Injury Report: Cam Atkinson, neck surgery, December 2022

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
So.... the Flyers are paying a lot of dudes who can't play and some who will never play. Also one who enjoys martinis.

Coots, $7.75M
Atkinson, $5.875M
Ellis, $6.25M

Then there's Allison, Brink, and Laczynski (total of about $2.5M)

Of course who could forget having a $666k cap hit next year for Lindblom.

And the eternal regret of paying Bryzgalov $1.4M per year until 2027.

Oh, and $15M for a coach they fired after he coached a mere 147 games - less than two season's worth.

Is this what rock bottom feels like?
chuckles enters chat...

Another player's season ended mysteriously. He was cleared a few weeks ago, and now how's done for the season? Something doesn't add up.

Refusing to disclose his injury also stinks of a cover up of some sort going on.
"doesnt want to play for this shit Org. itis...."

i believe is the medical term

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Also also.

We can assume this probably happened in off season training no?
Player rehabs, get injured, it's the fault of pushing him.
Player doesn't rehab, gets injured, it's b/c he's out of shape b/c they didn't push him in rehab.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Per Philadelphia Inquirer article: Tortorella is confident Atkinson will return this season. He said Atkinson doesn’t feel comfortable getting back on the ice yet, but as soon as he does, Tortorella knows he’ll be back.

Source: Flyers winger James van Riemsdyk out indefinitely, to undergo finger surgery

I thought this was a new thread at first when I read these tweets then realized they were from October. Oh well. At least this didn’t turn into another Ellis situa-wait what the hell???

Sedlak fumbled the bag for not just saying he was hurt before he left

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
There may not be a thing that I "enjoy" more than journalists coming out after something happens saying how they knew the whole time.

Although, I guess he is saying that he was saying it on BSH which I don't listen to but point stands.

I haven’t listened to an episode in a while. But he was saying something like that around the beginning of the year on episodes I did listen to.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
I've never seen one organization have so many "mystery" injuries. There is no bottom to this chasm, except for Chuck Fletcher.

I'd laugh my tits off if Scam was actually fine physically and just didn't want to play for these c***s.
I say this for years. And for years curu is coming at me and saying all teams have injuries. @Curufinwe can we finally agree that the flyers have the most injuries and the most bizarre injuries in the whole league?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad