Player Discussion Can Lucic bounce back? Part II

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Lucic is an AHL player, put him on waivers if you want to win. He is not good enough to be in the NHL. He can't skate fast enough, he isn't skillful enough to be in the NHL. He is only in the NHL because the management has to justify overpaying an AHL player 6 million.
He only gets worse and worse, he has no motivation to play at his best - he is signed long term to 6 million, and shows up and does not need to bring his best to the arena. If he's actually bringing his best that's even worse, that means he will never get better than an AHL level.

We don't need a big moose on the ice that can't skate, shoot the puck or do anything worthwhile. We need Taylor Hall or Jordan Eberle who are payed the same amount and are top 6 forwards on their respective teams, and easily can be projected to continue this.

When Lucic was signed it was easy to project he would never be good. He's never had the skill to be a top 6 forward. He was signed because Chiarelli is personally in love with him - but that's not how you win games.

Fire the GM, Lowe and MacTavish for selling all the assets for pocket change, or the team will never improve.
Yawn , everybody knows this but has no real solution. Out of the fans hands anyway unless they revolt and boycott the team.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I sort of wonder if Lucic took the deal a) thinking he would play with McDavid and b) thinking Lombardi would trade for him once the cap went up.

Backfired.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Why won't the gutless media ask when thus sack of garbage gets a night in the press box?

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Gotta love how he does absolutely nothing to Doughty who elbowed McDavid in the face. Leave this pathetic ass player in LA so he can go back with his real friends. Most useless Oiler since Patrick O'Sullivan.

Reactions: TB12 and Heavy Dee

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
At this point, the best case is he cites his pre-existing back condition and agrees to go on LTIR for the remainder of his contract. All he has to state is that the back pain has reached an unbearable point with his Scheuermann's disease.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Lucic is an AHL player, put him on waivers if you want to win. He is not good enough to be in the NHL. He can't skate fast enough, he isn't skillful enough to be in the NHL. He is only in the NHL because the management has to justify overpaying an AHL player 6 million.
He only gets worse and worse, he has no motivation to play at his best - he is signed long term to 6 million, and shows up and does not need to bring his best to the arena. If he's actually bringing his best that's even worse, that means he will never get better than an AHL level.

We don't need a big moose on the ice that can't skate, shoot the puck or do anything worthwhile. We need Taylor Hall or Jordan Eberle who are payed the same amount and are top 6 forwards on their respective teams, and easily can be projected to continue this.

When Lucic was signed it was easy to project he would never be good. He's never had the skill to be a top 6 forward. He was signed because Chiarelli is personally in love with him - but that's not how you win games.

Fire the GM, Lowe and MacTavish for selling all the assets for pocket change, or the team will never improve.
You do know that Lucic can't be placed on waivers right?

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Lucic can be put in the press box any time now. OBC and NHL false loyalty keeps this from happening though.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Gotta love how he does absolutely nothing to Doughty who elbowed McDavid in the face. Leave this pathetic ass player in LA so he can go back with his real friends. Most useless Oiler since Patrick O'Sullivan.
What is he supposed to do? Go assault doughty and have you complain that he took a dumb penalty?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I think the worse Lucic plays, the more power he is giving himself, because it makes the Oilers more desperate to move him.

If we show that we badly badly want him off the books, he can just say, sorry guys, not waving my NMC, you can buy me out instead. His buyout is very rich, it would be the smartest move on his part. Some guys lose out on a lot of potential money with a buyout if they expect they are gonna have to resign for some near league minimum deal to get back in the league. But not a guy like Lucic with a bonus filled contract. He will be laughing.

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
I think the worse Lucic plays, the more power he is giving himself, because it makes the Oilers more desperate to move him.

If we show that we badly badly want him off the books, he can just say, sorry guys, not waving my NMC, you can buy me out instead. His buyout is very rich, it would be the smartest move on his part. Some guys lose out on a lot of potential money with a buyout if they expect they are gonna have to resign for some near league minimum deal to get back in the league. But not a guy like Lucic with a bonus filled contract. He will be laughing.
It backfires when you end up in Robidas Island.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
It backfires when you end up in Robidas Island.

Player has to be on board with it and have a real ailment though. Lucic can fight the team if they try to banish him. We don't have Lou with the power to give him an offer he can't refuse. Our org is full of alcoholics, not tough guys.

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
Player has to be on board with it and have a real ailment though. Lucic can fight the team if they try to banish him. We don't have Lou with the power to give him an offer he can't refuse. Our org is full of alcoholics, not tough guys.
If we had a GM and owner with some balls, it’s be possible, but yeah you’re right.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
This team has a lot of awful players but at least they put in an honest effort. Since I started watching the Oilers there have only been 3 players who have noticeably not given a f*** on the ice. POS, Schultz at the end of his tenure here, and Lucic.

There are a lot of people in this city who work hard to be able to afford the overpriced tickets to Oilers games and it's f***ing horseshit that the 6 million dollar man can't be bothered to put in an effort on the ice. Waive this f***ing goon, he can ride the bus and mope in Bakersfield. There are tons of players on our AHL squad that are better players and would actually relish the opportunity to play in the best league in the world. Lucic is a piece of shit that shouldn't play another game in an Oilers jersey. I actually hope he gets booed during our next home game, he deserves it. And to think we got rid of Hall, a player who wanted to be here, to make room for him.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Rob Brown in the postgame ripped into Lucic harder than I can really remember anyone on 630 going after him before.

Finally.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
If he can't be waived then just PB him for the remainder of his contract. Humiliate him into leaving.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Lucic is the biggest problem on this team right now. He has checked out and thats a huge deal because of the cap space he takes up and also because he was expected to provide a significant amount of secondary scoring.
Lastly he was supposed to be a leader on this team. A veteran core player that the younger players like McDavid and Draisaitl can rely on when things get tough.
Instead he has been a player the has contributed to the negativity.
He is a liability and IMO he is by far Chias biggest mistake.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

so pull the ol' cocaine in your backpack dean lombardi special.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
What did he say?
He said Lucic got kicked out on purpose. Rob said that Lucic at the end of the game decided that he’d had enough and just picked on a 4th liner who isn’t tough and slashed him a few times so he’d get kicked out. The co-host asked him if that was on purpose and Brown said it was brutal how Lucic just didn’t want to play anymore tonight so he just did enough to get kicked out.

Rob seemed pretty upset with Lucic and basically said it was about him and not the team at that point. Can’t remember him going after Lucic like that before.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
He said Lucic got kicked out on purpose. Rob said that Lucic at the end of the game decided that he’d had enough and just picked on a 4th liner who isn’t tough and slashed him a few times so he’d get kicked out. The co-host asked him if that was on purpose and Brown said it was brutal how Lucic just didn’t want to play anymore tonight so he just did enough to get kicked out.

Rob seemed pretty upset with Lucic and basically said it was about him and not the team at that point. Can’t remember him going after Lucic like that before.

Thanks for the summary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad