Can Bobrovsky challenge Price for Vezina?

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Sooooo your saying that a team stat of wins means GAA, SV% and SO don't matter? Not saying a goalie hasn't won the Vezna before based on wins but I think it's a pretty poor argument.

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
I agree that right now it looks like a close race between Price, Dubnyk, Bobrovsky and Rask.

I just think that the odds are that Price will keep going while one or two of the other contenders will disappear, and if I had to bet, I'd say Dubnyk will be out of contention in 2 months.

Of course I may end up totally wrong.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I don't see anyone beating Price barring a complete collapse.

The Canadiens owe a large part of their success to Price. Not many goalies in his position would be able to keep the Canadiens above .500, never mind 1st in the east.
In 8 of Prices 16 wins, the Habs have scored 4 or more goals. 6 of 16 the habs have registered 5 or more. Its also worth mentioning that in 2 of 3 of Prices losses this year, Montreal has scored 3 goals. (both 4-3 losses).

So even if a lesser went .500 vs 1.000 in the remaining 8 games, that puts the habs 8 points back from where they are, still well over .500.

Last edited:

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Dubnyk hasnt put up a game with a save percentage lower than .917 since his first two games of the season. Now that's consistency. Most goalies don't even have a .917 save percentage average on the season.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I agree that right now it looks like a close race between Price, Dubnyk, Bobrovsky and Rask.

I just think that the odds are that Price will keep going while one or two of the other contenders will disappear, and if I had to bet, I'd say Dubnyk will be out of contention in 2 months.

Of course I may end up totally wrong.

Dubnyk is second in the league in wins, second in the league in Save percentage, second in the league in GAA, and first in the league in shutouts since the date he was traded to Minny two years ago. Id say after Carey Price dubnyk is the favorite.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Dubnyk is second in the league in wins, second in the league in Save percentage, second in the league in GAA, and first in the league in shutouts since the date he was traded to Minny two years ago. Id say after Carey Price dubnyk is the favorite.

Do you think Price's W-L record tilts the scale to him? Dubnyk has him beat in every stat other than that.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Do you think Price's W-L record tilts the scale to him? Dubnyk has him beat in every stat other than that.

It's along season. Dubnyk is hugely underrated around the NHL, but Price is by far the best goalie, imo. I suspect price wins it unless he gets injured, but I believe dubnyk will be a finalist.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Bob is having a great year and may work his way into a finalist spot, but if Price is healthy, I don't see anyone taking it from him.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Dubynk has my vote thus far... with that said, the homer and me is pulling for Bobrovsky obviously :D

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
[MOD]Price isn't even the front-runner for the Vezina right now (Dubnyk is) and Bobrovsky is probably the 4th best goalie so far, after Dubnyk, Price and Rask.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
IMO, Dubnyk's the frontrunner. Price is 2nd. Rask 3rd.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Bobrovsky is on the case, when it comes to the Vezina trophy. Dubnyk, Price, and Rask are also in the mix.

IMO it will be one of the four, there's no clear leader for me at the moment.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I haven't seen Dubnyk play but just by the numbers, he's faced a lot more shots than Price and Bob, and still has given up a few less goals. He's the frontrunner - though that doesn't mean much this early.

As for the OP question, of course Bob can challenge for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad