Can Lucic bounce back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
I have been lucky enough to travel a lot in my life and there's literally nowhere I would rather live than right here in Canada. New Zealand and Hawaii are the only places that I would remotely consider.

Just one opinion but I know quite a few people who feel the same way.
That's fine and good for you and those people. Not surprising you find yourself among like minded people. That's natural.

Note that you don't comment that you "can't understand why anyone would want to live in the USA"... particularly a 18-35 year old professional athlete millionaire.

Generally speaking people are incredibly ignorant and filter the limited information they get (even when visiting) thru a strong confirmation bias. In addition not really living in a place or spending at least 3+ weeks means you know very little about the realities of living there (pro & con).

CageRage

Aug 15, 2009
That's fine and good for you and those people. Not surprising you find yourself among like minded people. That's natural.

Note that you don't comment that you "can't understand why anyone would want to live in the USA"... particularly a 18-35 year old professional athlete millionaire.

Generally speaking people are incredibly ignorant and filter the limited information they get (even when visiting) thru a strong confirmation bias. In addition not really living in a place or spending at least 3+ weeks means you know very little about the realities of living there (pro & con).

True enough, a millionaire athlete would have a significantly different experience (private schools, high end neighbourhoods, etc.) and that is basically the discussion, so you have a point. However I can only speak from my point of view, and in my experience there is no way in hell I would live in most of the USA. Yes, I am probably ignorant and biased just like everyone else.

Reactions: TheStroker

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I lived in the ****-hole known as Los Angeles.
It's the worst place on the planet. I'd go into the racism, police brutality, chauvanism but i don't want to write an essay.

St.Louis has a travel Advisory:
NAACP Missouri travel advisory is the first issued for a state - CNN

Florida lol. Fun place to visit. But it's still the place where some drugged out dude ate a homeless man's face, got shot twice and kept eating his face.
Florida Man | Daily Headlines about Florida Man, the Worst Superhero Ever.

Btw, I have a daughter, and I don't want her getting shot during school. Kinda surprised you wouldn't mind getting your kids shot, but to each their own I guess.

The US blows. Yes I've lived there. I love visiting. New York would be fun, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Hawaii is the best place on the planet. Only place in the US I'd ever want to live. And yes I've visited most of the cities with an NHL team (not Buffalo, Tampa, Columbus, Detroit, or Minny).
This post is even stupider the second time than it was the first - when it got deleted by moderators.
Anyone - and I mean anyone - who thinks LA is the 'worst place on the planet' is only revealing how little they know of the world.

Reactions: HugginThePost

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Milan Lucic gets 24 goals 24 assists this year.

I think it's very doable. Leading up to the ASG, Looch had 30 points in 49 games. i.e.. completely in-line with his normal production (ca. 50 points over 82 games).
I know a lot has been written about his weight, his speed, conditioning etc., but a player doesn't just suddenly lose his abilities like that. Listening to his post exit interview media availability, it's clear that a lot of it boils down to confidence.

A good summer of training and coming into the season with the right frame of mind could do wonders for this player. I see him bouncing back and becoming a productive 2/3LW for this club.

Reactions: Throttlehead

JariCurry

Sep 10, 2005
This post is even stupider the second time than it was the first - when it got deleted by moderators.
Anyone - and I mean anyone - who thinks LA is the 'worst place on the planet' is only revealing how little they know of the world.

Word. After 5 years actually living and working in latin america I can only chuckle when people complain about racism, Chuavanism, poverty, violence etc in the USA... Live in the States now btw and it's great

Businesswise it blows anywhere else out of the water...

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Hope so but I'm pretty jaded with this team and they don't have a good history of getting players to bounce back.
Once they shit the bed.. the bed stays shit for the most part.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I know people want Lucic to lose weight and does too, but like he's said in the past he does have a more dense bone structure. Really should be seeing that guy that Draisitl saw. Lucic needs to work on first step and using his edges to the max

You know the whole saying that old people tell you "let the saw do the work"? That's what Lucic needs to do, "let the skates do the work"

Reactions: Laodongxi

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
That would be a decent bounce back season, and wouldn't seem to be out of the realm of possibility given his historical numbers.

I think 24-24-48 would be more than decent. That would be a great season. He was 'only' 23-27-50 his first season with the Oilers and he definitely looked like a top six forward in 2016-17.

If Looch plays well to score 48 points it solves a lot of problems as he would be definitely playing at a 2LW level.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
I was 34 when I went. I wasn't looking to party though. I'm done with that phase. I meant more going out to a restaurant later with friends. I loved Maui

Dohilers

Dec 18, 2011
BC
Lucic believes he’s in right mind to have a bounce-back year with Oilers

Saw this in The Province this morning. He hasn't slimmed down, he thinks his skating wasn't an issue last year, but he's worked on getting his mindset back to where it needs to be for him to be successful. I hope that's all it takes for him to turn things around, otherwise, things are going to get really ugly in the press/fanbase in a hurry.

Reactions: Del Preston

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Lucic believes he’s in right mind to have a bounce-back year with Oilers

Saw this in The Province this morning. He hasn't slimmed down, he thinks his skating wasn't an issue last year, but he's worked on getting his mindset back to where it needs to be for him to be successful. I hope that's all it takes for him to turn things around, otherwise, things are going to get really ugly in the press/fanbase in a hurry.
I think he's right. The dropoff after Christmas was gigantic but it wasn't because the game suddenly got faster or he got slower.

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I think he's right. There drop-off after Christmas was gigantic but it wasn't because the game suddenly got faster or he got slower.

Only he knows what really went wrong for him last season. That said I hope that he doesn't feel that he has no room for improvement in his game.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I think he's right. There drop-off after Christmas was gigantic but it wasn't because the game suddenly got faster or he got slower.

I agree.
The narrative that he suddenly couldn't keep up is nonsense.
It makes no sense what so ever.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
I also agree. There's only so much weight you can lose, even for a pro athlete. 8.5% body fat is not bad at all. Probably leaner than 99.9% of the population.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Lucic has never been particularly speedy and has still been effective in the past.

Saying that... a leaner, meaner and somewhat speedier wrecking ball on the ice would be pretty fantastic to watch.

If Kassian and Lucic can both play that type of game more often this upcoming season... not sure about more wins but I know the entertainment level would certainly be higher.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don't think he's ever gonna score 20 goals here again, people are just gonna have to deal with it.

I hope he brings more toughness to the table though at least. He doesn't read well off McDavid or Draisaitl, that's not going to change, and before anyone brings it up again, Lucic's advanced stats with Draisaitl are worse than his with McDavid.

They are one of the worst combinations on the team period. Leon needs someone who reads plays fast and doesn't have plays die on his stick, Lucic is not that player, not even if he loses 10 pounds. The problem is his style of play doesn't mesh with our top two Cs and RNH is probably stapled to McDavid so Lucic is gonna have to figure it out with Strome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad