Can/Will the flyers make the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
If Provorov or Sanheim get eliminated any chance we bring them over for the playoffs? Much like Calgary did with Bennet last year.

Schultz--Streit
Macdonald--Gostisbehere
Provorov/Sanheim--Gudas

Most people would say its a bad idea. But HONESTLY. Are you trying to tell me Provorov/Sanheim is more of a liability then Manning?

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I would LOVE to see Provorov in the lineup, but its a lot to ask of him. He just had a long season plus WJC, and we have a pretty specific system he hasnt played at all in. Plus the playoffs are a different animal than anything Provorov has competed in. I think he COULD be effective, but I doubt they even test it

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Id rather see Morin up. I still think his size could be a huge asset...especially against Washington. Our D is pretty small and soft outside of Gudas.

That said, Id welcome Provorov. #anyonebutmanning

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I would love to see one of Provorov or Morin in the lineup for the playoffs.
None of them could be worse than Manning and playing in the playoffs could be a valuable experience for them.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Or both and tell Manning and Streit to **** off.

Provorov is almost certainly better than Streit, plus since Morin is a living human being he's better than Manning by default

domestique

Feb 5, 2011
CONUS
Wouldn't bringing Provorov up burn a year of eligibility?

If you bring up anyone, bring up Morin.

Last edited:

PhillyPhaithful

Feb 6, 2012
If the Flyers make the playoffs and Provorov is out of them will he be a part of the "black aces". Forgive me for forgetting exactly how that system works we've been out of the playoff loop a bit.

Edit I'm an idiot and didn't read anything before this.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Yes you can and the Wild will make everything we can tonight to win against Detroit. **** Detroit and **** Colorado.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
I believe the Flyers chances will be around 95% if both Boston and Detroit lose in regulation. Someone correct if I'm wrong.

PensBrony 6 9*

I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I think manning has actually been playing alright lately. He plays an extremely simple game but he looks a lot more confident and hasn't made any really glaring errors lately. I might even argue that he's looked better than streit

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I believe the Flyers chances will be around 95% if both Boston and Detroit lose in regulation. Someone correct if I'm wrong.

That's correct.

With the Isles losing Hamonic (on top of their other injuries) and their tough schedule, I still think they might be in trouble. Picking up points in their last three did a lot to get them into the playoffs, but they could lose all of their remaining games (vs PIT, vs TB, @ WSH, @ NYR, vs BUF, vs PHI).

Probably only need 1 or 2 points, though, so they're pretty safe at this point.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
I can't believe its reached the point where I'll be disapointed if they don't make it. Also, if the Boston/Detroit game ends in regulation, the most the Flyers will need is 8, regardless of the outcome.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
That's correct.

With the Isles losing Hamonic (on top of their other injuries) and their tough schedule, I still think they might be in trouble. Picking up points in their last three did a lot to get them into the playoffs, but they could lose all of their remaining games (vs PIT, vs TB, @ WSH, @ NYR, vs BUF, vs PHI).

Probably only need 1 or 2 points, though, so they're pretty safe at this point.

For however long he is out, the Islanders are gonna be struggling. Hamonic is the anchor of their defense and a huge part of their team.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I can't believe its reached the point where I'll be disapointed if they don't make it. Also, if the Boston/Detroit game ends in regulation, the most the Flyers will need is 8, regardless of the outcome.

That's assuming the Boston/Wings game ends in regulation. If it's a 3 point game ROWs will play a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad