Can the Blues go on a cup run?

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
It still boggles my mind that they got a number one center, and didnt have to give up any of their top prospects. Insanity.

Reactions: MB11 and gab6511

Ty Dolla

Jan 1, 2018
Very impressed with the Blues. They looked dead in the water earlier on in the season. Goes to show you how much goaltending contributes to a winning team. Not only the saves they make, but the confidence a team can play with when they have decent goaltending. When you're constantly worried about every shot going in, it drains you of your energy. Luckily Binnington came up and provided that stability in the net to allow them to go on a run. Now even Allen is getting in on the fun.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Threads like this are pointless. Any team that gets in the playoffs could win the Cup. You need to play your best, get the right bounces and have a hot goalie at the right time. The Blues are capable of that, but so is just about everyone else.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
It still boggles my mind that they got a number one center, and didnt have to give up any of their top prospects. Insanity.
Well at the time Thompson and kostin. We're arguably 3-4 top prospect. Thompson is 21 and they got a 1st pick as well.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Very impressed with the Blues. They looked dead in the water earlier on in the season. Goes to show you how much goaltending contributes to a winning team. Not only the saves they make, but the confidence a team can play with when they have decent goaltending. When you're constantly worried about every shot going in, it drains you of your energy. Luckily Binnington came up and provided that stability in the net to allow them to go on a run. Now even Allen is getting in on the fun.
I think Berube deserves a ton of credit. His system is effective against the best teams in the Nhl. The defensive side works against faster smaller teams and the offensive side with cycling works as well. We have been dominating in puck possession and shots. Don't get me wrong Winnington is a tremendous help but our team fixed it's two biggest holes from beginning of the season. Coach and goalie.

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018
giphy.gif

Reactions: Sushiko

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
The Blues are a very good team playing excellent hockey.

So yes.

....nevermind they just allowed 2 goals in 30 seconds it's over.

Reactions: Sushiko

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Just get in and you have a chance.

We’ve seen 7 seeds get to the Cup Final and an 8 seed won a Cup

alekseyk

Apr 28, 2013
Look, I'm probably one of the oldest Blues fans on these boards. I was a naive enthusiastic 13 year old fool, when I watched Gretzky carelessly lose a puck at the blue-line and felt my face wet with tears as I learned that, yes Jon Casey was in-fact like an actual proper stand-up goalie and that this moment of immense heartbreak was just a bit of hazing that comes with becoming a life-long fan of the franchise. But oh how wrong I was, endless incidents of emotional evisceration (including probably one of your best all time player literally burning alive awash in jet fuel) have rendered a void of zero anticipation or general hope.

The only...and i mean ONLY minute glimpses of catharsis that this franchise has ever given us as a fan base that started watching them in the early 90s, was the revenge series win against that f***ing insufferable Sharks and Stars teams in '01, and at least to me, the last euphoric shot into the vain of hope with the game 7 win against the Hawks in '16.

Any Blues fans that even consider this run as something indicative of a path out of purgatory are in a state of delusion. I for one, know only one thing in my heart of hearts. As nature finds a way, the Blues will find a new way to question the very nature of sports fandome.

Last edited:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Make the playoffs first, then see how the rookie goalie fairs. He may go Patty Roy, or implode under the pressure. Its a good story no matter what happens, more so than Hart IMO.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
Make the playoffs first, then see how the rookie goalie fairs. He may go Patty Roy, or implode under the pressure. Its a good story no matter what happens, more so than Hart IMO.

Hart’s been good but Binner is one of the main reasons this is all going on.

Reactions: kingsfan28

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
San Jose is by far the best team in the West. Something would have to go very wrong for them not to win the West.

We do have quadriplegic Ray Charles in goal. If someone’s goalie goes Tim Thomas on the Sharks in the playoffs then we’re probably boned. Jones isn’t inspiring a lot of confidence in this fan base

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Objectively. No, but they will make the playoffs and be a very tough match. Their D system is impeccable. Hopefully (for their sake) Binnington keeps it up.

They are going to give team fits.

Reactions: Devonator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad