Not open for further replies.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
a little song to get you all pumped for this game:

Go Canada Go. The Maple Leaf Forever!

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
He is everything thats wrong about how the world sees Canada.

If the world judges Canada based on Justin Bieber, the world is ****ed up.

Personally, I'd rather the world sees us as the home of JB than the home of capital punishment, lack of decent health care, the right for idiots to carry guns...the list goes on and on.

For the most part, we have the respect of most people in the world......except when it comes to hockey:laugh:

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Before today I thought Canada would win in a walk. After today, after watching :

1) Visentin give up an early bad goal and fight the puck all day;
2) Watching Canada's D panic EVERYTIME they were under pressure;

I am going to say US 4 - Canada 1.

For Canada to win :

Canada has not had a great goaltending performance all tournament. They need ONE!!! I am praying for it.

GO CANADA GO!!!!

It's okay Kevy.

Just imagine how our team would be if those that were eligible to play,were playing.

All's good in junior hockey in Canada.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

It's okay Kevy.

Just imagine how our team would be if those that were eligible to play,were playing.

All's good in junior hockey in Canada.

I agree but we need another Hockey Summit. However, this time, we need to concentrate on why we can't produce a decent goalie.

12 years ago we looked into why we can't produce players who can score and look how that turned out... AWESOME!!!

If we can NOW just fix the lack of (quality) goalies being produced.

:)

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
I agree but we need another Hockey Summit. However, this time, we need to concentrate on why we can't produce a decent goalie.

12 years ago we looked into why we can't produce players who can score and look how that turned out... AWESOME!!!

If we can NOW just fix the lack of (quality) goalies being produced.

:)

I would love to see a system similar to the US program, but that's not practical in Canada.

USA hockey takes kids at 15 and turns them into robotic machines, where they eat, sleep, study and play hockey together.

Maybe Canada can look at kids who look like they have a promising future as goalies and do something similar with them, but not to the extent USA hockey does.

Start looking in the peewee and higher divisions and single out a few goalies in each league and have summer camps for them, where they're coached and mentored by former NHL goalies.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
@the situation: this aint no foreign land. USA clearly hasnt prepared for a win at home.

RoseTintedVisor

Frans Nielsen?!?!?
Feb 25, 2009
bklyn
American-Flag-and-Eagle.jpg

Nothing else needs to be said.

MAROONSRoad

f/k/a Ghost
Feb 24, 2007
Maroons Rd.
First point: anything can happen in a single game winner takes all format. However, I'm surprised so many posters consider the USA to be the favourite. Even more surprised that some would consider a Canadian win to be an "upset." That is laughable.

Having said that, Canada's goaltending has to be a concern.

If you look at the numbers and consider the Pools each team was in, however, I think Canada looks better.

Canada's pool: Sweden, Russia, Czech and Norway.

USA's pool: Finland, SUI, Slovakia and Germany.

Canada has played against better competition. Only Finland in the US pool can be considered in the same league as Sweden, Russia and Czech, and the US barely squeaked by Finland.

Team plus/minus in Round Robin:

Canada: plus 16 (against better teams) GF: 28 GA: 12

USA: plus 13 (against weaker teams) GF: 17 GA: 4

The only team both the USA and Canada have played so far was SUI. The results:

USA 2 SUI 1
Canada 4 SUI 1

1st round NHL draft picks on each roster:

Canada: 15
USA: 5

It should be a good game and anything can happen, but I don't buy for a second that a Canadian win would be an upset. The above numbers don't show that at all. I am a little concerned about Canada's goaltending, though.

GHOST

RoseTintedVisor

Frans Nielsen?!?!?
Feb 25, 2009
bklyn
Srs, Stupid question. America's representative symbolic animal is the bald eagle, we throw it on everything.

What animal represents Canada? I ask, as I've been to various parts of Canada several times, and still have no idea.

I'm just curious.

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Srs, Stupid question. America's representative symbolic animal is the bald eagle, we throw it on everything.

What animal represents Canada? I ask, as I've been to various parts of Canada several times, and still have no idea.

I'm just curious.

beaver, moose, cariboo, polar bear (not official) canadian goose. the bull trout, I cant think of anymore

TrueBlue86

Oct 17, 2010
Toronto, ON

I'm just curious.

a beaver

but the eagle represents a ton of countries

Cheli

Jul 6, 2008
Toronto/Waterloo
@the situation: this aint no foreign land. USA clearly hasnt prepared for a win at home.

Good thing the US isn't at home then :sarcasm:

I'm just curious.

Beaver.

Two beavers are better than one; they're twice the fun.

Some might argue loon too, but I'm pretty sure the beaver is the main one.

edit: darn, beaver-ninja'd. that's the best/worst kind.

RoseTintedVisor

Frans Nielsen?!?!?
Feb 25, 2009
bklyn
Thanks for your help, guys!

Personally, I think we'd be better off with the Turkey Vulture as our bird, as he's just a bad ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad