Can the Blues go on a cup run?

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
I still wonder if the Blues will go after Jimmy Howard. . Just to make sure if Binnington falls they have a dependable guy.

Reactions: Devonator

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
They'll probably face NSH or WPG in the 1st round so I don't think so. I think those teams are a lot better but anything can happen in April. Beauty of hockey compared to a sport like basketball.

Blues just beat Nashville in back to back games. even when shakey jackey was in net. Out played out shot. How can you say Nashville is way better

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I still wonder if the Blues will go after Jimmy Howard. . Just to make sure if Binnington falls they have a dependable guy.

The only way that makes any sense is if Allen is going the other way. And they'd have to pay a team to do that, which seems pretty unlikely.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
The only way that makes any sense is if Allen is going the other way. And they'd have to pay a team to do that, which seems pretty unlikely.

Why would it be unlikely? Pretty sure he’s not going to be here next year either way.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Why would it be unlikely? Pretty sure he’s not going to be here next year either way.

Nobody wants Allen and the Blues will probably have to pay too much to get them to take him. That would be fine if they were upgrading a position of need or protecting their lineup via essential cap space, but you're talking about upgrading their backup goalie. That's bad business.

Reactions: TK 421

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I hope so. I'll support the Blues to the Final. If they play the Leafs, I will be supporting the Leafs obviously.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Nobody wants Allen and the Blues will probably have to pay too much to get them to take him. That would be fine if they were upgrading a position of need or protecting their lineup via essential cap space, but you're talking about upgrading their backup goalie. That's bad business.

Still doesn’t answer my question. He’s going to be gone no matter what. What’s the difference when it happens? If Lehtera can be traded, so can Jake Allen.

And making your team better is never “bad business”.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Lol. The West is absolutely not wide open. It is wide open to determine who will play SJ in the WCF. That's about it.
the west is wide open, any of the top 6 teams could win it. the sharks goaltending is about as impressive as jake allen was earlier this season. the west has been wide open for the past 3 seasons and this season is no different.

west hasnt had a powerhouse team since the hawks 4 years ago.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Still doesn’t answer my question. He’s going to be gone no matter what. What’s the difference when it happens? If Lehtera can be traded, so can Jake Allen.

And making your team better is never “bad business”.

It definitely answers your question, the answer just isn't convincing to you, seemingly because you're convinced that Allen is gone. What's your proof? Why can't he just remain the back-up?

Of course Allen can be traded. But if you examine your example, the Lehtera trade, he was moved in a deal for Schenn, in which the Blues upgraded a position of need. If the Blues don't have to pay someone to take Allen, or they can't clearly benefit by doing so, they're not going to bother doing it. Overpaying to get a rental backup is a potential benefit, but not a very clear benefit. And those types of unloading deals tend to happen in the off-season rather than at the deadline.

"Making your team better" in this case is extremely relative. If you have to send valuable draft picks or prospects to get such a deal done, you're losing assets, which is how you keep your team good. And if you're doing that, why not upgrade a position of greater importance?

I'm all in favor of moving Allen, but you're the one who believes it's a foregone conclusion that he's gone, yet I'm the one who has to convince you it's unlikely that the Blues manage to trade him for a rental for an extra price Armstrong will pay?

Reactions: ItsOnlytheRiver

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
If they keep this up till playoff time and avoid injuries they would be terrifying to play against for any team in the West.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
From firesale to cuprun, what a rollercoaster season! 1st round exit because both nsh and wpg will wake up for the playoffs!

Reactions: Sushiko

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
QhoOKQp.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad