Can Toronto Sports ever catch a break?

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
“TFC fell off”

OP doesn’t know **** about any sport
LOL didn't they just miss the playoffs this year. Plus coughing away two titles via shootout (2016 MLS finals and the CONCACAF CL Finals) has to be the most Toronto way of losing.

Toronto teams always seem lose in the worst possible ways, and I know every franchise has had its heartbreaks, but most of them make up for that by winning championship(s), which is something TO sports don't

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
LOL didn't they just miss the playoffs this year. Plus coughing away two titles via shootout (2016 MLS finals and the CONCACAF CL Finals) has to be the most Toronto way of losing.

Toronto teams always seem lose in the worst possible ways, and I know every franchise has had its heartbreaks, but most of them make up for that by winning championship(s), which is something TO sports don't

Its like you are completely oblivious as to how hard it is to win a championship in any professional sport. Or that there are cities who have never won a championship in their history.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Its like you are completely oblivious as to how hard it is to win a championship in any professional sport. Or that there are cities who have never won a championship in their history.
It is hard no doubt but still, every other city has at least had one good chance of winning something over the years. Keep in mind, no Toronto team has even seen the finals of any of the 4 major sports in over a quarter century

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Step back from the ledge. The Raps are currently 1st overall in the NBA and the Leafs are currently 2nd overall in the NHL. TFC and the Argos won championships in 2017.

It could be worse...

Reactions: stickty111

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
It's so hard to respond to this. It's so laced with emotion.

I didn't care for how the team was built, I didn't like the style of play, and I thought there were a lot of unlikeable players (did you actually expect most fans to be in love with Batista)?

I'm glad you had fun. I just watched a whole season of stranded runners and live or die homerun baseball.

The team just announced the other day that they are reducing their payroll. Good luck with that.

In 2015 the Jays left the 8th fewest runners on base per game in the majors, as well as had the highest OBP%, 2nd in BB%, 5th lowest K%.

This live and die by the home-run thing people say about the 2015 Jays is completely false, they were a very good hitting club that came up short of championship. The numbers simply do not back this.

People do love Bautista, a loud minority on social media and HF boards don't represent how Jays fans feel about him. The reception he received in his return last year, the send-off he received in his last home game as well as the number of Baustista jerseys around the dome shows this. He one of the all-time franchise greats and will be on the level of excellence.

I can't believe anyone who calls them self a Jays fan didn't enjoy 2015 (and even 2016), if you can enjoy that, then I'm not sure being a sports fan is for you.

Reactions: stickty111

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
In 2015 the Jays left the 8th fewest runners on base per game in the majors, as well as had the highest OBP%, 2nd in BB%, 5th lowest K%.

This live and die by the home-run thing people say about the 2015 Jays is completely false, they were a very good hitting club that came up short of championship. The numbers simply do not back this.

People do love Bautista, a loud minority on social media and HF boards don't represent how Jays fans feel about him. The reception he received in his return last year, the send-off he received in his last home game as well as the number of Baustista jerseys around the dome shows this. He one of the all-time franchise greats and will be on the level of excellence.

I can't believe anyone who calls them self a Jays fan didn't enjoy 2015 (and even 2016), if you can enjoy that, then I'm not sure being a sports fan is for you.

I'm not a baseball fan. I dumped the MLB after their strike/season lockout. I watched a lot when the Jays won their b2b WS championships. After that my interest fell off. Now I can't even believe that I watched a full game at the park and on tv. I simply cannot watch a sport where there are only 2 active players the entire game: pitcher and catcher. The best hitters get on base 30% of the time. The best ones! No thanks.

Sorry, but I don't care much for baseball, bat flips or watching paint dry. We simply will never agree on this recent team.

The goal of an organization is to become a winning culture. There is no evidence of that with this team. 1 season of homeruns if ask me.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
I'm not a baseball fan. I dumped the MLB after their strike/season lockout. I watched a lot when the Jays won their b2b WS championships. After that my interest fell off. Now I can't even believe that I watched a full game at the park and on tv. I simply cannot watch a sport where there are only 2 active players the entire game: pitcher and catcher. The best hitters get on base 30% of the time. The best ones! No thanks.

Sorry, but I don't care much for baseball, bat flips or watching paint dry. We simply will never agree on this recent team.

The goal of an organization is to become a winning culture. There is no evidence of that with this team. 1 season of homeruns if ask me.

That because you have been watching the action in the bull pen, the actual game is played on the field with at least 10 active players for the WHOLE game. :sarcasm:

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Step back from the ledge. The Raps are currently 1st overall in the NBA and the Leafs are currently 2nd overall in the NHL. TFC and the Argos won championships in 2017.

It could be worse...
Leafs still haven't proven anything yet and even the Golden Knights have more finals appearances in one season than any Toronto team in over a quarter century. The Jays are a perennial third wheel to NYY and BOS at best, and the Raps suffer from American bias to extremes, and even then, they get pummelled into oblivion every time they enter the playoffs. They have a better chance at not being pummelled this year with a top 3 talent in Kawhi, but still, no ones stopping GSW and Kawhi is likely leaving this summer

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad