Player Discussion Can Lucic bounce back? Part II

space321

May 11, 2011
Sitting him has to be an option after tonight’s gutless performance right?

That's what we thought since like last March. It's insane how he hasn't been scratched even ONCE as a wake-up call or whatever over the past year where he scored 2 goals.

He needs to be more than scratched, keep him as far away from the rest of the team as possible.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He said Lucic got kicked out on purpose. Rob said that Lucic at the end of the game decided that he’d had enough and just picked on a 4th liner who isn’t tough and slashed him a few times so he’d get kicked out. The co-host asked him if that was on purpose and Brown said it was brutal how Lucic just didn’t want to play anymore tonight so he just did enough to get kicked out.

Rob seemed pretty upset with Lucic and basically said it was about him and not the team at that point. Can’t remember him going after Lucic like that before.

That totally resonates with me. I was disgusted with what Lucic did. He clearly wanted an out rather than have to answer the bell against some of his buddies.
He showed that he isnt a teammate with any integrity tonight. He acted like a coward IMO.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
That's what we thought since like last March. It's insane how he hasn't been scratched even ONCE as a wake-up call or whatever over the past year where he scored 2 goals.

He needs to be more than scratched, keep him as far away from the rest of the team as possible.
I really don’t understand how this player continues to escape accountability. This was the perfect game for him to show he cares and he did the exact opposite. He’s a gutless boob who should be forced to retire sans paycheck.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
I think we can stick a fork in Lucic at this point.

Dude is just past it. His attitude from a fan perspective is garbage, his play is garbage and his disease is probably giving him issues.

Time to retire dude.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Lucic is an embarrassment. Worst part is last night he basically told his LA friends to do as you will against McDavid, I don’t care. I can’t imagine this goes over well in the Oilers dressing room, to which he should never be allowed in again.

Sit Lucic for the rest of his career. Any 90 lb Peewee player would be a better “enforcer” than him at this point. His soft as butter attitude shows in multiple ways:

- Powerplay: he is too scared to stand in front of the net went the shot from the point comes, so telegraphs the shot to the goalie,
- Standing Up: he was afraid to stand up to Doughty last night, and friend or no friend, Doughty laughed at him as much as McDavid.

What a way to end your career, as a p***y.

Reactions: McWeber

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
When Habs fan had enough of a player. They boo'ed him everytime he touched the puck until he got traded.

We can't even do that with Lucic because he's such a non factor out there.
Not only that but IF he scores a goal on home ice ever again he’s going to get a standing ovation..:ha:

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I really don’t understand how this player continues to escape accountability. This was the perfect game for him to show he cares and he did the exact opposite. He’s a gutless boob who should be forced to retire sans paycheck.

That’s the point I tried to make for ages. There is no accountability. When Puju messed up under Todd, he was in the PB. Any rookies, that is what happened. Lucic , let’s face it has been playing like garbage and they keep playing him. What’s this show to your younger players?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I'm officially done with him.

Took me a long, long time but after what I've read last night about how Doughty and Carter were taking open liberties on Connor and he took the "I was peeling an orange" approach, he can stay in Cali.

Maybe the Oilers can loan him to a team in the KHL. There are always loopholes in legal documents, you just need a saavy enough lawyer to find it and exploit it.

Reactions: TB12

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Can Lucic agree to terminate his contract if he wants out bad enough? (Berglund comes to mind). Let him rot in the press box and ask himself if the money is worth it.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
We bought out Gryba because we didn’t want to hurt his feelings, who could have been buried to save all his cap hit. This org is full of cowards that think a good GM quality is that other GM’s like him. We will probably give in and buy Lucic out.

Reactions: McWeber

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He said Lucic got kicked out on purpose. Rob said that Lucic at the end of the game decided that he’d had enough and just picked on a 4th liner who isn’t tough and slashed him a few times so he’d get kicked out. The co-host asked him if that was on purpose and Brown said it was brutal how Lucic just didn’t want to play anymore tonight so he just did enough to get kicked out.

Rob seemed pretty upset with Lucic and basically said it was about him and not the team at that point. Can’t remember him going after Lucic like that before.

Yep, thanks. Exactly my take. Liepsic is a non dirty player that is 174lbs. The smallest player in the kings lineup. This would be like Kyle Clifford going after Ryan Spooner to fight. It was that bad.

How is this not being dealt with by the team? Lucic needs to be scratched. somebody has to take action and show some balls. My own take is that the org is fearful of dealing with Lucic as they should because they are fearful he may totally unravel. I think he's been maybe privy to something or the org is white gloving him because of Chiarelli. We've had 13mths now of trying to coax some different play out of him. Its ridiculous. He has to be out of the lineup. he has to be embarrassed.

My take is the org is scared now what to do with Lucic because he's already such a tirefire. It seems they think he might turn it around if only they keep positive about him forever. This seems to be the memo and even Connor McDavid voicing it. But the org probably knows if they throw Lucic under the bus (they should) that its really going to get messy. But theres no other option. Lucic should be out of the lineup for several games.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'm officially done with him.

Took me a long, long time but after what I've read last night about how Doughty and Carter were taking open liberties on Connor and he took the "I was peeling an orange" approach, he can stay in Cali.

Maybe the Oilers can loan him to a team in the KHL. There are always loopholes in legal documents, you just need a saavy enough lawyer to find it and exploit it.

Its interesting. Some people are saying that Lucic has friends in LA still. I'm not convinced its the Kings. I know he hangs with other sports star players around there and trains with them but I'm not sure how tight he is with the Kings. I don't think very. Picture this. Lucic has a supposed role on a team. The Kings players are laughing at the bench after taking runs at McD and nothing happening. in effect they could even be laughing at Lucic who is supposed to be the beat cop.

But interestingly Kass is right on the topline and he does nothing about the McD instance, and then gets removed from the line. Something is really up. The lack of anybody sticking up for McD is curious in its absence. Whats going on?

Reactions: GOilers88

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Can Lucic agree to terminate his contract if he wants out bad enough? (Berglund comes to mind). Let him rot in the press box and ask himself if the money is worth it.

I think the league would reject that unless there's some sort of breach of contract. Berglund went AWOL, Garrison refused to report to the AHL so those are grounds.

His NMC screws over both sides if they mutually agreed to waive him, he fails to report to AHL and they terminate the contract. Too fishy that he waives for the A then doesn't report.

I really want the owners to dig in and fight for non-guaranteed money contracts this next lockout. This is exhibit A right here.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Hey Bobby, you still laughing at me know?

upload_2019-1-6_11-35-7.png

Reactions: space321

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Its interesting. Some people are saying that Lucic has friends in LA still. I'm not convinced its the Kings. I know he hangs with other sports star players around there and trains with them but I'm not sure how tight he is with the Kings. I don't think very. Picture this. Lucic has a supposed role on a team. The Kings players are laughing at the bench after taking runs at McD and nothing happening. in effect they could even be laughing at Lucic who is supposed to be the beat cop.

But interestingly Kass is right on the topline and he does nothing about the McD instance, and then gets removed from the line. Something is really up. The lack of anybody sticking up for McD is curious in its absence. Whats going on?

You know, I'm glad you brought this up. I thought of that too with Khaira, Kassian, hell even Manning. To contradict my own post, there's more than just Lucic on the team to run retaliation. Something is weird.
Is the room that toxic again? Was it because Hitchcock sent the point producers away from practise now the team has beef?

This roster is just so...broken (so is the org in general). That is the only way I can describe it.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016

Its all a precursor to the inevitable reality that Connor McDavid wont finish his contract in Edmonton. If the whole house isnt cleaned this season, not even a new GM is going to make me want to watch this clownshow. Why would McD want to live it?

I honestly believe Ottawa still has the better situation.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
NMC means no movement from the Oilers at all. No minors no other leagues. May even have a clause to not be able to keep him out of a game.
Best Oiler's may be able to do is bench him.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You know, I'm glad you brought this up. I thought of that too with Khaira, Kassian, hell even Manning. To contradict my own post, there's more than just Lucic on the team to run retaliation. Something is weird.
Is the room that toxic again? Was it because Hitchcock sent the point producers away from practise now the team has beef?

This roster is just so...broken (so is the org in general). That is the only way I can describe it.

Has nothing to do with Hitch. It would have preceded him to be this ingrained.

We can only speculate. But HNIC are calling it out, all of them, and they are correct. The LA bench (thank you) was calling it out. People can look at Doughty, Phaneuf, etc as asses, (they are) but when a calling out and mocking is so visible that an opponent is laughing at the team, laughing at the org, it hilities the need for change more than anything else can. That's why I liked Bieksa too when he called out the Oilers last season. We NEED this stuff to be pointed out externally. The way I look at it jackasses with loose lips is actually helping. Because it outs that there is a huge problem. We know what the problem is. We know that McDrai get run constantly and nothing is done about it. What we don't know is why.

Even in the same game Talbot is tapped by Liepsic and Nurse comes to his Defense. We know that Lucic targeted Liepsic too but how strange is that . He isn't Doughty, he isn't Clifford, he isn't Phaneuf.

The only Oiler that showed any balls was Chiasson going at Carter. That was the only aggressive reation that made any sense in the game.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Dress him and have him sit on the bench for 3-4 games in a row without taking a shift if he somehow has a no HS clause (never heard of such a thing). This guy an straight up **** off. The Kings announcer mentioned that Leipsic wasn't on the team when Looch was so he was the obvious target for Looch to be a douche to. I have no time for this guy and if he keeps playing I hope that he gets TKO'd by Reaves or even Calgary's goon so that he can go on LTIR. That'd be the biggest favor that Calgary could ever do for us.

He comes across as a big ****ing baby that pouts far more than Hall who I used to rip on for such things, I'm done feeling sorry for him, he's extremely wealthy, has a family and has a job that many would kill to have. **** him and his sulking and lack of give a ****. This is the worst possible player that our team could've acquired because he sucks as a leader and is too tough for any of our other guys to ream in the room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad