.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Leafs are the only team in the division over buying in a an covid season when there's an expansion next season

Everyone else is chillin while the Leafs overly trying

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Montréal still seems firmly planted in the drivers seat of this division. This is right about the time the late season collapse begins in Maple Laugh town. Tomorrow night will be a glimpse of just how much stronger Montreal is from top to bottom. I’m fully expecting it to get ugly for the poor Leafers.
200.gif

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
Question for leaf fans...in your quest for a Cup.

Where would you rank the North division out of the 4 divisions?

That said...where would you rank all NHL teams that played PLAYOFF hockey...heavy hard checking games...give you nothing...where would you put Toronto overall?

That wideopen offense disappears in the playoffs and it becomes a grind it out game.

DO you really think Toronto is there?

Naw.

I would rank Tampa and Colorado ahead of them for sure. Vegas, Florida, Islanders and Hurricanes I would put on same tier. They could lose to Edmonton or Winnipeg, in the playoffs. I don’t think anything is guaranteed, with the Leafs playoff history.

Leafs D is miles better than it has been in a long time. If they stay healthy, they are a threat. That’s just my opinion though.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I would say watching the Bills make it to the AFC Championship game meant a lot to me and was not just another season were they failed to reach the SuperBowl.

Still think people are petrified of the Leafs winning the North Division, and that's why we're seeing; well Leafs are playoff chokers, and what have the Leafs won recently type posts. The Leafs finishing 1st, followed by winning the North Playoff Rounds is becoming an uncomfortably close reality for a lot of Leafs haters.

Not saying they will or even favored to do so. Just that its not a far fetch scenario at this point.

Probably has to do with leafs fans calling themselves the kings of the North when they were two points in front of the Jets
And it's just true. Leafs fans talk all this sht every year to get knocked out in the first round. You guys never learn and people are just bored of it

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

Do you ever just get bored of this same schtick over and over? Take a break, it'll be okay.

Leafs are the only team in the division over buying in a an covid season when there's an expansion next season

Everyone else is chillin while the Leafs overly trying
What does this even mean? The Leaf are over trying? What? Lmao. Imagine using this as an insult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad