Player Discussion Can Lucic bounce back? Part II

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Dress him and have him sit on the bench for 3-4 games in a row without taking a shift if he somehow has a no HS clause (never heard of such a thing). This guy an straight up **** off. The Kings announcer mentioned that Leipsic wasn't on the team when Looch was so he was the obvious target for Looch to be a *****e to. I have no time for this guy and if he keeps playing I hope that he gets TKO'd by Reaves or even Calgary's goon so that he can go on LTIR. That'd be the biggest favor that Calgary could ever do for us.

He comes across as a big ****ing baby that pouts far more than Hall who I used to rip on for such things, I'm done feeling sorry for him, he's extremely wealthy, has a family and has a job that many would kill to have. **** him and his sulking and lack of give a ****. This is the worst possible player that our team could've acquired because he sucks as a leader and is too tough for any of our other guys to ream in the room.

Thanks man. I'm genuinely sorry its come to this. We've experienced enough pain as fans. I know at one time you were a fan of Looch and had far different expectations. Some people check out of responsibility and you can't really predict who. Lucic essentially retired when he signed this contract. It was my suspicion, nothing to base it on, just a feeling. Its terrible its come to this. I agree the org has to embarrass Lucic at this point.

As an aside there were some things in the Vancouver incident that didn't sit well with me. That hilited Looch had a lot of issues. He dissed the city of Vancouver, saying he's never coming back, just because some jackasses stirred a fight with him. Why generalize like that. To me it seemed that something was already wrong with Looch to take that reaction. He's stubborn too. For all we know something has happened here and he's butthurt about it.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Messier11

May 9, 2016
Its interesting. Some people are saying that Lucic has friends in LA still. I'm not convinced its the Kings. I know he hangs with other sports star players around there and trains with them but I'm not sure how tight he is with the Kings. I don't think very. Picture this. Lucic has a supposed role on a team. The Kings players are laughing at the bench after taking runs at McD and nothing happening. in effect they could even be laughing at Lucic who is supposed to be the beat cop.

But interestingly Kass is right on the topline and he does nothing about the McD instance, and then gets removed from the line. Something is really up. The lack of anybody sticking up for McD is curious in its absence. Whats going on?

Just go through Lucic's twitter account.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
I don't think Kassian, Nurse or Khaira would be scared to physically challenge Lucic. Nurse fought him already.

But, the reality is that he's just physically unable to contribute at the NHL level any more. He's teammates know it and probably pity him. He'll likely get his 21.5M Katz handshake this summer. The only other option is a failed medical or, depending on the contract terms, coming to an agreement on LTIR where the player still gets all the money and the team gets out from under the deal. Lucic and his camp would need to feel ready for retirement for that to work and the insurance auditors would have more that a few questions a la Hossa. Lucic's back condition probably affords everyone with a dignified out. My guess is Lucic is stubborn as a mule and forces the buyout thinking he'll get an extra 2M per year from some team and come out ahead. I think that assessment would be wrong, but wouldn't be surprised if he believes he can still play. Sort of how Maroon felt he was a 4M player on the open market only to realize he cocked up and probably cost himself 5+M by leaving Connor. Self-deception.

What a disaster and one that most intelligent hockey observers saw coming from miles away.

If I had a kid with NHL ability, I'm recommending Lucic's agent. Amazing contract for the player.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Has nothing to do with Hitch. It would have preceded him to be this ingrained.

We can only speculate. But HNIC are calling it out, all of them, and they are correct. The LA bench (thank you) was calling it out. People can look at Doughty, Phaneuf, etc as asses, (they are) but when a calling out and mocking is so visible that an opponent is laughing at the team, laughing at the org, it hilities the need for change more than anything else can. That's why I liked Bieksa too when he called out the Oilers last season. We NEED this stuff to be pointed out externally. The way I look at it jackasses with loose lips is actually helping. Because it outs that there is a huge problem. We know what the problem is. We know that McDrai get run constantly and nothing is done about it. What we don't know is why.

Even in the same game Talbot is tapped by Liepsic and Nurse comes to his Defense. We know that Lucic targeted Liepsic too but how strange is that . He isn't Doughty, he isn't Clifford, he isn't Phaneuf.

The only Oiler that showed any balls was Chiasson going at Carter. That was the only aggressive reation that made any sense in the game.

The media can say all they want and call out players, I don't think much will change. This organization is way too arrogant and conceited to realise they're the problem, not the solution.

The rest of the league, especially the Cali teams, know the refs are in their back pocket for the most part. They can do whatever they can practically do what they want against the Oilers with very little punishment. When an Oiler retaliates, ie Kassian, it's an automatic penalty. In scrums, the refs are in there right away protecting the other player (which is usually the instigator).

I think part of it is they know they'll get called and don't want to put the team shorthanded because the PK sucks.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The media can say all they want and call out players, I don't think much will change. This organization is way too arrogant and conceited to realise they're the problem, not the solution.

The rest of the league, especially the Cali teams, know the refs are in their back pocket for the most part. They can do whatever they can practically do what they want against the Oilers with very little punishment. When an Oiler retaliates, ie Kassian, it's an automatic penalty. In scrums, the refs are in there right away protecting the other player (which is usually the instigator).

I think part of it is they know they'll get called and don't want to put the team shorthanded because the PK sucks.

The Redwine club, Gretz, Nicholson, others, maybe even Katz were at this game. That's why I liked that the Kings on the bench were mocking the Oilers. It was impossible not to notice that the Kings bench called out the Oilers bench in this game, early, and the Oilers did not respond.

This is a bigger moment than most. I even think last year that Bieksa calling out the Oilers PP on National TV was the kind of embarrassment that ultimately led to change. Katz, Lowe, etal, they don't like the laughter....;)

The one thing that motivates this org is jeering. Something will happen.

Don't agree with your comment about the pk. This was the ideal game in which to exact retribution. The game was over, by the third period. we had a whole period for our enforcers to show something. lol that it was Lucic running after Liepsic. What an embrassment. The whole Edmonton bench has to witness that as well.

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Some not very credible sources say that the rumour is Lucic officially requested a trade. If there is any truth to that it’s laughable. Absolutely zero teams would be interested.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Hope he bounces himself to the Sun .

Pure garbage player that cares more about personal image amongst his social circle than the team that pays him.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Someone posted how the buyout would work. Barely even worth it.

We're at the point were even the meager savings from a buyout over the next 4 seasons and then the minor penalties afterwards for a few seasons are likely preferable to having him on this roster.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
We're at the point were even the meager savings from a buyout over the next 4 seasons and then the minor penalties afterwards for a few seasons are likely preferable to having him on this roster.

Bang on.Hopefully cap inflation makes the poison pill a little easier to swallow.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Thanks man. I'm genuinely sorry its come to this. We've experienced enough pain as fans. I know at one time you were a fan of Looch and had far different expectations. Some people check out of responsibility and you can't really predict who. Lucic essentially retired when he signed this contract. It was my suspicion, nothing to base it on, just a feeling. Its terrible its come to this. I agree the org has to embarrass Lucic at this point.

As an aside there were some things in the Vancouver incident that didn't sit well with me. That hilited Looch had a lot of issues. He dissed the city of Vancouver, saying he's never coming back, just because some jackasses stirred a fight with him. Why generalize like that. To me it seemed that something was already wrong with Looch to take that reaction. He's stubborn too. For all we know something has happened here and he's ******** about it.

Barring a brain injury this is ****ing horse **** on his part. Completely inexcusable. Even if he can't stickhandle and snipe just based on his size and strength he should be able to pot goals by screening the goalie and crashing the crease. He blows at both of those things because he doesn't put in the effort to get better in those areas.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
The Redwine club, Gretz, Nicholson, others, maybe even Katz were at this game. That's why I liked that the Kings on the bench were mocking the Oilers. It was impossible not to notice that the Kings bench called out the Oilers bench in this game, early, and the Oilers did not respond.

This is a bigger moment than most. I even think last year that Bieksa calling out the Oilers PP on National TV was the kind of embarrassment that ultimately led to change. Katz, Lowe, etal, they don't like the laughter....;)

The one thing that motivates this org is jeering. Something will happen.

Don't agree with your comment about the pk. This was the ideal game in which to exact retribution. The game was over, by the third period. we had a whole period for our enforcers to show something. lol that it was Lucic running after Liepsic. What an embrassment. The whole Edmonton bench has to witness that as well.

We'll Randorf did say security wouldn't let Gretz into the building and someone from the Oilers had to get him in. They were joking that all the security guard had to do was go compare the statue of the guy out front to the guy wanting in lol.

Gretzky probably wishes he stayed out.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
This guy is a complete joke.

Stop whining to the media about your play and f***ing man up and show some effort. All he does is float around the ice with zero intensity. He doesn't play like he wants to score, he could care less about the result.

Pathetic to watch.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Tell him that he'll be traveling with the team, not practicing and riding pine from now until he voids his deal or someone trades for him. The traveling part is just to make things uncomfortable for him. He clearly cares about his old teammates yet he has no regard for how much he's ****ed his GM that knew him from Boston and then gave him his retirement contract.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Lucic's family lives in LA in the summer, they have a home there. Why would he not have friends there.

Him waiving the NTC is the issue, he likely would waive for just about any other market at this point.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I'm aware, but I'm not sure there's another way out.
A buyout would be the worst possible thing they could do at this point. He'd be on the books for many years after, and it would hamstring us going forward. Take the lumps and move him in a year or two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad