Can Bobrovsky challenge Price for Vezina?

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
Sorry to say this but there's no chance. Not because he can't be better but because Price plays in Montreal while Bobrovsky plays in Columbus.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I'd say Dubnyk has the lead for the Vezina right now. Price for the Hart though if that makes sense to anyone else. :laugh:

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Sorry to say this but there's no chance. Not because he can't be better but because Price plays in Montreal while Bobrovsky plays in Columbus.

Mason won the Calder in CBJ while Price wasn't even a finalist in MTL (despite easily deserving it). Back to back years I think.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

Bob has already won a Vezina while playing for Columbus. What's your point?

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
He is in the running. Price, Bobrovsky, Dubnyk and Rask are the top 4 in no particular order at this point.

If your in the running anything can happen. As others have said, he has already won the Vezina in Columbus and I think this is the best team Columbus has ever had. Do the math on that one and tell me it's not possible.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
He is in the running. Price, Bobrovsky, Dubnyk and Rask are the top 4 in no particular order at this point.

If your in the running anything can happen. As others have said, he has already won the Vezina in Columbus and I think this is the best team Columbus has ever had. Do the math on that one and tell me it's not possible.

This. I think Price is a little ahead of the others, but it's a very small gap between any of the 4.

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
Stats wise sure he has a chance. But Price is miles ahead technique/positioning wise. CBJ playing the hot hand but I could see them dip a bit. We went on a losing streak in the West and Price didn't allow more than 2 goals on those loses. Price isnt even hot

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Rask is way better than Bobrovsky and he doesn't challenge Price, so no.

superstar436

Mar 4, 2004
Both goalies are hot, playing on hot teams, very similar goalie stats, both are top 10 in 4 major stat categories.

Does Bob have a go at another Vezina?

dubnyk has been better than price so far this season.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
nobody has been better then price this year..

Dubnyk has better stats than Price this season. It's really close though.

(Stats from eliteprospects.com)

Dubnyk: 21 GP, 1.66 GAA, .946 sv%
Price: 20 GP, 1.79 GAA, .940 sv%

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Dubnyk has better stats than Price this season. It's really close though.

(Stats from eliteprospects.com)

Dubnyk: 21 GP, 1.66 GAA, .946 sv%
Price: 20 GP, 1.79 GAA, .940 sv%
Who would you take on your team? Price is way better.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Dubnyk leads in wins, save percentage and shutouts.

This is not a "career trophy". It's about who is having the best season.

Of course, one shouldn't underestimate the power of the Canadian media, especially in Montreal or Toronto.

After all, Weber has had better seasons and been denied the Norris trophy, but he goes to Montreal and suddenly OMG he's a LOCK for the Norris! :laugh:

Such is the loooong history of the NHL.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Dubnyk, Price, Bob, and Rask are the guys leading the way right now. I think Bob has a reasonable chance at being a finalist. But I think Price and Dubnyk are going to be the ones who really compete for the Vezina.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Who would you take on your team? Price is way better.

The post I was replying to said that nobody has been better than Price this year, when Dubnyk has slightly better stats than him.

This season, Price has not been better than Dubnyk.

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
The post I was replying to said that nobody has been better than Price this year, when Dubnyk has slightly better stats than him.

This season, Price has not been better than Dubnyk.

Yes, yes he has.

There is so much more than "stats" to the game... Watching Price would actually may be help you... I remember how trash Dubnyk was on Hamilton. God forbid.

The way Price play the puck is even better than Brodeur. Dude make better pass than most bottom pairing day. His d-zone exit are out of this world.

Price has a whole has more talent in his left leg than Dubnyuk, c'mon.

Dubnyk is a system goalie, always had trash stats everywhere except in Minnesota on a 35 games season, last year he was a middle of the pack goalie. He is on a hot streak. Wilds always been defensive and not scoring goals... System goalie

Im here to help ya

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Yes, yes he has.

There is so much more than "stats" to the game... Watching Price would actually may be help you... I remember how trash Dubnyk was on Hamilton. God forbid.

The way Price play the puck is even better than Brodeur. Dude make better pass than most bottom pairing day. His d-zone exit are out of this world.

Price has a whole has more talent in his left leg than Dubnyuk, c'mon.

Dubnyk is a system goalie, always had trash stats everywhere except in Minnesota on a 35 games season, last year he was a middle of the pack goalie. He is on a hot streak. Wilds always been defensive and not scoring goals... System goalie

Im here to help ya

So you're using an eight game sample size from three years ago to judge Dubnyk, who has been great for us? Dubnyk isn't a system goalie. In fact Dubnyk has bailed us out in many games this season when the team looked like garbage.

Quite the hot streak he's having when he played 39 games for on his first season with the Wild and had a GAA of 1.78 with a + .930 sv%. Last season the whole Wild sucked for a good while before Yeo was sacked, but Dubnyk wasn't a problem. This season he has already played over 20 games with great results, and is leading in shutouts, sv% and GAA right now. Price is the first in wins, though.

Vezina isn't a career trophy, it should be given to the best goalie of the season. Who cares if Dubnyk sucked with another team years ago? He has played well for the Wild.
------------------

As for the thread topic though, I'd say the Vezina race has a clear top 4 at the moment in Rask, Dubnyk, Price and Bobrovski. I'd say he definitely has a shot, but is still 4th in my book.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad