Post-Game Talk: Calvin Pick0rd

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
They're just stupid period. Have so little self esteem and oversensitivity that they get upset and violent at the first chance. Never seen so many fights in the crowd as during Canucklehead games.
And they can’t fight a bit. Lots of swinging like a girl with their left hand in those fights. Only thing I liked in Vancouver at the time was the pot

Reactions: Oilhawks

InTheBox

Feb 7, 2021
I love Holloway and McLeod together. Brown can at least skate with them and forecheck. I'd like a better player on the right side though. Perry? Maybe. And I think Holloway is playing with a lot more confidence. Maybe Knob said he wouldn't bench him as soon as he does something wrong, like Woody did. Woody handled him very poorly. Giving him around 6 minutes a night as a rookie. That's not enough playing time.

Team looks great. They just need to shoot the puck more in the first two periods. This pass, pass, pass offense angers us all.

And one more thing, the PK is 8th in the league? When was the last time that happened?

In Knob we trust.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
GEx7RorXYAAmN5_.jpg

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
And another thing, Pickard tracks the puck really well. I'm very calm when he's playing. I don't want to waste assets on a goalie. And please don't call Campbell up.

I’ve noticed this too. He always knows where the puck is.

He has pretty good mobility too.

Only real negative is that he does let out some rebounds.

I kinda hope they give him Nashville. I’d like to see him against some better teams.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I'll bet your wife is secretly reading the comments here and wanted to get in on the fun
Lmao I wouldn’t be surprised even a little bit. Someone should start posting how threesomes are nice and give her ideas

(With a woman)

Or if if it’s a dude I’ll accept Van Damme I suppose

Perfect. May I take your wife to the next game?:naughty::D
You have to buy her dinner first!!! She’s a classy lady!!!!

Did she do a clockwise swirl?
I need to teach her that move! I need a tutorial video lmao

Reactions: Biltmore

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Lmao I wouldn’t be surprised even a little bit. Someone should start posting how threesomes are nice and give her ideas

(With a woman)

Or if if it’s a dude I’ll accept Van Damme I suppose

You have to buy her dinner first!!! She’s a classy lady!!!!

I need to teach her that move! I need a tutorial video lmao
If you're still in Edmonton, and you're super spouse likes Flowers, hit up

https://www.bestbuds.ca/

They are well priced, great staff and very nice arrangements.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
And another thing, Pickard tracks the puck really well. I'm very calm when he's playing. I don't want to waste assets on a goalie. And please don't call Campbell up.
Deciding we should go with a career AHL backup into the most important playoff run of the McDrai era because of a shutout against the worst team in league is a little bit of a stretch to me.

The schedule ramps up soon so he should get quite a few starts. If he remains a rock then sure but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. The guy hasn’t even played 10 games.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Pickard looked really good last night….showed great positioning on the penalty shot and generally tracked all the shots well.
Skinner has looked really good in his games…quiet, calm and sturdy.
Which leaves me with the questions , “ has Dustin Schultz left the team? Is he helping the tenders find their game? What’s going on?”

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
So what happens with Pickard in the summer? I would sign him to a 2 year, league min contract. He can be the Condors' 1A/B and back-up for injuries.. if he keeps up this performance, maybe even the NHL backup. He has 124 NHL games experience which is nice

Last edited:
Reactions: InTheBox

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
As a fan, it is so relaxing to go into a 3rd period (even if leading by 3) not knotted up in a ball of nervous energy. Admittedly this may have come at the expense of a certain degree of excitement but the Oilers are well past moral victories or exciting victories. It is time to win.

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton

OilynutEsquire

Sep 24, 2021
Deciding we should go with a career AHL backup into the most important playoff run of the McDrai era because of a shutout against the worst team in league is a little bit of a stretch to me.

The schedule ramps up soon so he should get quite a few starts. If he remains a rock then sure but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. The guy hasn’t even played 10 games.

He has played 124 games in the NHL. He has a 50 game season for a the Avalance. His career average is 2.98 .904. Far from a career AHLer....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad