Canadian Division (Canada Cup) Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
That's actually a weirder dynamic you've got going on there. Division rivals with your dad's favorite team. At least with me and my mom, the Leafs and Pens have very little to do with one another.

Oh it gets heated! Lol my dad and his brothers are Bruins fans and my mother and sisters are Leaf fans.

BUT it gets worse as my aunt married into a family of Hab fans.

Family get togethers=RIP

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Oh it gets heated! Lol my dad and his brothers are Bruins fans and my mother and sisters are Leaf fans.

BUT it gets worse as my aunt married into a family of Hab fans.

Family get togethers=RIP

I'm the oddball in the family. Mom and dad cheered for the Leafs, and my cousins/aunt/uncle cheered for Montreal, in part because Kirk Muller's sister is friends with and went to high school with one of my cousins.

Yeah, they're not big hockey fans. They literally cheer for the Habs because he played for them when they won the Cup and then ended up on their coaching staff at some point.

Reactions: TopChedder

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
I'm the oddball in the family. Mom and dad cheered for the Leafs, and my cousins/aunt/uncle cheered for Montreal, in part because Kirk Muller's sister is friends with and went to high school with one of my cousins.

Yeah, they're not big hockey fans. They literally cheer for the Habs because he played for them when they won the Cup and then ended up on their coaching staff at some point.

That's so cool! At least they got to see a cup win as fans, something I want to see someday as a Leaf fan lol

You picked a good team yourself. Solid still and I grew up around Sid, so it's great to see you are a fan.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Derp, man oh man, you must be miserable these days.

He has become so aggressive in the polls section too.

The teams play has been 100% sustainable, as we have done it all season.

I agree that the playoffs are a different beast. I am not a man of guarantees in a season where everything is haywire and anything can happen.

I will say that this has been the best effort our franchise has given since 93', and that is simply an undisputable fact, even despite what our little buddy you quoted may think.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
He has become so aggressive in the polls section too.

The teams play has been 100% sustainable, as we have done it all season.

I agree that the playoffs are a different beast. I am not a man of guarantees in a season where everything is haywire and anything can happen.

I will say that this has been the best effort our franchise has given since 93', and that is simply an undisputable fact, even despite what our little buddy you quoted may think.

Pretty sad to see tbh. Unhealthy obsession.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Oilers record if they hadn't faced the Sens all year:

16-14-2 = 34 points in 32 games

Senators record if they hadn't faced the Oilers all year:

13-15-4 = 30 points in 32 games

4 f***ING points separate the Oilers and the Sens this year in non-H2H matchups. Jesus. :eek:

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

4 f***ING POINTS separate the Oilers and the Sens this year in non-H2H matchups. Jesus. :eek:

You're going to attract the masses with this comment. I relayed a comment they made on TSN about McDavid/Draisaitl dominating the Sens this year and had half the city of Edmonton in my notifications :laugh:

Sens also haven't beaten Vancouver this season. 0-3-2 vs them

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
You're going to attract the masses with this comment. I relayed a comment they made on TSN about McDavid/Draisaitl dominating the Sens this year and had half the city of Edmonton in my notifications :laugh:

Sens also haven't beaten Vancouver this season. 0-3-2 vs them

21 of his 61 points and 10 of his 22 goals for Draisaitl have come against the Senators in 8 games.

In 32 other games, he has 40 points and 12 goals. Both still stellar but that's still insane. Oilers have use the Sens as a total punching bag this year. I didn't realize it was this bad. :laugh:

Meanwhile, Leafs are going to barely claw out a point on Saturday if we're lucky. Sens always come out to play vs Leafs and Habs. They hand out points like candy to most of the other Canadian teams apparently.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
21 of his 61 points and 10 of his 22 goals for Draisaitl have come against the Senators in 8 games.

In 32 other games, he has 40 points and 12 goals. Both still stellar but that's still insane. Oilers have use the Sens as a total punching bag this year. I didn't realize it was this bad. :laugh:

Meanwhile, Leafs are going to barely claw out a point on Saturday if we're lucky. Sens always come out to play vs Leafs and Habs. They hand out points like candy to most of the other Canadian teams apparently.

Oilers games versus the Sens are like when someone is playing NHL21 and they decide to put all the sliders on the easiest setting because they're tired of only scoring 2 goals against the computer on medium setting.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Oilers games versus the Sens are like when someone is playing NHL21 and they decide to put all the sliders on the easiest setting because they're tired of only scoring 2 goals against the computer on medium setting.
For comparison to Drai. Without facing the Sens, Auston Matthews has 22 goals and 36 points in 30 games. Virtually the same number of points while getting almost twice as many goals. Yet, most people will think you're the crazy one when you say that Matthews is the better player between the 2. :huh:

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
For comparison to Drai. Without facing the Sens, Auston Matthews has 22 goals and 36 points in 30 games. Virtually the same number of points while getting almost twice as many goals. Yet, most people will think you're the crazy one when you say that Matthews is the better player between the 2. :huh:

I mean, the fact that you have to subtract 8 of Draisaitl's most dominant games this season to even say their stats are comparable kinda proves that point.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

4 f***ING points separate the Oilers and the Sens this year in non-H2H matchups. Jesus. :eek:

I guess the Capitals should also forfeit their 8 wins against the Devils this season.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
I guess the Capitals should also forfeit their 8 wins against the Devils this season.
Who said anything about forfeiting anything? I'm just saying that it's insane that only 4 points separate the 2 teams when facing every other team in the division. I don't think the Caps and Devils are 4 points apart with those same circumstances.

EDIT: 8 point difference. But Devils have 2 games in hand.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Who said anything about forfeiting anything? I'm just saying that it's insane that only 4 points separate the 2 teams when facing every other team in the division. I don't think the Caps and Devils are 4 points apart with those same circumstances.

Washington 31GP 38pts (without playing the Devils)
New Jersey 29GP 32pts (without playing the Caps)

Not 4pts... 6pts AND 2 fewer games.... so probably less than 4pts :)

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Washington 31GP 38pts (without playing the Devils)
New Jersey 29GP 32pts (without playing the Caps)

Not 4pts... 6pts AND 2 fewer games.... so probably less than 4pts :)

NJ would have 30 since they got 2 points from OTL vs Caps. But yea, it's 8 point difference with Devils having 2 games in hand still.

Devils also have 2 more overall points than Sens with 3 games in hand. They're a slightly better team than the Sens.

LEAFSANDBILLSFAN

May 3, 2020
Probably has to do with leafs fans calling themselves the kings of the North when they were two points in front of the Jets
And it's just true. Leafs fans talk all this sht every year to get knocked out in the first round. You guys never learn and people are just bored of it

Knocked out by the top team in the East in a season where everyone on the Leafs was a rookie? Or knocked out by a team that was top 3 in the NHL in back to back years? You know that same team that has completely dismantled the Hurricanes in back to back seasons but since Carolina is everyones East Division darling, no one talks about it. I know lets hang our hats on the Columbus series during Covid Cup because that's every Leafs haters go to fav. moment. Whats even funnier is people talk down that Columbus team even though no team in the North could sniff that Columbus teams jockstrap when it comes to team defense.

Here are the facts Toronto hating Grumpy Grumps.

Toronto has scored more than any team in the North and has also allowed the least amount of goals in the North.

Toronto has a winning record over every team in the North. You know the only team that does.

I mean if that isn't dominance I dont know what is? I guess one time long ago Winnipeg and Edmonton were close to Toronto when Andersen couldn't stop a beach ball and you had both played a few extra games, but the Leafs have won their games in hand and Campbell is the real deal, so you all might as well shut up and pray to whatever idol you believe in so you can laugh at Leafs Nations come playoff time, instead of crying of big bad overbearing Toronto.

Then again maybe the Leafs win and all your nightmares come true? Yeah that reality is a little too scary and close for you and the lashing out now represents your need to silence the agonizing horrific thoughts about the Leafs winning.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Record versus playoff teams in the division:

Edmonton: 8-10-2
Toronto: 13-4-2
Winnipeg: 8-8-2
Montreal: 7-4-4

I'm honestly surprised Winnipeg's record is .500

LEAFSANDBILLSFAN

May 3, 2020
Record versus playoff teams in the division:

Edmonton: 8-10-2
Toronto: 13-4-2
Winnipeg: 8-8-2
Montreal: 7-4-4

I'm honestly surprised Winnipeg's record is .500

Doesn't matter Leafs are playoff chokers. You didn't hear? Terrible defense. soft. Matthews disappears come playoff time. Edmonton is the Capitals, Winnipeg the Bruins, and Montreal are the Blue Jackets. WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!!

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Do you ever just get bored of this same schtick over and over? Take a break, it'll be okay.

What does this even mean? The Leaf are over trying? What? Lmao. Imagine using this as an insult.

Taking advantage of a weak season to win a cup when there's no crowd. Vancouver isn't even playing games. Not hard to get what that is supposed to mean

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
:laugh:

I made some pretzels, they could really use that extra salt you're carrying..

Salty? Jets are in a great position without selling assets for a short season. Nothing to be salty about when all of other Canadian fans had Winnipeg on the lower of the division yet they're good enough to compete against any team in that division without having load up

It's just sad on your guy's part as leafs fans. Plan the parade every year just to get knocked out in the first round.. broken record you guys just can't figure it out

Last edited:

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Knocked out by the top team in the East in a season where everyone on the Leafs was a rookie? Or knocked out by a team that was top 3 in the NHL in back to back years? You know that same team that has completely dismantled the Hurricanes in back to back seasons but since Carolina is everyones East Division darling, no one talks about it. I know lets hang our hats on the Columbus series during Covid Cup because that's every Leafs haters go to fav. moment. Whats even funnier is people talk down that Columbus team even though no team in the North could sniff that Columbus teams jockstrap when it comes to team defense.

Here are the facts Toronto hating Grumpy Grumps.

Toronto has scored more than any team in the North and has also allowed the least amount of goals in the North.

Toronto has a winning record over every team in the North. You know the only team that does.

I mean if that isn't dominance I dont know what is? I guess one time long ago Winnipeg and Edmonton were close to Toronto when Andersen couldn't stop a beach ball and you had both played a few extra games, but the Leafs have won their games in hand and Campbell is the real deal, so you all might as well shut up and pray to whatever idol you believe in so you can laugh at Leafs Nations come playoff time, instead of crying of big bad overbearing Toronto.

Then again maybe the Leafs win and all your nightmares come true? Yeah that reality is a little too scary and close for you and the lashing out now represents your need to silence the agonizing horrific thoughts about the Leafs winning.

You can write this long essay of excuses..fact is the Leafs haven't done a thing in almost 30 years and haven't won cup in over 50 years. The most over rated franchise in sports history

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
so this is what it's come to, HFBoards. sad stuff.

Sad? It's true. Not a lot of people I know are actually that invested in a shortened covid season that can wipe out an entire team if a few guys get sick.

Leafs just taking advantage of an unfortunate event. Fans can't even show up to games

Is there any other team loading up for short term results other than the Leafs?

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
You can write this long essay of excuses..fact is the Leafs haven't done a thing in almost 30 years and haven't won cup in over 50 years. The most over rated franchise in sports history

Peggy, what does what the Leafs franchise did or did not do over the last 30 years have anything to do with 2021's version of the Leafs?

This year's Leafs team have proven that they are the class of the North division. They have a winning record against all the PO teams. What Leaf teams did in the past has zero impact on today's version of the team. Dozens of pages have been wasted on posters comparing past result of their various team as if that means anything in 2021. I just don't get what happened 30 years ago or even last year has any thing to do with this season?

BTW I still think that in a 7 game series that the Jets can beat the Leafs but that does not change the fact that so far this season the Leafs are the best team in the North.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad