Canadian Division (Canada Cup) Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
lol, you telling me you watched that game last night and thought Rittich was good ? Or even average ? :laugh:

10 years..exaggeration much ? 10 years ago canucks fans were rioting, we weren't complaining about having sub .900 save percentage from all 4 goalies back then.
I didn’t say any of that. I said fix your goaltending or stop crying about it.

We were rioting from our Game 7 Stanley Cup final loss. When was the last year you were even in the finals? Were The Beatles on tour? :laugh:

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

We were rioting from our Game 7 Stanley Cup final loss. When was the last year you were even in the finals?
Probably before he was born...wasnt it 1960s? before invention of cell phones

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
No, If the Canucks were to draw even on points, they would own the 1st and 2nd tiebreakers.

The first tiebreaker is regulation wins (assuming same games played). Montreal has 17 regulation wins. Vancouver has 12 regulation wins. If Vancouver wins their 4 games in hand all in regulation, that bumps them up to 16 regulation wins, one less than Montreal.

As of right now, Montreal has the first tiebreaker. So I'm not sure where you're getting the above?

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
The first tiebreaker is regulation wins (assuming same games played). Montreal has 17 regulation wins. Vancouver has 12 regulation wins. If Vancouver wins their 4 games in hand all in regulation, that bumps them up to 16 regulation wins, one less than Montreal.

As of right now, Montreal has the first tiebreaker. So I'm not sure where you're getting the above?
My bad, I thought it was still ROW wins, not just regulation.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

SamInVan

Dec 5, 2016
VanCity
My guess is EP is done for the season. He is skating, but had has a wrist injury that isn't healing as quickly as hoped. I may be wrong, but I think best case is he is ready to go opening day. Just my 2 cents though, not based on any confirmed reports, just speculation.
Canucks realistically have zero chance to make the playoffs.

Let Petey heal up for next season and start the season fresh.

SamInVan

Dec 5, 2016
VanCity
canucks had no business being in any of those games they were completely outclassed everywhere except goaltending

Leafs defence also allowed the Canucks to enter the O-zone fairly easy on most of the goals that Rittich let in.

So your D sucks too, not just the goaltending.

Reactions: snowkiddin

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Leafs defence also allowed the Canucks to enter the O-zone fairly easy on most of the goals that Rittich let in.

1st goal - Sutter was just standing unmolested in the crease for the rebound.

2nd goal - Rittich lets in a laugher from the sideboards.

3rd goal - Rittich lets in a laugher from a bad angle.

4th goal - Pearson is just standing unmolested in the crease for a rebound.

5th goal - Rittich lets in a laugher from an even worse angle than the 3rd goal.

6th goal - EN

Rittich's performance was horrific but there were some other concerns as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: snowkiddin

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Canucks realistically have zero chance to make the playoffs.

Let Petey heal up for next season and start the season fresh.
I think the 20% odds they are given right now are entirely reasonable. 1 in 5. I don't see how you can look at MTL's schedule/results vs our remaining schedule with 4 games in hand and say there us 0 chance.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

Can't tell if you're serious or not, Pearson is literally hugging the boards on that floater. Even the Hoglander goal, 1 on 1 and he's completely on the outside. Anyone blaming the D on those doesn't know hockey period. I think you're just trolling, I don't know how any sane person can logically blame the D-zone entry on that. By your standards no team should ever be able to gain the zone.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

We were rioting from our Game 7 Stanley Cup final loss. When was the last year you were even in the finals? Were The Beatles on tour? :laugh:

No but you implied it, keep crying looking from the outside in. No shot the nucks make playoffs if they play defence like that every game, goalies can only bail them out for so long.

Imagine bragging about choking in the finals and tearing your city down after LOL.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Pains me to say but the Leafs goaltending will waste a good opportunity to advance through the division and into the semi's.
Campbell had a nice few weeks but has fallen off hard, Rittich is strictly backup material and Freddie is a giant question mark. There's no way the team can have any confidence in any of them at this point. It has to be disheartening to outplay the opponent and watch the goalies piss games away. If i were in charge i would put more emphasis on drafting and developing goalies because the really good ones rarely come available and we haven't produced one of our own in ages. I don't know if any decent ones will hit the UFA market this summer but if not, Dubas has to find a way to acquire one from somewhere. Maybe even try a European if nothing is available here. It's too late to address the problem this season but you just can't go into next year relying on any of the current group for anything other than the backup role. I honestly have no confidence in the Leafs regardless of the playoff opponent unless somehow one of the goalies can raise their game to average, and i don't see that happening.
I could see Helly and the Jets forwards rolling through the division and into the semi's.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Pains me to say but the Leafs goaltending will waste a good opportunity to advance through the division and into the semi's.
Campbell had a nice few weeks but has fallen off hard, Rittich is strictly backup material and Freddie is a giant question mark. There's no way the team can have any confidence in any of them at this point. It has to be disheartening to outplay the opponent and watch the goalies piss games away. If i were in charge i would put more emphasis on drafting and developing goalies because the really good ones rarely come available and we haven't produced one of our own in ages. I don't know if any decent ones will hit the UFA market this summer but if not, Dubas has to find a way to acquire one from somewhere. Maybe even try a European if nothing is available here. It's too late to address the problem this season but you just can't go into next year relying on any of the current group for anything other than the backup role. I honestly have no confidence in the Leafs regardless of the playoff opponent unless somehow one of the goalies can raise their game to average, and i don't see that happening.
I could see Helly and the Jets forwards rolling through the division and into the semi's.

Yup, feels like an already wasted year of this cores prime. Going to be even harder with us most likely losing one of Rielly/Hyman this summer. I don't see how this group can be a serious contender with what we have in net, it's a shame. It's pathetic when all we're asking for is just average goaltending. .839svp is disgustingly unacceptable.

Reactions: bukwas

Mar 26, 2010
Pains me to say but the Leafs goaltending will waste a good opportunity to advance through the division
100%. The Leafs will most likely be eliminated in the 1st round due to the giant hole they have in net.

None of the goalies in Toronto are good enough to win with

Reactions: bukwas

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
100%. The Leafs will most likely be eliminated in the 1st round due to the giant hole they have in net.

You guys won for most of the season with the goalies you had.

The timing isn't great for a goaltending slump, I'll grant you, but better now than 3 weeks from now.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Here is what I see happening. Leafs lose the first two games in round one because of poor goaltending. Then Freddy starts game three and takes the team on a playoff run.

Mar 26, 2010
Here is what I see happening. Leafs lose the first two games in round one because of poor goaltending. Then Freddy starts game three and takes the team on a playoff run.
Not sure about that. Andersen is no better. He has been awful all season.

Mar 26, 2010
You guys won for most of the season with the goalies you had.

The timing isn't great for a goaltending slump, I'll grant you, but better now than 3 weeks from now.
I am not convinced. Toronto has the weakest goaltending in the Division.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Not sure about that. Andersen is no better. He has been awful all season.
I think he was trying to play through injury, no? Plus, Freddy’s biggest issue in past playoffs was he played too much during the regular season, and got tired. This year he will be well rested. That’s why I see him taking the team to the Conference Finals.

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
Leaf fans: “we have amazing defense! It’s just a wild coincidence that every goalie plays terrible for us and amazing for other teams!”

Reactions: Sens9292

Mar 26, 2010
I think he was trying to play through injury, no? Plus, Freddy’s biggest issue in past playoffs was he played too much during the regular season, and got tired. This year he will be well rested. That’s why I see him taking the team to the Conference Finals.
Your theory makes sense but I am not sure that will be the outcome. All the other teams in the Canadian division have fantastic goaltenders that have the ability to steal games. That is how you win in the playoffs, not by playing run and gun high-risk hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille