Can Bobrovsky challenge Price for Vezina?

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008
Yes, yes he has.

There is so much more than "stats" to the game... Watching Price would actually may be help you... I remember how trash Dubnyk was on Hamilton. God forbid.

The way Price play the puck is even better than Brodeur. Dude make better pass than most bottom pairing day. His d-zone exit are out of this world.

Price has a whole has more talent in his left leg than Dubnyuk, c'mon.

Dubnyk is a system goalie, always had trash stats everywhere except in Minnesota on a 35 games season, last year he was a middle of the pack goalie. He is on a hot streak. Wilds always been defensive and not scoring goals... System goalie

Not to shoot more holes in your argument but Wild are #1 in the West at the moment in goals for per game (in addition to #1 in goals against per game).

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Price and Bishop are in another planet with puck handling

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Yes, he can

Dubnyk is the guy I would give it to though if I had to hand it to someone today. His numbers are in a different stratosphere, although, that W-L record looks strange for a goalie posting those kinds of numbers.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Well currently Price shouldn't even be the winner. Dubynk has been the best goalie this year then Price and Bob have been pretty much equals

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
It's wide open.
Price pouted after getting pulled last night. He looked like Patrick Roy.

oh no, a goalie who is passionate about what he does and visibly hates losing.

SHIP HIM OUT ASAP!!!!!

don't need the boys on the bench to have their feelings hurt. nhl should eliminate keeping score and have every game finish fun to fun. every team gets their own molson Canadian mini Stanley Cup at the end of the year.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I've been watching Bobrovsky since his days in Russia, he's one of the most special players in the league and I firmly believe he winds up with a good long stretch as the best goaltender on the planet. I think he runs away with the Vezina this year.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
If the season ended today, Price doesn't get the Vezina.

Dubnyk would win by a landslide.

If voting happened today, I would suspect it would go something like this

(1) Dubnyk
(2) Price (more name recognition than Bobrovsky playing on a high profile NHL franchise)
(3) Bobrovsky

With Rask on the outside looking in.

I think Bobrovsky could win it. Question is if Columbus can keep up what they are doing. If they can, he can stay in the hunt with Price and Dubnyk.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
.946% or whatever Dubnyk is rocking right now. Unheard of. Right now its a battle for second and third place.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
This reminds me of Rinne and Schneider in Careys Hart season :laugh: at the end of the day, only one will finish with a .930 plus stats, and its most likely not gonna be Dubnyk

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Yes, because Columbus is playing much better than Montreal. This is no reflection on Price, however.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Stats wise sure he has a chance. But Price is miles ahead technique/positioning wise. CBJ playing the hot hand but I could see them dip a bit. We went on a losing streak in the West and Price didn't allow more than 2 goals on those loses. Price isnt even hot

Not really, Bob is one of the most talented goalies in the world. Id say right now he is second to price and the gap isnt nearly as large as you are suggesting.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Of course. Everyone can challenge Price for the Vezina, provided they play well enough.

Tonysil

Jan 1, 2013
Springfield, MA
Although it's early I agree that it's Dub's trophy to lose right now. Rask has to be the runner up though and if you want to see how valuable he is look at the games started by the backups.

Boston: 9 games, 2 points
Montreal: 8 games, 8 points
Minnesota: 6 games, 7 points
Columbus: 3 games, 4 points

Every other one of those teams are averaging at least 1 point per game with a backup while Boston is averaging .22 points with a backup.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
it's a 4 guy's race right now, Dubnik, Price,Bobrovsky and Rask

if i had to decide today it would be Dubnik, but if Price can avoid injury i think he will surpass all of those guy"s in save % and GA average and win it

that being said, Rask just blank the kings, he's having a great season so far

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
I don't see anyone beating Price barring a complete collapse.

The Canadiens owe a large part of their success to Price. Not many goalies in his position would be able to keep the Canadiens above .500, never mind 1st in the east.

So, now since the Blue Jackets are 1st in the League, with their last two wins against both Pittsburgh and Montreal, and Bobrovsky allowing just 2 goals against in those two games; and on top of that currently with the best GA in the League... Does Bobrovsky deserve strong consideration now?

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
So, now since the Blue Jackets are 1st in the League, with their last two wins against both Pittsburgh and Montreal, and Bobrovsky allowing just 2 goals against in those two games; and on top of that currently with the best GA in the League... Does Bobrovsky deserve strong consideration now?

He won the game for us tonight. The rest of the team was putrid.

MLSE

Jan 30, 2004
Windsor, Ontario
I've been watching Bobrovsky since his days in Russia, he's one of the most special players in the league and I firmly believe he winds up with a good long stretch as the best goaltender on the planet. I think he runs away with the Vezina this year.

Runs away with it?

Hard to "run away" being arguable #2 or #3 half way through the season.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
dubs to lose I think. leading in everything other then wins is still a no brainer. plus wild are on a roll also

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad