Can Lucic bounce back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pabst blue ribbon

🇺🇦🤝🇵🇱
Oct 26, 2015
PG
Dating back to last year, Lucic is shooting 5.9%

That's hilariously bad considering that he played a significant portion of games alongside McDavid and was the net front guy on the first PP unit

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Bet he wouldn't be in the everyday lineup.
Exactly this. The only reason why Lucic is even on this team is because of that $6M albatross. If you didn't know who he was and were told he was a $1M 4th liner he'd have ended up in the minors within a month of the season starting.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Yes, at 15 goals a year, it would be tolerable. But that's not the reality, is it? He's on pace for 2 , maybe 3 with a bounce or two. I hope he finds it too (whatever it is), as I really like the guy and wish him the best. But as mentioned, the current reality is that he, Kassian, and others are part of the problem with lack of production, and the trickle down effect is the top guys are overplayed because of it.
He isn't going anywhere this year. His salary isn't going to change. He's been physically engaged all season and has embraced a lesser role. He has done everything well except manage to put the puck in the net himself. I believe at some point the same switch that was magically and without reason flicked off will be flicked back on. Does he return to the 50 point player he was? Doubtful. Can he continue to be a positive contributor to this team regardless of the goals? I think so.

We all know what he makes. We all know he isnt scoring. He is what he currently is and everyone is well aware of it. People need to get over it because continuing to whine about the same shit game after game isn't going to do anything. Again, if he wasn't making 6 million, I don't think half the people who bag on him would even bother opening their yaps.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
He isn't going anywhere this year. His salary isn't going to change. He's been physically engaged all season and has embraced a lesser role. He has done everything well except manage to put the puck in the net himself. I believe at some point the same switch that was magically and without reason flicked off will be flicked back on. Does he return to the 50 point player he was? Doubtful. Can he continue to be a positive contributor to this team regardless of the goals? I think so.

We all know what he makes. We all know he isnt scoring. He is what he currently is and everyone is well aware of it. People need to get over it because continuing to whine about the same **** game after game isn't going to do anything. Again, if he wasn't making 6 million, I don't think half the people who bag on him would even bother opening their yaps.
If he wasn't making $6M and didn't have the name Lucic he wouldn't be in this league.

He's been awful for an entire season's worth of hockey. Like... genuinely the worst full time forward in the league levels of awful. He's not positively contributing to this team. On top of being the worst forward on the team offensively he's also the worst forward on the team defensively. Throwing a bunch of hits does not make you a positive contributor when you're f***ing garbage at every other aspect of the game.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
If he wasn't making $6M and didn't have the name Lucic he wouldn't be in this league.

He's been awful for an entire season's worth of hockey. Like... genuinely the worst full time forward in the league levels of awful. He's not positively contributing to this team. On top of being the worst forward on the team offensively he's also the worst forward on the team defensively. Throwing a bunch of hits does not make you a positive contributor when you're ****ing garbage at every other aspect of the game.
Lol apparently you and hitch see his contributions and defensive abilities differently. Hmm who to trust...

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
The only thing he does well is backcheck, and that’s only noticeable because his line never scores and every shift they lose poession and have to backcheck

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Lol apparently you and hitch see his contributions and defensive abilities differently. Hmm who to trust...
Lol, what do you expect Hitch to say about him? Throw him under the bus? These are the cards he's been dealt and he has to deal with them. Try to get the best return from a 6 million dollar anchor contract, whatever little that may be. He's got chicken poop, and there is no way he can turn it into chicken soup, so some fertilizer is the best he can do. I'm sure he has internal thoughts about certain situations and players that he is not going to divulge to the media or you and me.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Lol, what do you expect Hitch to say about him? Throw him under the bus? These are the cards he's been dealt and he has to deal with them. Try to get the best return from a 6 million dollar anchor contract, whatever little that may be. I'm sure he has internal thoughts about certain situations and players that he is not going to divulge to the media or you and me.
I’m talking more of when he puts lucic on the ice rather than what he says in interviews. Anyways I ignored this thread because it’s not even a conversation anymore. Just repeated senseless comments.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I’m talking more of when he puts lucic on the ice rather than what he says in interviews. Anyways I ignored this thread because it’s not even a conversation anymore. Just repeated senseless comments.

Wow, thanks for the compliment. I'm obviously including his actions of putting Lucic on the ice, which coincide with what he says in his interviews. And he really has little choice.

Last edited:

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
Only if Lucic would agree to coming up with an excuse to not play in NHL anymore so he could go on LTIR. Or the next compliance buyout is next summer. The dreams.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
He will not paly his contract in Edmonton. He can be bought out as soon as the next offseason. Though more realistic is 2020. I believe that he can play in the identity line one more year. After that he will lose other aspects of his game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad