Rumor: Cam Talbot expected to be traded after turning down extension with Ottawa

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
You have to have below-average goaltending to want to pick up an average goalie at the TDL. But yeah, the mentioned teams are probably in that spot. :oops:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
You have to have below-average goaltending to want to pick up an average goalie at the TDL. But yeah, the mentioned teams are probably in that spot. :oops:

For Vegas, Thompson just got injured. So they have to deal with their 3rd and 4th string goalies as a tandem as of now.

Honestly though, i would just rather stick with the tandem until Thompson comes back.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
With the amount of chaos already in Buffalo's net, I'm not sure they make that move and try to acclimate Talbot to the team's style while trying to get into the playoffs. It would be a definite sea change for the GM to make that move based on what he's been saying.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
With the amount of chaos already in Buffalo's net, I'm not sure they make that move and try to acclimate Talbot to the team's style while trying to get into the playoffs. It would be a definite sea change for the GM to make that move based on what he's been saying.
Yes…but haven’t Comrie and UPL pretty much forced his hand? They can’t be the duo next year. A veteran has to be picked up who can take over the old man who isn’t complete trash for Anderson.

If Talbot would sign an extension with them…it feels exactly like what they would do for next year

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
A reasonable goalie at a reasonable price.
Desmith is not a good G, bringing him back in a deal and having him for another year is awful for the sens, especially while retaining on Talbot. They’d be better off just dumping Talbot than doing this, or letting his deal run out and walk

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Mid 1st (lottery protected)
Middle 6 C
bottom pairing potential D

For a goalie who is considered to be a top 10 goalie (probably higher) in the league signed for 3 more season at a good cap hit. I wouldnt say its a high price at all
Mid 1st (lottery protected)
Middle 6 C
bottom pairing potential D

For a goalie who is considered to be a top 10 goalie (probably higher) in the league signed for 3 more season at a good cap hit. I wouldnt say its a high price at all
Terrible price to pay for Demko.

If he was a top ten goalie in the league at 27 on a multi-year term deal Vancouver wouldn’t entertain the thought of moving him in this window of theirs, and they also would be a perennial contender in the West.

12-16 first round pick has a lot of value
Greig is a blue chip prospect
Kleven sure, might be a throwaway I guess? Still a second round pick that has been progressing well.

Vancouver should go trade their 2023 first round pick, Lekkerimaki, and Rathbone or whatever throwaway prospect they have as a third piece for Vejmelka.

1st round pick - middle of the pack
Lekkerimaki - one dimensional middle six winger
Rathbone - nothing special

I can do the same thing to try to justify dog shit trades.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad