Injury Report: Cam Atkinson, neck surgery, December 2022

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Yup, agreed.

I think it's best when it's just Charlie, Kelly, and Bill. And actually, when Bill was out last week, and Kelly moderated, I thought that was a much better format. Kelly was like a stand-in for fans just asking questions to Charlie who covers the team for a living, and it worked.
Bill seems like a real authentic fan. Loves Haysie, Laughts and Mac, loves throwing fbombs all the time. He dont like Sanheim and hates Frost. I hear the podcast cause Bill and Kelly have no filter. And i think you need the no filter approach with this team. A lot of times i have another opinion but its better than the Propaganda on the other pods. Stg is also good. But they are a bit over the top with the self glorifying!

Reactions: flyersnorth

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I decided to listen to some BSH. Charlie made it sound like Farabee's injury happened while lifting weights and he felt something wrong but Atkinson came in to camp feeling off and it was seemingly from more "wear and tear" then one specific instance.

He also stated that the Flyers were pushing for a surgery but Atkinson didn't want it and wanted to just try and rehab and get back to playing but then he talked to a doctor who basically told him he had to get the surgery because one wrong hit and he could be paralyzed and Atkinson relented.

Now that doesn't mean that the team is without blame. He said the organization was still considering on Saturday having Atkinson play against the Rangers. Just amazing stuff, really.
He also alluded to Atkinson's pushing back against the surgery as partially having to do with a level of distrust that the players have for the medical staff.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Probably has to do with the fact that normal human beings are adverse to people cutting them with sharp objects.
If given the choice between rehab and surgery, which would you choose?

Reactions: IronMarshal

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Curu you dont want to answer my question? Do you still believe the flyers have not more injuries than every other franchise?
Right now CBJ is ahead of us, Caps are pretty close.
Some of it is random, like cancer hot spots, when you flip coins you get streaks of heads or tails, not head and tails consistently alternating.
So it's possible most of the Flyer injury issues are just bad luck.

Reactions: Devonator

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Right now CBJ is ahead of us, Caps are pretty close.
Some of it is random, like cancer hot spots, when you flip coins you get streaks of heads or tails, not head and tails consistently alternating.
So it's possible most of the Flyer injury issues are just bad luck.
I'd like to add the Avs to that list as well of clubs with more serious numbers of injuries than usual. There are a bunch of clubs that are in this situation. Boston was banged up pretty heavily going into the season though most of these guys are back.
This is not to absolve the Flyers of not being better at checking out guys that that they want to acquire. It's also why trading for players from an another organization is tricky business. I don't care what others say, clubs hide their injuries as best that they can at all times. Ex.-the Flyers had to know that Jake had had his bell rung a few times; Nashville knew that Ellis was banged up; even with Junior players better diligence would have found that Patrick had had his fair share of injuries prior to the draft.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Do you root for him to suck so they can play younger players or do good. Remember, if he does good the Flyers will forget they are in a rebuild and extend him for the vet-tran core.....

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Do you root for him to suck so they can play younger players or do good. Remember, if he does good the Flyers will forget they are in a rebuild and extend him for the vet-tran core.....
No, build up his value.

Reactions: Devonator

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Great start for Cam. 6 goals already, and it would have been number 7 last night but a Buffalo player got a glove on his shot in the 3rd.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He's leaking HD scoring chances however, but that's a line problem, given that Atkinson and Couts haven't played for a year plus, and Tippett is adjusting both to new linemates and the left side, growing pains are to be expected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad