WC: Canada 2019 roster (Who will go in Slovakia ?)

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
Anyone else thinks that it’s quite funny/awkward to have Hextall, Vigneault and Hakstol running a team that could include Couturier, Hart, Sanheim, Konecny, Patrick..

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Anyone else thinks that it’s quite funny/awkward to have Hextall, Vigneault and Hakstol running a team that could include Couturier, Hart, Sanheim, Konecny, Patrick..

No, don't see anything funny/awkward about it. I'll be upset if they include Patrick. Sanheim/Konecny are both RFAs so I don't see them being a part of it. unless you are privy to some inside contract juice...care to fill us in.

I think it's just going to be Hart and good 'ol Couts. Love that toothless wonder with the Bobby Clarke smile.

Reactions: VP

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
No, don't see anything funny/awkward about it. I'll be upset if they include Patrick. Sanheim/Konecny are both RFAs so I don't see them being a part of it. unless you are privy to some inside contract juice...care to fill us in.

I think it's just going to be Hart and good 'ol Couts. Love that toothless wonder with the Bobby Clarke smile.
You’re missing the point.

Great99

Apr 12, 2016
How do you know for sure that they won’t get a contract in time to get an invitation?
Because the contract is running to 1 june and invites is now here in april , never seen before that they do contract extension in april, when they can have other options

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
Because the contract is running to 1 june and invites is now here in april , never seen before that they do contract extension in april, when they can have other options
Provorov is expected to sign and join Russia so I am sure that there’s a door open for Sanheim if he wants to do the same.

Great99

Apr 12, 2016
Provorov is expected to sign and join Russia so I am sure that there’s a door open for Sanheim if he wants to do the same.
Thats fine for him , still i just tell you its highly unlikely that players that are RFA or UFA is saying yes for world championship

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
Thats fine for him , still i just tell you its highly unlikely that players that are RFA or UFA is saying yes for world championship
You can tell me it's unlikely (even if I never imply that it was) but don’t tell me they aren't coming if you have absolutely no clue if they are or not.

leafsgirl12

Apr 29, 2014
Canada
I'd like to have Marner, but he's a RFA, so not likely he plays...like practically zero. Tavares and Rielly, however, would be a shot in the arm for our gold medal aspirations. J.T. always talked a good game his first few years in the league on how he would never say no if Hockey Canada comes calling. I'll be upset if he declines this year (unless injured) and will turn in my J.T. fanclub membership card.

turn in would be saying it politely. more like ripping it up and throwing it into my firepit.
yeah agree likely Rielly and Tavares would willingly go if invited and not injured. Though Tavares going may depend on when his baby is due though since his wife is pregnant , and i noticed that from a group pic of the players wifes and gf's marleau's wife posted on twitter .

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I've officially given up on Nathan MacKinnon playing this year. I'm just having too much fun watching him play playoffs. I hope he goes on a long run here 4 rds. deep. Maybe next year we'll get to see McDavid, MacKinnon, Barzal and Makar wear the Team Canada sweater 2020. Wow! what a team that would be. I knew Makar would step right in and not look out of place...but my mind is blown on how good he's been these 2 games.

They should probably send Lafreniere for fun as well.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
disappointing, but not surprising. Thanks for 2015, Sid. It was a blast.

He doesn't want to go unless he can play with G. ;)

prague-czech-republic-4th-may-2015-sidney-crosby-left-and-claude-giroux-ENFJ88.jpg

Reactions: VP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad