Can the Blues go on a cup run?

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I don't know about Blues fans, but if this was the Red Sox, pre-2003, we'd all know that this was just part of the big tease that would end up leaving us disappointed. Don't fall for it Blues fans.
I prefer to think of the Sox's in 04' being down 0-3 to the f***ing Yankee's only to roar back & win 4 straight then go on to sweep the high powered Card;s in the world series.

Reactions: BadNewsBlues
Oct 18, 2011
I think so.

Before the season I thought they may have had the best roster in the west outside of goalie, seems like that's been fixed and now Tarasenko looks healthy again

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Don't know.

When they play right they can beat anybody. The problem is they can fall into bad habits and beat themselves. Witness the first half of the season.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
They certainly have been playing well as of late, but I wonder if they're going to suffer the "peaked too soon" fate. If St. Louis is playing like that on game 82 of the season, they'd be a fearful team to play against.

Reactions: Devonator
Feb 24, 2017
I prefer to think of the Sox's in 04' being down 0-3 to the ****ing Yankee's only to roar back & win 4 straight then go on to sweep the high powered Card;s in the world series.
I so clearly remember that because local radio personality Bob Marjonovich is a hugely smug Yankees fan who used the word “guarantee” like a billion times between game 3 and the yanks being up 3-0, and the end of the series, 4-3 Red Sox. :laugh:

Reactions: STLomacneko

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I so clearly remember that because local radio personality Bob Marjonovich is a hugely smug Yankees fan who used the word “guarantee” like a billion times between game 3 and the yanks being up 3-0, and the end of the series, 4-3 Red Sox. :laugh:
Well in that radio douche's defense before the Red Sox did it in this series against the Yankee's no team in MLB history had ever come back from being down 0-3 to win the series. I believe I'm remembering that correctly.

Feb 24, 2017
Well in that radio *****e's defense before the Red Sox did it in this series against the Yankee's no team in MLB history had ever come back from being down 0-3 to win the series. I believe I'm remembering that correctly.
I believe you are. Correct that is.

I myself had a personal investment in that series. My favourite pitcher, Tim Wakefield was scheduled to pitch game 4 vs. the Yankees. During the 19-8 Yankees game 3 blowout, Wakefield told Sox manager Terry Francona he wanted to give up his start in game 4 so he could go pitch in relief in a lost cause game to soak up innings and give the Sox bullpen some rest.

The Sox bullpen had a huge role in winning the next 4 games vs the yanks and history was made.

It’s one of my favourite sports stories. Especially in redemption, after Wakefield, just the year before, gave up the series ending extra innings game 7 homer to Aaron Boone.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I believe you are. Correct that is.

I myself had a personal investment in that series. My favourite pitcher, Tim Wakefield was scheduled to pitch game 4 vs. the Yankees. During the 19-8 Yankees game 3 blowout, Wakefield told Sox manager Terry Francona he wanted to give up his start in game 4 so he could go pitch in relief in a lost cause game to soak up innings and give the Sox bullpen some rest.

The Sox bullpen had a huge role in winning the next 4 games vs the yanks and history was made.

It’s one of my favourite sports stories. Especially in redemption, after Wakefield, just the year before, gave up the series ending extra innings game 7 homer to Aaron Boone.
Are you by chance a fellow Red Sox fan :popcorn::yo: Bellhorn coming up big, Roberts amazing steal, Papi becoming a god, that series was like a movie! That they went on to sweep the wrested & best team in baseball after that grueling series was just the icing on the cake. I'll never forget Keith Foulke's last pitch, it was surreal for a fan like me that (at that point) had been waiting 18 years (became a fan during the 86' series) for the moment they won it all.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
sheesh does all of hf believe in hf curses? Berube is strictly business operating out of saint Louis and that doesn't mean anyone knows where they are, it just means that some folks know what they are doing.

Me, not personally, ... I look out the window and I see Berube. Berube looks like an Arch. I say to myself "I'm o'really if we thomuzzo fabbrit armacsch enncol twartzes undshevfor dinngton but pie bow me or we dunnmundson? H'yall steeyrousoon. Senkallen."

But what kinda cup do you mean?

Feb 24, 2017
Are you by chance a fellow Red Sox fan :popcorn::yo: Bellhorn coming up big, Roberts amazing steal, Papi becoming a god, that series was like a movie! That they went on to sweep the wrested & best team in baseball after that grueling series was just the icing on the cake. I'll never forget Keith Foulke's last pitch, it was surreal for a fan like me that (at that point) had been waiting 18 years (became a fan during the 86' series) for the moment they won it all.
I’m not a Red Sox fan. That was just one of those “capture your imagination teams”, and had two of my favourites in Timlin and Wakefield. :thumbu:

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
Very impressed with the Blues. They looked dead in the water earlier on in the season. Goes to show you how much goaltending contributes to a winning team. Not only the saves they make, but the confidence a team can play with when they have decent goaltending. When you're constantly worried about every shot going in, it drains you of your energy. Luckily Binnington came up and provided that stability in the net to allow them to go on a run. Now even Allen is getting in on the fun.
Or it could be about having a new coach who has them playing team defense and reducing shots and chances against.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Nashville looks weak right now, think they might be able to pass them. But I think the Jets are going to be playoff ready and be bound for the finals.

But I think it could likely be Tampa's cup this year.

Vincent32

Dec 13, 2018
Nashville looks weak right now, think they might be able to pass them. But I think the Jets are going to be playoff ready and be bound for the finals.

But I think it could likely be Tampa's cup this year.

Nashville does look weak right now but yet they have a better past 10 than winnipeg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad