Can Lucic bounce back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Lucic doesn't do any of the bold well. Most of it terribly.

He's the worst forward on the team defensively. He's terrible along the wall with the puck losing the majority of puck battles. His compete level is better under Hitch than it had been previously, but it's still nothing to write home about, he loves to skate around with one hand on his stick and waive it around aimlessly.

You're damn right there is vitriol for this player. He's contributing at the level of a Luke Gazdic type player. For a full time NHLer that is unacceptable regardless of the amount of money he's making.

Disagree...especially since Hitch took over. I have seen a much improved Lucic the last 12 games.

Gazdic...lol
Obviously he isnt a value contract but he is not Luke Gazdic. Talk about hyperbole.

Last edited:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Yeah. Now that Lucic has been put in the proper role he has been doing much better. The effort is there for sure. We all know the contract sucks but I wouldn't trade him... at least not yet. He's contributing on a nightly basis. I wouldn't want to roll the dice on what we could get for a return on him. (Cough, cough.. Chia)

I agree.
I am not saying that Lucic doesn't need to score goals...he obviously does. I am just pointing out the reluctance in these parts to acknowledge the improvement in his play under Hitch.
I think is a huge improvement.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Lucic looks waaaaay better since hitch started. Kassian and him seem to hold the offensive Zone crashing around quite well. Even set up some scoring chances. Brodziak has the goal scoring hands of a trex mind you.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Some random drunk guy on Jasper Avenue told me that Lucic was going to go PPG for the rest of the season.

Prove him right, Looch...prove him right

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Disagree...especially since Hitch took over. I have seen a much improved Lucic the last 12 games.

Gazdic...lol
Obviously he isnt a value contract but he is not Luke Gazdic. Talk about hyperbole.

It's insulting to gadzic to compare him to Lucic. Guy is the most useless player in the league.

I've also heard he usually the first one off the ice at practice.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
There's nothing this guy does for the Oilers. Not a damn thing.

I wish I could be in Lucic's skates. Just go out there, hit someone, lose the puck, shoot the puck from random places, and skate slow. Rinse and repeat while getting awarded 6M. He's as useless as Andrew Ference. Two bruin trash.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
This guy's head is too far up his ass at this point. He bought into the "2018 isn't my year!" thing and basically has checked out. Maybe he'll try next year.

space321

May 11, 2011
If Eberle could be turned into a useful player without the puck by Hitch then I would agree.

An Eberle that stands still without the puck is miles better than this Lucic (according to you) that is "...doing those things right now so at least he is contributing". I'd argue that Lucic isn't contributing anything at all.

I like how you talk as if scoring doesn't matter. News flash, the game is won on goals, not hits. Sure, just take away Eberle's goals so you can give him and Lucic an even playing ground lol. Why don't we compare Lucic to other one dimensional scorers too? How about Laine? Take away his goals and he's basically worse than Lucic. Do you realize how ridiculous your argument is when the first criteria is the ignore scoring?

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Being paid 3 million dollars per goal.
Im not even mad thats amazing 18122018224243.jpg

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It's insulting to gadzic to compare him to Lucic. Guy is the most useless player in the league.

I've also heard he usually the first one off the ice at practice.

Yeah whatever man. Nonsense post.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
An Eberle that stands still without the puck is miles better than this Lucic (according to you) that is "...doing those things right now so at least he is contributing". I'd argue that Lucic isn't contributing anything at all.

I like how you talk as if scoring doesn't matter. News flash, the game is won on goals, not hits. Sure, just take away Eberle's goals so you can give him and Lucic an even playing ground lol. Why don't we compare Lucic to other one dimensional scorers too? How about Laine? Take away his goals and he's basically worse than Lucic. Do you realize how ridiculous your argument is when the first criteria is the ignore scoring?

I like how you dont seem to comprehend my post.

I never said or "acted" like scoring doesn't matter. I simply recognized and underscored other elements that actually do matter when a player isnt scoring..

Seems to have upset a few posters...lol

Marpole Dealer

Dec 19, 2014
Lucic was never the best skater, even when he was young. He is 30 years old, and he is not getting any faster. His hands are gone, and without the ability to keep up in todays NHL, he is an anchor. I remember all the morons who were planning our parade route when we signed him. The line repeated over and over again was "Gretzky had Semenko, and now McDavid has Lucic, here come the Stanley Cups. What those morons are too dumb to realise, is that this isn't the NHL of the 80's. Being a one dimensional player, with only the ability to fight, doesn't work in todays NHL. I want to see all the morons who compared Lucic to Semenko, and expected Stanley Cups to just start rolling in, to stand up and admit they don't know what the hell they're talking about. This season, and 4 more @$6 million per. OUCH!!

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Lucic was never the best skater, even when he was young. He is 30 years old, and he is not getting any faster. His hands are gone, and without the ability to keep up in todays NHL, he is an anchor. I remember all the morons who were planning our parade route when we signed him. The line repeated over and over again was "Gretzky had Semenko, and now McDavid has Lucic, here come the Stanley Cups. What those morons are too dumb to realise, is that this isn't the NHL of the 80's. Being a one dimensional player, with only the ability to fight, doesn't work in todays NHL. I want to see all the morons who compared Lucic to Semenko, and expected Stanley Cups to just start rolling in, to stand up and admit they don't know what the hell they're talking about. This season, and 4 more @$6 million per. OUCH!!

It's not really 6 mill per actual salary for 4 more years though, at least the contract is front loaded especially after July 1 of next summer.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
I'd be totally open to paying 1m to get someone to pay him 3m and leave our books.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Gazdic...lol
I don't think it is all that hyperbolic. Maybe a Rob Klinkhammer type.

The "identity" line is your typical 4th line grinder line. It's the newest re-iteration of the "wagon" line we had with Hendricks-Gordon-whoever.
At least Brodziak and Kassian kill some penalties...

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
what about the other 2m?

$1 million retention after July 1, 2019 (when his bonus is paid out)

Leaves

In actual salary remaining for the 4 years left on his contract. So basically its about $3 mill/season average if the Oilers retain $1 mill after July 1.

Since the team acquiring him likely would be a team wanting to "cheat" to the cap floor the actual cap hit is largely immaterial anyway.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
$1 million retention after July 1, 2019 (when his bonus is paid out)

Leaves

In actual salary remaining for the 4 years left on his contract. So basically its about $3 mill/season average if the Oilers retain $1 mill after July 1.

Since the team acquiring him likely would be a team wanting to "cheat" to the cap floor the actual cap hit is largely immaterial anyway.
When I google it... it says 6 mill cap hit every year. I’m not picken up what you are putting down.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
When I google it... it says 6 mill cap hit every year. I’m not picken up what you are putting down.

Use Cap Friendly, not Google.

Milan Lucic - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

His remaining salary after this year is

6 mill
4 mill
5 mill
4 mill

HOWEVER, on July 1, 2019, he gets a $3 mill signing bonus. So the actual salary after that, PLUS the Oilers retaining an additional $1 mill/year becomes

2 mill (3 mill to a bonus and -1 mill retained)
3 mill
4 mill
3 mill

Got it?

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Use Cap Friendly, not Google.

Milan Lucic - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

His remaining salary after this year is

6 mill
4 mill
5 mill
4 mill

HOWEVER, on July 1, 2019, he gets a $3 mill signing bonus. So the actual salary after that, PLUS the Oilers retaining an additional $1 mill/year becomes

2 mill (3 mill to a bonus and -1 mill retained)
3 mill
4 mill
3 mill

Got it?
Sort of haha thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad