Post-Game Talk: WCQF [GM3] Canucks defeat Predators | 2-1 (Miller & Boeser) | In DeSmith We Trust

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
I walk out my door and look at a lake and a bunch of quails and robins and they look out their door and see alcoholics and despair and just a dump of a city.
Lol move to the country when they show up old boys here make em leave )

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Rather similar to the other game but a couple went in, one early. Mean reversion. Miller and Boeser continue to drive the bus. Zadorov, Cole and Myers were good. Hughes is getting absolutely mauled in this series. DeSmith got noticeably more confident as the game went on.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I'm guessing, and hoping, that the Canucks brass has seen the same things we all have. He isn't a top 2 dman, and should not be paid as such. Zadorov is having a way bigger impact on these playoff games than Hronek. So IMO are Cole and Soucy.

Well, some of them probably live in Red Deer. Maybe even Leduc.
Yup.

I mean look at Tampa.. they signed a 2nd pairing defenseman Sergachev to $8.5M and a middle 6 forward Cirelli to $6.5M contracts which made them unable to sign a bunch of their depth guys.

Signing Hronek to $7.5M (when he’s not a top pairing caliber defenseman) is just bad bad bad. I get that Hronek eats a ton of minutes and is our 2nd best defenseman at offense but his contract asking price doesn’t exactly line up with the type of player he is which is more of a Justin Schultz/Sean Durzi/Shane Gostisbehere than an elite top 4 defender.

Reactions: Indiana and bh53

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Thats as egregious a time for that decision as any. Nobody is anywhere near out of position if he makes the right call and plays his position.

Three mins in the third. Up by two. Dzone Blueline pinch is the wrong play. Period. No other rights answers sry.
I get that. Hronek definitely made a mistake but I see it as mistake leading to a zone entry with possession which sucks. It became part of a sequence that lead to a goal..

Still, if hronek played it conservative and did stay back it wouldn't necessarily prevent the zone entry with possession either. However, maybe hronek wouldn't have lost his check like Lindholm did so there's that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad