Rumor: Cam Talbot expected to be traded after turning down extension with Ottawa

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Kings would have to move Quick or Petersen if they would bring another goalie in. They should be going after Korpisalo, not Talbot if they want to bring in another goalie.
There is not a single word or sign that the Kings are looking for another goalie from the management.
We just resigned Copley and we are sitting well.

No reason for those Canadian mud slingers to involve the Kings with any player available on the market

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Can any goalie stay above .900 with that defence?

1677429955107.png

• Haha
Reactions: Kegs

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Why was Ottawa even looking to extend him? Dorion absolutely refuses to learn.

Can't really say this without knowing the numbers. For all we know he offered league minimum for 1yr, or way too much for way too long.

I'd be OK with Talbot back on a bargain deal but otherwise would prefer another option. I'm fine with that bridge being burnt either way

Reactions: Altimus

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
What a beaut. Love him.

Because at least he is trying to win. Sure beats the coyotes endless rebuild.
Does a 36-year old mediocre backup help him accomplish that? He should be looking for a high-upside partner for Forsberg.

Reactions: Kegs

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Ottawa has climbed into the WC race and made the big splash with Chychrun. They holding on to him now?

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
feels bad man
we only moved our goalie of the future for him. why dorion why
Never understood that move. As a fan of Gus and being mad we saw him get moved from the Pens to the sens. It was funny to see Billy G effectively get back a pens tandem in Minnesota and now Ottawa is back to waiting for a goalie to emerge again. Gus has always been a stud prospect and he's just starting to rise.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
The Summer of Dorion feels like years ago.
To be fair, the team had lost 2 in a row when that rumour came out. 4 wins in a row and a big trade for a stud D changes things.

Talbot should be highly motivated. His best shot at getting a good offer for next year is to help drag the Sens in to the playoffs. That’s a bigger opportunity than riding the pine for a competitor.

Reactions: topshelf15

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Probably wasn't a great offer. 35yo with meh stats.
He's better off waiting to see what he gets in the summer.

He might even get less in the summer. Not many teams looking for a 36 year old starter with meh numbers.

A team would likely bring him on as backup and pay him peanuts.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Weird on his end unless they totally low balled him. I mean he could be part of a winning team that just made some nice moves to set themselves up even more for next year to be very competitive.

Last edited:

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Weird on his end unless they totally low balled him. I mean he could be part of a winning team that just made some nice moves to set themselves up even more for next year to be very competitive.

One more time for the people in the back!

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
If we are into our back up and 3rd string...we shouldn't expect to win anything.

Roll with Sammy Murray and Woll.

Talbot plays well in the playoffs. If Murray is out of the lineup again and Sammy falters, I'd rather have Talbot even as backup than a rookie Woll.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Talbot plays well in the playoffs. If Murray is out of the lineup again and Sammy falters, I'd rather have Talbot even as backup than a rookie Woll.
There has been no indication he can repeat that. He looks terrible right now. Not worth the risk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad